Forum Name: Boat Parts For Sale
Forum Discription: Parts for sale only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5092
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 2:41am

Topic: Velvet Drive 1:1 Trans sale/trade
Posted By: 1987SN2001
Subject: Velvet Drive 1:1 Trans sale/trade
Date Posted: October-29-2006 at 6:03pm

Removed from 1987 Ski Nautique w/850 hrs. The driveshaft was spinning in nuetral. I ordered about every new component SKIDIM offered. While I was overseas my father-in-law rebuilt it with those parts. It runs for a while, then when shifting into neutral it blows out the rear seal causing transmission fluid to pour out. I am sure it is a simple problem that somebody with a little skill could correct. I lack those skills so I used my life savings to buy a new transmission. I will sell it for $200.00 plus shipping to your address. Or trade it for a trick ski and I'll pay to ship it to you. If you are interested click the link below:

mailto:william.w.schneider@us.army.mil - contact me
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1652&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985 - 1987 Ski Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: doug e
Date Posted: November-01-2006 at 7:30am
Have you checked your cooler, sounds like it's overheating.

-------------
Cheap thrill fishing team

Date Posted: November-01-2006 at 8:22pm
Been running the new tranny for two seasons without a problem. Didn't have a problem with the old tranny popping the seal loose until it was rebuilt. I think something just didn't get put together right. I don't want to use it as a paper weight. Maybe somebody out there needs it for some reason.

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:30pm
Not a bad deal for someone looking for a late style trans, probably have a bad breather on top, its designed to pop at 10psi if not working it has a tendency to pop the rear seal and also he may not have glued the seal in. probably burnt the forward pack with the fluid loss, $350.00 plus another $50.00 or so, not bad at all.

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: November-02-2006 at 8:34pm
the 50.00 by the way, is for parts

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: November-03-2006 at 4:44pm
I might be interested.

Eric-

Still have the junker with the engine and trans at your shop?

Date Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:35pm
behindpropeller,

somebody emailed me asking about the tranny but I haven't heard back from them. I still have it. I am asking $200.00 plus shipping. I guess that is reasonable.

Bill

mailto:william.w.schneider@us.army.mil - contact me

Date Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:47am
bhp, sure do, I almost hooked it up and was going to take it to his house yesterday, he's a pretty good friend of mine and the reason it ended up in his boat is my brother and his son put it in there while i was on vacation and they in no way no anything about boats at the time (and still dont) but the boat is rotted to a point where the drive wiil blow through the transmom under power and i refuse to finish it. I initually bought the motor to make another test stand, but after getting it to my shop and finding a very simple problem, i decided to save it for a re-power.... and they did in which i didnt mind cause we got paid but the problem was the integrity of the hull

-------------

Date Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:50am
bhp, can send you what you need for around 50.00 bucks, I would jump all over this if it was spring. that 50.00 includes all the things you need to make it bulletproof

-------------

Date Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:51am
hold on bk i didnt see that he would even pay the shipping lol   you better snag it

-------------

Date Posted: November-04-2006 at 10:56pm
Asking $200.00 plus shipping. I will trade it for a trick ski. You ship the ski and I'll ship the tranny.

Date Posted: November-05-2006 at 10:15am
Bill, like i said give it a week and if nobody takes it, I'll take it, my shop number is 877-369-6693 I want somebody else who needs it to get first dibbs on it

-------------

Print Page | Close Window