Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39597
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 7:59pm

Topic: Thinking on selling 1972 national pro mo
Posted By: barefootdan
Subject: Thinking on selling 1972 national pro mo
Date Posted: August-06-2016 at 3:23am
I had picked up a 1972 orange national tow ski nautique I was hoping that I would be the one to "save" it but it seems that I have way to many projects and to many boats (1979 barefoot nautique, 1990 SN, and the 72) . The 1972 pro mo looks like the rudder bolt to the steering cable broke and the boat was put away and left to die. All the spark plug wires are still connected along as the battery cables to the battery. I paid 1000 for the boat and just want what I have into it back, I thought I would let CCF know first. I am located in manteca CA. My computer is down and can't post pics with my Iphone

Replies:
Posted By: Frankenotter
Date Posted: August-06-2016 at 6:14pm
Interested.

Been looking for one for a long time.

Any pics?

Anyone driving to the Midwest from CA? Lol

Never mind on the pics. I just pm'ed you.

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: August-06-2016 at 11:33pm
Guys, I live 60 miles from Manteca if any of you mid-west folks are serious about this, contact me.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: August-07-2016 at 12:02am
Brian, I pm'ed him.

im serious. I lost your number along the way.

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: ultrahots
Date Posted: August-07-2016 at 2:18am
Sent a message yesterday with no response yet.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6960&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1980 Show Nautique

Date Posted: August-07-2016 at 3:24am
I don't have any pics right at the moment sorry for not getting back to you guys, condition of boat . Somewhere down the line the lower portion of the boat was painted black just below water line. Boat needs new stringers,    As far as the jelcoat I believe it could be wet sanded on the top and the sides buffed out depending on what you chose to do with the bottom being black. Interior we'll there is none I just have the aluminum frames for the observer and driver. All 3 speedos are there one with broken lense.. The motor is the Chrysler 340 the condition is unknown as well as trans. It's on a trailer that I put a new axle on but have not tried to regester it took me 2 years to finally get this boat regestered it was a serious PIA
I need to really make it clear that I am just Thinking about selling this one the more info I'm letting out it's getting harder for me. I need to sell one it's this one or the 1991 Sn

Date Posted: August-07-2016 at 3:34am
Dan, these have been escaping me for a few years. Even if you decide to keep it, please put me on the list down the line.

Otherwise, let me know.

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: ultrahots
Date Posted: August-07-2016 at 1:51pm
Same here. I sounds like Wisconsin is a good home for it. Then even if I cannot own it I can go steal it for a weekend from time to time

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6960&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1980 Show Nautique

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 1:59am
The long road to restoration begins. Not mine. I'm just a middle man. Towed it to my house today. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 9:20am
That looks real decent.

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 10:47am
Thanks for posting those Brian.

The boat itself is in need of a FULL restoration. Stringers, bottom paint, interior, and most likely a rebuild on the Chrysler 340.

I'll get some photos up as soon as I get home on Sunday. A big thanks to Dan for giving me the sale!

If anyone knows a way to cheaply ship this thing from CA to WI please let me know!

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 10:54am
Cost to get a 72 promo from Arizona to Iowa recently was under 600 bucks on a very well run uship bid.... congrats on the purchase those things are awesome. That makes at least 5 around ... someday we will get a half dozen to a reunion!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 11:37am
That's super cool. Promos are where it's at. Team orange !

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 12:01pm
Love seeing Fans helping out Fans. Brain you rock!!

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 1:09pm
It's pretty rough, but mostly complete. Some items are there, but broken (I could say the same for my Super Air). They are cool boats, and if you have the drive, it's definitely worth putting back together. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: illiniball2000
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 3:35pm
Love the orange

-------------
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 3:52pm
Congrats Chris!

I suggest UShip as well. We used a guy out of St. Louis who was great to work with and cheap! If you end up driving and need a place to crash on I-80 around the DSM area don't hesitate to ask!

-------------

Posted By: skutsch
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 5:21pm
Oh crap it is actually happening! Guess I best go out and invest in lots of gloves and a good respirator mask... Looking forward to diving in on this thing!

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 5:45pm
Hey I changed my mind I want it back!!! JK it's sad to see it gone but I know I did the right thing I'm sure it's in the right hands and can't wait to see the progress on these rare boats.

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Oh crap it is actually happening! Guess I best go out and invest in lots of gloves and a good respirator mask... Looking forward to diving in on this thing!

That's good to hear Steve since you'll be doing most of the work on it. 👍🏻

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 6:00pm
Using a Promo as intended: Skier: Me, Driver: ReidP. Observers: Skutsch and SKarras

-------------

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 6:25pm
Larry layin it down!

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 6:30pm
lay it down larry

video is straight out of the 70s with his period correct gear

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 7:12pm
Ha, nice run. Should he have been using one of those ropes with 2 small handles?

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 7:14pm
for best performance, yes, but that's probably the only branch he found and didn't want to wait for more to grow or the saw to be invented

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 7:46pm
Quit beng wimps. Grab a couple guys and road trip. We will get you some ski pulls while you are here.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 7:47pm
P.S. I have reasons to be in Tahoe. I could probably tow it up there which would save 200 miles on the trip, and pulling boat up the Sierra Nevada's.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 7:59pm
I have about 90 options in the tumbler right now. Some of them very promising. Brian do you have a loading dock nearby?

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 8:24pm
I don't know. Maybe. Probably. Tell me the requirements. Nothing in my town, but I'm sure within 20 or 30 miles.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: September-14-2016 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

video is straight out of the 70s with his period correct gear

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ha, nice run. Should he have been using one of those ropes with 2 small handles?

Couldn't find my two handle "slalom" rope.

-------------

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 12:31am
Congrats Chris on the project boat. Guess you're a 2 boat man now. Let's plan some teamwork on stringers. It's way easier with lots of friends and lots of beer. Let's get together when it arrives!

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 12:38am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Congrats Chris on the project boat. Guess you're a 2 boat man now. Let's plan some teamwork on stringers. It's way easier with lots of friends and lots of beer. Let's get together when it arrives!

I'm actually hoping for that! Do you think we could stringer a boat in 3 days with enough beer?!

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 7:28am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Quit beng wimps. Grab a couple guys and road trip. We will get you some ski pulls while you are here.

BKH

Sounds like fun.

-------------
Js

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:05am
TRBenj needs a Tundra. Find a rust free truck in Cali store it at BKHs house and pull the promo home.

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:07am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

TRBenj needs a Tundra. Find a rust free truck in Cali store it at BKHs house and pull the promo home.

Yeah, I have the same need for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am scouring the Manheim sites in CA...

-------------
Our http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4669" rel="nofollow - 98 Sport Nautique
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:13am

Yeah, I have the same need for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am scouring the Manheim sites in Cali...

Those things are everywhere, you go to cali for first gen broncos, and fj40s

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:25am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Yeah, I have the same need for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am scouring the Manheim sites in Cali...

All the CJ5s and CJ7s in Indiana are either fiberglass tub restos or completely rusted to bits. Eventually I will probably travel west for a survivor.

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:52am
Picked up a tidy TJ recently for a project. Plan to replace old tech 4l 6cyl with a latest tech Aussie Ford Barra 4l engine

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 10:57am

TRBenj needs a Tundra. Find a rust free truck in CA store it at BKHs house and pull the promo home.

Yeah, I have the same need for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am scouring the Manheim sites in CA...

All the CJ5s and CJ7s in Indiana are either fiberglass tub restos or completely rusted to bits. Eventually I will probably travel west for a survivor.

They are everywhere, but since it will be the kids daily driver (into & out of the hood) it needs to be reliable. Anything less then 100k rounds is stupid expensive. And since I am a cheap a$$, its taking some time. The other thing half of the crap out there have been in accidents, apparently a lot of people treat them like bumper cars...

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 11:37am
They have been in accidents because the sight lines are terrible, if there is a car next to you it is very hard to see it, they could use some collision avoidance features.   Luckily the plastic fenders take a lickin... the unlimiteds are stupid expensive, I can't see that changing soon the new ones are soo expensive and there is not yet a saturated used market... good luck in the search.

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 12:30pm
Yep, wranglers are and will always be stupid money. The unlimiteds look pretty excellent with small lift and larger tires.

Nice find Lewy. Thing looks clean and it can go under water!

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 1:11pm

Uhhh. They are all rust free here, and it's called California. We don't call your mother a moth, or your country a ----.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 1:17pm
   "Lighten up Frances!"

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

"Lighten up Frances!"

As you like.

With so many Californians having moved to Atlanta, I'm sure you can think of many stupid things these transplanted Californians say that annoy natives of Georgia.

So, do what you like, but keep in mind, without regard to hip-hop songs, or foolish tourists who buy T-Shirts, to a native Californian, when you call the State "Cali," or when you call San Francisco "Frisco," you sound like an idiot.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 1:56pm
BTW - I see 1300 Tundras, and 1000 Wranglers, just on San Francisco Bay Area Craigslist.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 3:13pm
Haven't met too many Cali's around town other than my next door neighbor. Then it's just "Dude" or "Man". He's a bit out there but he's an okay guy. "The Dude" drives a rig with a partner the Atl- LA route and back so I give him a little credit for that.

Being around guys from across the country here at work and the many dialects from CCFans whom I consider family. We give each other grief and bust each others chops all the time but we're all good. Life is too short to get upset over stuff like that. How you get Mooorefut, MonFort, Morfet out of Morfoot is beyond me but happens all the time. Arrighi.......now that's a name that gets butchered....

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion..........Dude, that's cool of you to pick this boat up for another member of the site but......that's just how we operate round here. Friends helping friends across the globe. That's what it's all about.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Being around guys from across the country here at work and the many dialects from CCFans whom I consider family. We give each other grief and bust each others chops all the time but we're all good. Life is too short to get upset over stuff like that. How you get Mooorefut, MonFort, Morfet out of Morfoot is beyond me but happens all the time. Arrighi.......now that's a name that gets butchered....

just call me Alan Alright

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 3:36pm
Allen Albrite it is

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 3:46pm

TRBenj needs a Tundra. Find a rust free truck in CA store it at BKHs house and pull the promo home.

Uhhh. They are all rust free here, and it's called California. We don't call you mother a moth, or your country a ----.

BKH

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I have changed where I can. Guess it does sound a little funny, should have went with the official abbreviation.

Must be a "Fly-over state" thing. Personally, I am good with "Sconny" "Cheddar-Head" "Cheese-Head" what ever you prefer... Of course that is coming from a Native Iowan, but technically, I have now lived in WI longer then IA.

"We are all going up to Sconny"
"That guy is such a "Sconny"
"Those Sconny's, they drink a lot a beer"

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 4:05pm
No Tacos (Tacomas) in the Schwarzenegger state.

Looks like Chris will be needing his boat stands sooner rather than later!

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 7:04pm
Of course we're going to help Chris get his boat.

And, yes, plenty of local quirks. I work with some people in Pennsylvania. I say
Philadelphia. They want me to say Philly. Go figure.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-15-2016 at 7:10pm

No Tacos (Tacomas) in the Schwarzenegger state.

Looks like Chris will be needing his boat stands sooner rather than later!

Tacomas - Only 2400 on the San Francisco Craigs list. Although you would probably find a little bit better deal on one down in Los Angeles.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:33am
Ha, There are so many more vehicles out there!

I search CL out west and it seems everything brings less money out there away from the rust belt. More nice pieces=less market value.

Bring those nice pieces to Indiana/Michigan/Illinois etc. and they ask an arm and a leg for nice original non rusty stuff of any brand.

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 3:43pm

So what's a reasonable price for a Wrangler Unlimited? I have no idea. We have tons of them out here. Many have never been off road. What year?

I guess more accurate question is what are you willing to pay?

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 4:02pm
Well, I am fortunate enough to be able to buy off the wholesale market (a relative owns a Ford dealership). I am narrowing in on something with 60k to 90k miles, seems like the nicest deals that are closest to what I want to spend are Sahara packages with 80k to 85k miles bringing $17.5k to $18.5k. These are no accident buggies with a condition report in the 4.0 or above on 5.0 scale. These typically would then retail in the $20k to $23k range (after you pay auction fees, transportation and safety inspection - fixing any safety issues; brakes, lights, etc) doesn't leave a whole lot for margin. Which is the big problem with all car sales these days.

Doesn't help that gas prices are low, that is driving all SUV sales higher. Prices seem to be running high in the midwest and western states. The only place for really good deals on SUV seems to be coming out of NJ and lower NY. GA and FL and eastern Midwest are running slightly higher then average. As Zach and Joe said, relatively low volume keeps the average Wrangler Unlimited price sky high. It is really just plain silly, but I have always wanted one... You want something less then 3 years old with factory warranty still remaining (less then 30k miles) your looking at wholesale in the $38k or up range.

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Picked up a tidy TJ recently for a project. Plan to replace old tech 4l 6cyl with a latest tech Aussie Ford Barra 4l engine

Lewy just got to a computer with enough resolution to realize you are going to drop a Ford power plant in that Jeep - that's pretty cool. Love to follow that progress, if you don't mind start a thread in the "Off Topic" section!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 4:23pm

. The only place for really good deals on SUV seems to be coming out of NJ and lower NY. .

How long ago was Hurricane Sandy now...

-------------
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 4:28pm

. The only place for really good deals on SUV seems to be coming out of NJ and lower NY. .

https://www.carfax.com/press/resources/flooded-cars" rel="nofollow - Excellent point!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 5:25pm
Forgot about good old Sandy, luckily that is one of the Manheim inspection items and it is double checked by CarFax (if it was ever repaired or insurance claim). Nonetheless, something to remember and be even more watchful. Good Tip Joe!!!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 6:51pm

We should have like buttons on this site.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:09pm
I like so agree with BK.   It's "California"
and what ticks me is the shortened version of "distributor".   I'm not even going to type it.
"__zz_"

-------------
Keep it....from sinkin'

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:17pm
towing that promo to the Midwest with a Wrangler doesn't sound like much of a fun trip to me....   Driving a vehicle that tracks like a drunk squirrel with the aerodynamics of an outhouse, and all that fun with 3K pounds of boat and trailer pushing you around....   yikes.    I think I'd stick to the having someone with a truck pull it for you.    

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

and what ticks me is the shortened version of "distributor".   I'm not even going to type it.
"__zz_"

And I thought I was the only one who hated that "__zz_" word,

Now I know there are at least 2 of us.

Posted By: planejob
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

"__zz_"

And I thought I was the only one who hated that "__zz_" word,

Now I know there are at least 2 of us.

So.... "gas" or fuel? which do you buy for your boat?    I did see some 9.9hp Lehr outboards that ran on gas.

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

towing that promo to the Midwest with a Wrangler doesn't sound like much of a fun trip to me....   Driving a vehicle that tracks like a drunk squirrel with the aerodynamics of an outhouse, and all that fun with 3K pounds of boat and trailer pushing you around....   yikes.    I think I'd stick to the having someone with a truck pull it for you.    

You may be right. I don't know. But the boat and trailer are pretty light. As they say, did not notice it behind my truck.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:44pm
Jeepers, you guys are particular. I'll take Cali to what some say around here:
Cali forn E Ah.

Date Posted: September-16-2016 at 11:46pm
Ummm, the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is actually the largest vehicle Jeep makes with a 4" longer wheel base then a Grand Cherokee, and at 4400 lbs is also the heaviest Jeep. This is only 100lbs lighter then some of the Toyota Tacoma's and the Jeeps 116" wheel base is just 10" shorter.

I agree it has the wind profile of a bread truck, but it probably drives a lot better then my current Jeep Liberty, which is only 106" wheelbase, I use that to pull my 98 sport which is a lot bigger/heavier then a 72 promo... Gotta remember the unlimited is the 4 door wrangler, its a big vehicle...

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: September-17-2016 at 12:21am
this thread got way thread jacked a while ago so I don't feel bad about making it worse....BKH; way back in time didn't you have a 2001 in that garage that you were re-doing? Whatever happened to that?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: September-17-2016 at 12:49am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

this thread got way thread jacked a while ago so I don't feel bad about making it worse....BKH; way back in time didn't you have a 2001 in that garage that you were re-doing? Whatever happened to that?

john

Beside the house John. Who knows if or when it will ever be finished.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: September-17-2016 at 1:59am

john

BKH

Brian, your in good company... lol

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 1:45am

john

BKH

jeez...that was a couple years ago...as I remember it. Maybe a nice retirement project.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:33am
This thread is serving big deal boziel's transport better than the one he made.

Can we get a ruling on "carby"?

skutsch, I thought you were thinking of this until you mentioned long and heavy. Still a "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" is it not?

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 8:41am

You have to make the first ruling yourself then people will jump in with their's.

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 11:34am

skutsch, I thought you were thinking of this until you mentioned long and heavy. Still a "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" is it not?

Pretty tough to argue a picture and with Wikipedia... I think there was some confusion at Jeep on what they were naming what... From about 2007 on, the 4 door Jeep Wranglers with 4 doors all got the "Wrangler Unlimited" tag, and I believe the 2 door versions were labeled "Wrangler X". However, I have seen some "Wrangler Unlimited X" with 4 doors. And then of course, Jeep has gone nuts with all the different packages, Generally, "Sport," "Sahara," and "Rubicon" are the standard, but I have seen "Black Ops," "Islander," "Willys,""Monster," cripes they even have some named for video games (can't remember which one...)

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version and since, I will be the one living closest to this new found promo and probably end up doing most of the work for Boziel, I figure I can threadjack his thread all day long HA!

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:04pm
The Aussies say carby a lot. (Is Aussie ok?? )

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:10pm
Almost 10 years John. I bought that boat when my daughter was 3 months old. She will turn 10 in November.

Haven't done any serious work on the project in 4 or 5 years.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:13pm

Pretty tough to argue a picture and with Wikipedia... I think there was some confusion at Jeep on what they were naming what... From about 2007 on, the 4 door Jeep Wranglers with 4 doors all got the "Wrangler Unlimited" tag, and I believe the 2 door versions were labeled "Wrangler X". However, I have seen some "Wrangler Unlimited X" with 4 doors. And then of course, Jeep has gone nuts with all the different packages, Generally, "Sport," "Sahara," and "Rubicon" are the standard, but I have seen "Black Ops," "Islander," "Willys,""Monster," cripes they even have some named for video games (can't remember which one...)

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version and since, I will be the one living closest to this new found promo and probably end up doing most of the work for Boziel, I figure I can threadjack his thread all day long HA!

You want a hard top, correct?

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:19pm

[QUOTE=Hollywood] This thread is serving big deal boziel's transport better than the one he made.

You want a hard top, correct?

BKH

Yep, only way to survive the WI winters

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 2:42pm

The Aussies say carby a lot. (Is Aussie ok?? )

That's at least as bad as dizzy but if you're a real genuine Aussie then it's OK to say dizzy and carby

That's how I see it, then again I'm just not normal anyways

Date Posted: September-18-2016 at 5:59pm
Well the U-ship progress has slowed. I was making some nice progress when bids were starting at $2800. Within a few days, they came down to $850 and then som dudes started getting into a semantic debate over west coast fuel prices. Then they wanted me to show my cards and "name my bottom line". I didn't think that was a good idea because it defeats the purpose for bidding in the first place. Since then, bidding has stalled and I only get the occasional $2000k+ offer.

I'm thinking about restarting with a clean slate. If that doesn't work, it might be time for a road trip.

Unless Steve finds a Jeep

-------------
1999 Ski Nautique 196

Posted By: OldSchoolBlue84
Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 12:18am
Hey buddy, was talking to one of my friends who does transportation for a living and recommended http://www.centraldispatch.com. I asked him to do it but he only does local state deliveries. Hope it works out for you.

-------------
Kostas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6700&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 1:18am

Almost 10 years John. I bought that boat when my daughter was 3 months old. She will turn 10 in November.

Haven't done any serious work on the project in 4 or 5 years.

BKH

When I see the pictures you post of her...I wonder where has the time gone? Patti & I have been in Florida since 2004 and the time has just flown by....

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 10:33am
Chris - we had a similar experience with uShip. As Tim said before the biggest key is to be patient....I believe we allowed a 4-5 week window for delivery. We started at $1,800-$2,000 and ended up just over $500 Scottsdale to Des Moines. IMHO - $850 isn't too bad considering it's coming from southern CA. Keep waiting and you might get below $850.

Several haulers ask for our bottom dollar and other random questions. I chose to ignore all those questions and let them bid with the information I gave in the description. Seemed to work well as most quality outfits don't need the basic information and are too busy working to chat on the inter webs.

Good luck! Hopefully it works out!

-------------

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Chris - we had a similar experience with uShip. As Tim said before the biggest key is to be patient....I believe we allowed a 4-5 week window for delivery. We started at $1,800-$2,000 and ended up just over $500 Scottsdale to Des Moines. IMHO - $850 isn't too bad considering it's coming from southern CA. Keep waiting and you might get below $850.

Several haulers ask for our bottom dollar and other random questions. I chose to ignore all those questions and let them bid with the information I gave in the description. Seemed to work well as most quality outfits don't need the basic information and are too busy working to chat on the inter webs.

Good luck! Hopefully it works out!

The boat is actually in Northern California Chris. 100-150 miles further to Milwaukee than from Southern California.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 11:35am
My bad. For some reason I always think you're closer to San Diego.

-------------

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 2:14pm

So yes, I am looking for a 4 door version

Makes a lot more sense, I was thinking you were talking about the 2 door version also.   in my few experiences with the 2 door version (lifted, big tires, etc.)   They were fantastic for trails, but they were a pain to keep pointed in the right direction on the highway.   Since BKH is in Northern California, Something in Oregon might make sense as well.   They don't have sales tax, so it might save you some pennies at a dealer if that is the route you are planning to take.   Not likely going to save anything with a private party since you won't be doing the title transfer in California.

I'm excited to see progress on this machine, super cool that you have been able to make it work so far.   

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Something in Oregon might make sense as well.   They don't have sales tax, so it might save you some pennies at a dealer   

Yes, but they will nail you for sales tax when it's registered in Wisconsin.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 8:29pm
I think you missed my point Pete,    I realize that sales tax is a burden that must be bourn when he registers in Wisconsin...   If a dealer is involved, I was thinking that they likely can't register the new Jeep in Wisconsin for him, but might have a sales tax fee for California, or a dealer paperwork fee, or however they choose to stick it to you.     Oregon is maybe different since there isn't a state sales tax involved.     My point in the end is that Northern California isn't the only place to get a clean rust free Jeep.   If the price is better in Oregon, its not far to drive to CA.

Date Posted: September-19-2016 at 8:40pm
You guys are all on the right track, again I reiterate, I'm king cheap a$$! My wifes cousin who owns a Ford dealership will purchase it wholesale, I will be the "delivery agent" who will deliver it back to his dealership. At that point, I will trade my current Jeep liberty, thereby minimizing my tax burden. This of course is all predicated on me finding something that half the dealers in north America haven't decided they also want...

-------------
My Dad's 63 Ski N

Date Posted: September-23-2016 at 1:22pm
Will not help Chris with his transport, but their are tons of those Jeep Unlimiteds in the Austin, TX area.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Print Page | Close Window