Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39742
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 6:47am

Topic: 1982 Nautique Leak
Posted By: Terry
Subject: 1982 Nautique Leak
Date Posted: August-22-2016 at 11:54am
My 1982 Nautique is in great condition and the engine is running so good. My issue is with a water leak when the boat is runnig. I've checked all hose and found no leaks. Could it be water getting in throughout the drive shaft when boat is running?

Replies:
Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:17pm
Yes

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:25pm
Your drive shaft packing should leak a few drops per second. You may need to tighten the packing or even replace the packing. You can buy it at www.skidim.com . This is Discount Inboard Marine in South Carolina. Just be careful not to get it too tight and then you will burn up the packing. Your rubber has the same setup so water could be coming in from the rudder packing. However, you do tighten it down, unlike the drive shaft packaging. Keeping in mind you need to be able to freely turn the rudder.

I hope this helps.

Donald

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Posted By: AAM196
Date Posted: August-22-2016 at 12:27pm
Does the 82 have an inspection plate above the drive shaft packing? If not pull the floor board up and engine cover off leave them on dock and run it with a buddy..

Might also be the raw water intake/pump leaking. Tighten ALL the hose clamps (including ones on packing) and go from there,

Print Page | Close Window