Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41761
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 6:45am

Topic: Prop questions
Posted By: mfinch
Subject: Prop questions
Date Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:51pm
I have a 1975 Ski Nautique with an OJ Legend 13x13 cup prop. The prop is pretty banged up. I could get it repaired easily but the scam artist that fixes props here wants $300 to bang a couple of dings flat. I was considering buying a new prop so he "generously" offered to sell me one for $800. I know I can get this prop for $360 new. I guess the question I'm getting around to asking is what is a an all around good prop for these boats? I'm going to be waterskiing and wake boarding behind it.

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: August-16-2017 at 2:04pm
Acme 540, ~$345 from our site sponsor Delta

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: August-17-2017 at 1:40am
Don't ever go back to that shop

Posted By: Mountain_Man
Date Posted: August-17-2017 at 12:53pm
Until I damaged mine, I was running the Acme 542 for wakeboarding, and surfing. Seemed to be working really well, and in US Dollars seemed really reasonably priced. And yes agreed, do not ever go back to that prop shop!!

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique

Posted By: mfinch
Date Posted: August-17-2017 at 7:05pm
Checked at a couple of other shops in town. Apparently that is the going rate in Canada for props and what not. I am sick and tired of getting hosed. Also just found out they want $900 for a prop shaft.

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: August-18-2017 at 11:00am
Lol, source it all state side and pay the duties/importing. FedEx shipping rates are reasonable.

Print Page | Close Window