Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43090
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 4:46am

Topic: Intake vents on 1991 SN
Posted By: Roachy
Subject: Intake vents on 1991 SN
Date Posted: July-06-2018 at 3:01pm
I have a 1991 ski nautique. The two vents just below the windshield where it meets the boat, take water inside everytime it rains or a hit a big wave. There is black tubing underneath the bow.. I am not certain of how the scematic for the tubing all works. currently it just allows the water to go all over down underneath and gets everything soaking wet. It would be much appreciated if I knew how those tubes are supposed to go. Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: gt40KS
Date Posted: July-07-2018 at 1:38am
The two vents connect with each other and vent downward on the starboard side. The large diameter black tubing you see is supposed to connect the upper deck outlet to the molded lower inlet directly below it, directing the air flow to the bilge area. A wire/ cable chase below the floor on the starboard side allows the air to get to the engine (fresh air intake). If the boat ingests any water through the vents, it should also find its way to the bilge where the bilge pump can take care of it. Obviously if the connecting tube is intact and sealed there should be no way for the ski hold/ storage area under the bow to get wet.

-------------
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40

Print Page | Close Window