Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39380
Printed Date: May-01-2024 at 2:05am

Topic: Southwind 20 New Life
Posted By: fanofccfan
Subject: Southwind 20 New Life
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 4:32pm
After using this boat for the donor motor and trans for my Maurauder and no one willing to take it off my hands we have started to repurpose the old girl. Bar tops on the gunnels are planned but yet to be built.

Replies:
Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 5:05pm
Good place for a Southwind.... in the ground! lol

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 8:59pm
I like it Bill....very cool!.....HW on behalf of our SW brothers....That hurts man...really hurts!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 9:23pm
No need to speak on their behalf TimBob... HW owns more southwinds than anyone else I can think of- he's qualified to comment on those, um, beautiful boats.

Posted By: GlassSeeker
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 11:43pm
Looking at the Southwind it looks like a deeper version of the barefoot nautique hull...do they make a similar wake to the bfn?

-------------
This is the life

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-19-2016 at 11:48pm
Bill,
Very nice! I love it!! Make sure you keep the pictures coming as you progress.

In the second picture, what's the platform with the railing that looks like it's on rails?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-20-2016 at 12:36am
Pete- that is the Osha unapproved scaffold that goes on the forks of the skid steer loader we used to assemble the pole structure. I will keep the pictures coming.

Date Posted: July-20-2016 at 12:39am
Glass- I have no idea what the wake is like. It never was even close to water worthy. It is a bigger hull. 20' long and a deeeeeep V.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-20-2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Looking at the Southwind it looks like a deeper version of the barefoot nautique hull...do they make a similar wake to the bfn?

The bfn was born of the Southwind... They cut the hull down and slapped a SN-style deck and (usually) a big block in it. I haven't skied one but I'm confident the wakes are very similar if not indistinguishable.

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:02pm
Pretty cool Bill.    Did you cut it off at the waterline or just plant as-is ?      Luv the pavillion.

Date Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:59pm
Thanks Dr. We planted it as is. Two large holes in the bottom to drain water and maybe dry out the wet foam!

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: July-22-2016 at 9:15pm
That's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Date Posted: August-08-2016 at 10:35am
a few more pictures of the progress

Print Page | Close Window