Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5570
Printed Date: May-16-2024 at 12:07pm

Topic: Seat Re-upolstering
Posted By: whiz05403
Subject: Seat Re-upolstering
Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 3:25pm
OK guys, I have four seat cushions I need to reupolster this winter, I got the exact matching vinyl from the Orlando CC dealer (Extremely helpful) but the local upolstery shop wants $700 labor just for four cushions! Am I stoned or is that price crazy?

I've read where some have done it themselves but I am very picky and I know I could not replicate CC's work. I live in the NE, any suggestions? Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 3:44pm
Where are you exactly? Ive gotten a quote from a shop in upstate NY to install my interior. For installing a complete set of skins and providing all new foam, they quoted me $1200 a year ago. $700 seems high.

-------------

Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 3:47pm
I'm in Burlington Vermont, where is the shop you are talking about, did they do quality work? Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 3:56pm
I originally spoke with Adirondack Marine about having the vinyl installed. They were booked at the time, and referred me to http://www.carriagehouseupholstery.com/ - Carriage House Upholstery . They are located in Lake George, NY.

I have not personally seen their work, as I havent had my interior installed yet. Adirondack gave them a very good referral though, and mentioned their prices are very reasonable. Ive spoken to Charlie a few times and he was great to deal with. I will probably have him do the work this spring. The phone number I have for them is 518-668-5687.

-------------

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 4:29pm
Wow... yeah that is a bit high, i got my entire interior of my '78 done over the winter of 04/05, and it was 1200 for everything, foam, upholstery, labor, etc. I'd keep looking...

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 6:44pm
I had mine done last spring, everthing also with new carpet, for 1500, yes keep looking!!   

Date Posted: January-21-2007 at 6:55pm
There is a lady here in orlando that worked for cc for 25years that does all of our boats, she has all the patterns for all the years and only works on correct crafts, and she charges about 1200 w/o carpet...

Posted By: dans
Date Posted: January-22-2007 at 12:30am
I just dropped off 2 seats , E cover , coming pads , armrest & rear sundeck cushion .CC dealership recomended the person . $900.00 if I removed everthing , re cut wood , replaced t - nuts then dropped it off . $1300 if I just dropped off the boat . I will post pics soon . Dan

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1404&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1981&yrend=198582 - 82 2001

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 1:18am
dans, where are you talking about?

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 9:18am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

There is a lady here in orlando that worked for cc for 25years that does all of our boats, she has all the patterns for all the years and only works on correct crafts, and she charges about 1200 w/o carpet...

Is that Christine?

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 10:33am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Is that Christine?

Yes.. do you know her?

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 10:48am

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Is that Christine?

Yes.. do you know her?

Not exactly- but she made my interior (purchased through White Lake Marine).

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:02am
TRB..Thats cool are you happy with it?

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:44am

TRB..Thats cool are you happy with it?

The skins are still in the boxes, but they look great. Ill give a full report this spring.

-------------

Posted By: dans
Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 12:07pm
Lone star custom upholstry in Lewisville Tx close to Dallas.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1404&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1981&yrend=198582 - 82 2001

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 12:36pm
these amish guys will do your whole interior in leather for 1500.00 including the leather
Randy in ohio   has his seats thier now, I dont know if he picked them up yet

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 1:54pm
Leather and water dont mix!!

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 7:58pm
it was meant to make you think how much will vinyl cost me? usually half

-------------

Date Posted: January-23-2007 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it was meant to make you think how much will vinyl cost me? usually half

Eric...sorry im a little slow sometimes, I never should have went to Woodstock, im still having flashbacks!!

Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 7:49am
I bet those were the days MM, Id like to hear some stories, free love free spirit etc...

-------------

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 12:07pm
Eric_ I still haven't heard from Amish Joe. I keep imagining an amish buggy fitted with my Nautique seats and Joe riding around Amish country. He told me it would be sometime after the first of the year... I am anxiously awaiting his call, since I have no way of calling him.

I am getting the bottom of the spotters seat and bottom of the drivers seat done. Joe gave me a verbal quote of $100 for both. Eric tells me that is in Amish dollars, and I am unsure of the exchange rate of the Amish dollar

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 12:37pm
2 goats and a cow,

-------------

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 2:16pm
HA HA Ha ha...........That's not right Eric!!.........But funny none the less.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 5:42pm
we would go sledding in Amish country and would stop for some refreshments and the Amish would sneak off to this place to watch the ball games and drink and smoke like they were Irish (no pun) the girls the real beauties that they are (no pun) would change into street clothes and do the same, it was really wierd, Its something you would have to experience to know

-------------

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 7:53pm
they must be the young ones. They're allow to experince the rest of the worlds ways before joining the community. Saw some of the samwe stuff NE of syracuse, then there are the menites too not quite as strick as Ahmish

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: 93/70 ccpb
Date Posted: January-24-2007 at 11:59pm
hey randy ,im in burton and middlefield everday,sorry have not seen any buggies with blue and white seats,could'nt resist comment,let me know how your seat turn out when they get back?eric was going to pa$$ on his name but i never heard from him,dan in streetsboro.

-------------
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!

Date Posted: January-25-2007 at 7:47am
93.... Joe,
Randy, you still have the address?

-------------

Posted By: Behl
Date Posted: January-25-2007 at 8:33am
I have seen the teenagers drive their horse drawn buggy pulling a gas powered fishing boat to the lake for fishing.

-------------
Steve in Indy

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1702&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Date Posted: January-25-2007 at 9:17am
Amish address no phone

Joe's tarp shop
286 Co. Rd. 40
Sullivan Oh.

actually i have a hand written number on the card and it looks like Amish writing
        330-421-3708 If a dutch speaking girl answers have your credit card ready J/K
I believe thats his cell number. there is something in the amish rule book where they can use 12 volts, even generators, but no 110volts in the home

-------------

Print Page | Close Window