Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39460
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 8:39pm

Topic: timmy "T" for engine flushing?
Posted By: 1xsculler
Subject: timmy "T" for engine flushing?
Date Posted: July-25-2016 at 1:03am
I saw on here somewhere about a DIY engine flushing kit made by installing a grey plastic "T" and a valved hose fitting in the waterline between the raw water strainer and the transmission oil cooler. It seems to me you'd have to install a one-way valve in there somewhere to prevent the flushing fresh water from flowing back out of the boat through the raw water strainer. If I am correct what type of valve do you use and, exactly, where does it go?

Replies:
Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: July-25-2016 at 1:20am
No valve. The suction from your rwp will pull the hose water. The only application I've heard it not working on is a v-drive Python engine.

Posted By: s_kelley2000
Date Posted: July-27-2016 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No valve. The suction from your rwp will pull the hose water. The only application I've heard it not working on is a v-drive Python engine.

Really, any reason you know of? Is there a thread anywhere about this? I had been planning to add one to my Python SS but haven't gotten around to it yet.

-------------
1999 Python Super Sport

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-27-2016 at 4:11pm
Location of tee installation. Water doesn't flow uphill easily... Makes it tough to prime the rwp. Mount it high and it'll be fine.

Posted By: s_kelley2000
Date Posted: July-27-2016 at 4:59pm
Thanks Tim, that makes sense. I am sure I can find a proper place to mount it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something to do with the water pump itself as it is quite a bit different setup than the Fords.

-------------
1999 Python Super Sport

Posted By: 1xsculler
Date Posted: August-06-2016 at 9:11pm
My '94 and '95 Nautiques, Ski and Sport, won't suck the water and it just flows out of the inlet on the bottom of the boat, engine running or not. I'm going to have to install a valve to give the water only one way to go unless you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Print Page | Close Window