Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51410
Printed Date: May-18-2024 at 6:36am

Topic: 74 Mustang seats wanted
Posted By: Texas Mustang
Subject: 74 Mustang seats wanted
Date Posted: November-07-2023 at 10:46pm
I'm looking for the metal L-shaped braces and/or seats for a 74 Mustang. I am slowly restoring it and only have a few remnants of the originals seats and one L-brace that connects the seat back to the bench.  I'm really looking for any of the braces or seats in that timeframe (74) so i can recreate as close as to the original as possible.  Any help or nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

I've attached the only brace i have... but not even sure where it goes or fits.

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-08-2023 at 9:48am
Let’s get some more pics of the boat and seats that you have. The bracket pictured was last used in ‘70, and the seats changed several times in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

Posted By: Texas Mustang
Date Posted: November-09-2023 at 9:46pm
Thanks!  I am not sure about the design changes, but when i got the boat it was in bad shape, with no seats in place.  I am not very knowledgeable about the older boats but have enjoyed working on this one.

Here are the pics i got from the previous owner.  I received a bench and seat back (i believe from the back of boat) but that's it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.  

Note: the previous owner had posted on this site under diaries, but the pics are no longer available.  He had acquired the boat in Indiana in bad shape and got it back to running, etc.  He got sick and the boat was left outside for a couple years.  I am slowly putting it back together (new floor, new paint, new engine, etc).  I have the seats and upholstry to do and then the dashboard/gauges.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=917&sort=&pagenum=1 (link to previous owner, my friend, story).

Print Page | Close Window