Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42050
Printed Date: April-27-2024 at 7:34am

Topic: 1993 Nautique Dash on 1997 Nautique
Posted By: marcelou
Subject: 1993 Nautique Dash on 1997 Nautique
Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 8:17pm
Hi, I'm from Argentina and I own a 1997 Ski Nautique with a GT40 Engine. 4 years ago the whole dash was stolen and since then the boat has been unused. This year i was able to get a entire 1993 nautique dash. It has 3 connectors (2 black and 1 white) just like the original dash. I connect the connectors, when I press the ignition button, it turns on the red light and then I turn the key and the fuel pump works (i hear the noise) but the engine doesnt starts. I hear a click- click noise as if it were something related with the relays. My question is if it can be something related to the connectors. because the dash I installed is different from the original. I will thank any suggestions for solving the problem. (The boat actually have 300 hours and always worked well until i had the robbery)
Regards

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 9:16pm
Since you mentioned you do hear a click when you turn the key to start, I suggest starting with a basic Is your battery in good condition, a starting and not a deep cycle type and charged? How are the battery cables and their connections to the battery? Clean and tight?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: marcelou
Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the reply. The battery is new. I will check the battery cables and their connections.

Posted By: fgroce
Date Posted: October-17-2017 at 9:14am
Hi I had a similar problem, remove the ends from the battery cables and make sure the wires are clean.   Mine were corroded on the bottom. Good luck.

-------------
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique

Print Page | Close Window