Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42971
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 4:36pm

Topic: steering issue
Posted By: 2003mac
Subject: steering issue
Date Posted: June-16-2018 at 6:40pm
I recently refurbished a '85 Ski Nautique 2001. I did all of the interior and exterior work, and I had an independent boat engine guy fix and up grade the Ford motor. I launched this weekend, and everything looks great, and the engine is in good shape. The only issue is that the boat pulls to the left. It is not a hard pull, but my concern is that someone else driving the boat may let go of the steering wheel, and a dangerous situation may happen. Does anyone know what might cause this issue? And more importantly, how do I fix it? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: gt40KS
Date Posted: June-16-2018 at 7:02pm
Hi Thomas - I had the same question several months ago. Here is a link to the forum post that discusses a lot of options:

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41896" rel="nofollow - Steering/ rudder issues

-------------
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-16-2018 at 7:03pm
Thomas,
The pull to port is caused by the rotation of the prop and it's normal. Just tell whoever drives it to not let go of the helm!!

What's the "upgrade" of the engine?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: June-17-2018 at 12:24pm
I found a guy who was amazing. My "mission" was just to make sure that the engine was in good shape and would start. The fellow that I bought it from did a lot of the work over the years, but he was a car guy. So much of the maintenance was auto grade. We upgraded everything back to marine grade. Also, we replaced the starter, rebuilt the carburetor, gaskets and did preventive upgrades on the original '85 engine. Send me an off CCFan contact and I send you a short video of when he first cranked it up after the upfit.

Date Posted: June-17-2018 at 12:24pm
Thank you very much!!

Print Page | Close Window