Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still not done with the Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still not done with the Nautique
    Posted: September-05-2007 at 2:22am
So I have had to rough it out on other boats. Heres Mt. Rainier from the Puget Sound, which is the inlet from the Pacific Ocean leading to Seattle and Tacoma areas. We did a fishing trip, and it turned out to be a great day on the water in Seattle, and it wasnt my boat in the salt water..

Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 4:16am
How was the fishing? I have had several friends go out and do very well this year. I have only had our big boat out once this year...makes me wonder how nice a CC I could build or buy with all the moorage money I spend.

If you are bored this coming Saturday (9/8/07) I am hosting a Fiberglassic event at Lake Tapps starting at about 9:30am. We should have about 10-15 vintage fiberglass boats in the water for some fun. Welcome to come with or without a boat! Let me know if you want directions or more information.

Brian
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 10:36am
I dont care for fishing, so the effort put in was minimal. With that said, we caught some rock fish, Bull Heads, and Flounders, all of which we threw back. We caught quite a bit of Sun, and Beer though, so that went well.

Definitely send me some directions to this event! I will see about bringing my buddy, who has a couple kids so bought a Bayliner, and he can get jealous of what a real boat is. I am currently in Toronto right now, but should be home Friday evening, and that sounds like a good time.

Travshomeaddress@hotmail.com
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 3:43pm
Fins,
I am interested. Where at on the lake? County park?
88 2001
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 3:18pm
We are having it at a private residence but you would be welcome to come. I can e-mail directions if you would like. We currently have about 10 boats that have comitted with the majority being late 50's glass boats (most with fins!).
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 4:22pm
Sounds like a Great Photo Opportunity, I cant wait. I would feel out of place bringing a new boat, so I will leave it at home.
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 5:56pm
I am sure we will be able to get you on one of our boats for a ride. We are scrambling today and tomorrow to get my friends 1957 Reinell fin boat running for the show. You think some of the inboards can be tricky, try a 1959 35HP Evinrude outboard. Better yet, try and find someone willing to work on one!
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 7:48pm
That my boy is what i do,that old 2 stroke is dirt simple, what problems are you having. I will try to walk you thru any issues you are having with that thing......boat dr
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 11:40pm
Thanks Dr. I think that we have it licked. Originally, the idle adjustment knobs at the front of the motor had worn out, so as the motor vibrated, the knobs turned. We got that resolved, then the "new" fuel ate the fuel line and clogged the filters and carb bowl with rubber chunks. After we pulled it all apart, and replaced lines it seems to be a runner!
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic