Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42045
Printed Date: May-01-2024 at 7:43pm

Topic: Pylon U bolt part 2
Posted By: cragginshred
Subject: Pylon U bolt part 2
Date Posted: October-14-2017 at 10:21pm

As you can see the pylon U bolt is intact -and the top 4 bolts are intact as well

in the hull the picture of the sheared bolt is what I found in the hull rolling around -is there any other place on the motor that has those type of lock nut washers to be concerned about? It sheared from something but it could have been from the previous owner who replace the Pylon??.

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: October-14-2017 at 11:55pm
Strut to hull mount? or steering cable support tube to mount? just guessing now,I was sure it was the pylon

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-15-2017 at 8:08am
Don,
I'm going to take a guess that at one time the pylon was removed, and the stainless nut galled to the U bolt. Then the easiest way to solve the lock up is to keep cranking on the nut until the U bolt breaks. It's common to have stainless to stainless gall and lock up. I think that's why anti seize was invented!   

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Fl Inboards
Date Posted: October-16-2017 at 3:41pm
Clean Bilge!!
Would have to agree, previous repair or ???? left broken fastener in bilge or could not find it.
Would still pull engine box and floor and inspect the other critical drive and steer components who know what else one will find!

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Print Page | Close Window