Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41935
Printed Date: April-25-2024 at 4:33am

Topic: 63 Glastron Ski Boat?
Posted By: 75 Tique
Subject: 63 Glastron Ski Boat?
Date Posted: September-17-2017 at 3:04pm
I was paddling around the lake this morning and noticed for the first time, some underwater hardware and one exhaust port peaking out from under a cover of a boat on a trailer. I got out to take a closer look and it was a vintage red inboard. The owner came out so I asked him what was under the cover and he said a 1963 Glastron Ski Boat. Glastron?? I said I had never heard of a glastron inboard. He confirmed. He said he has never seen any documentation of them or any info about them on the internet. I think he said he bought it in 93 or 94. I think he said the model was a star flight. Any of you ever heard of such an animal? I am very curious. I did some googling and came up with nothing. I was hoping he would offer to show it to me, but he didnt and I didnt want to ask. I mentioned never having seen it on the lake and he said it hasnt been. Hoped to get it out this year but never happened. Says it needs some engine work. . Maybe next year. Said it has a Ford 292. Appears to be all red. Wish I could get a closer look.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: September-17-2017 at 3:38pm
Larry,
Here's the spec sheet: Looks like he's probably got the Saberflight with the 185HP (292 CI)

If you see him again, tell him to join us and we could help him with his engine problem.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: September-17-2017 at 4:22pm
Good info and good lead Pete. In fact, it has been discussed here before. I recall this thead now, but had forgotten about it.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21948" rel="nofollow - Glaston Inboard

Although I couldnt see much of the boat, I did see the sprayrail extension around the transom, so I guess that is pretty conclusive.

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: September-17-2017 at 4:49pm
Probably just needs a big hole cut in the top of the motorbox so an Edelbrock can be put on. That and one of those "Electronic ignitions" put in too.   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-17-2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Probably just needs a big hole cut in the top of the motorbox so an Edelbrock can be put on.

Sure is possible. I see in the listing that a 215 HP was available which would be the 312 with those damn problematic YH side draft carbs!!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: funtones55
Date Posted: September-26-2017 at 6:08pm
Nice boat!

Date Posted: May-27-2018 at 10:37pm
It saddens me deeply to report that I have to relinquish my position as owner of the coolest old boat on our little lake. The guy/boat discussed above put his boat in yesterday. What a beauty. Don't see too many of these around.

-------------

Date Posted: May-28-2018 at 6:36am
Larry,
Don't worry, you still have one of the coolest especially because of that OMC. That 63 http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21948&title=glastron-inboard" rel="nofollow - 63 Saberflite you linked as well back in 2011.. I wonder what ever happened with it?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-03-2018 at 12:11am
wow....imagine how cool you were if you had one of these on your lake back in '63...

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Print Page | Close Window