Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38716
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 4:57am

Topic: Average value of 95 ski nautique open bow
Posted By: Lucidpaintdaniel
Subject: Average value of 95 ski nautique open bow
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 1:42am
I'm new here and have searched around trying to value a boat I'm wanting to sell. It's a 1995 ski nautique open bow, and I can't find another open bow for sale anywhere. I've had several people tell me that it is worth a lot. Does anyone know what they're worth in excellent condition, 300+/- hours?

Replies:
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 2:40am
A little more info would help out with an evaluation:

Pictures
Condition of boat and trailer
Condition of upholstery
Engine model
Extras (tower, heater, shower, etc.)

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 3:16am
I just repainted the trailer, fenders replaced, new tires. Interior was redone last season because of cracks, carpet has not been redone and does have an area near that back that is very worn. I'm a fiberglass and gel coat tech, so the exterior is perfect, new rub rails, teak restored. It has around 330 hours. I'm not sure on the motor, it's at a mechanics right now being checked out. I will find that out tomorrow, and I'm still trying to figure out how to post a pic. Someone traded me 2 of these boats for some paint work.

Posted By: JPASS
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 8:33am
There are several '97s for sale in my area ranging from $9800 up to $16K.

-------------
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Posted By: LeftFieldEngineering
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 8:34am
I'd say 500 bucks, and I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Posted By: Blamey
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 9:24am
If everything works and the condition is as good as it sounds, id say you can get 10k to 15k for the boat. If you don't have a GT40 engine that will make it a little less valuable.

I don't think Ski Nautique Open Bows get a premium over closed bow Ski Nautiques. So just look at listing for Ski Nautiques in your area.

-------------
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 10:08am
Pics are going to help us. Replacement interior quality can vary significantly.

The range for a 95 snob would be ~$7-12k.

Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 10:59am
Thank you all! This gives me a much better idea where to start. I wasn't sure if open bows sell for more or less than closed bows

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 11:29am
Where are you located. Location has some input on value.
In my mind if I was looking at it to buy that if it only has 300 hours and needed an interior and carpet that you can assume the boat was abused and wasn't cared for.

Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 2:00pm
I'm in dallas/fort worth. When I got them, he said they hadn't been on the water for more than 5 years. They were left in the back of his lot under the hot Texas sun.

Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 2:06pm
The motor is ford 351 windsor.

Posted By: tryathlete
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 2:18pm
Is it fuel injected (GT-40)?

Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 2:42pm
No, it's not fuel injected.

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: May-26-2016 at 5:19pm
With out the GT-40 you I would say your looking at the lower end of the range that Tim posted.
That's not to say someone that really wants it won't pay 10 or 11 if it's real clean, quality interior job and the motor checks out.

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: May-27-2016 at 8:44am
I have a 96 open bow (SNOB) with the standard motor and my buddy has one with the GT40. Both are great running motors and I really don't feel much difference in them for recreational use.

If it has the Protec ignition with EFI then that would be a BIG negative. Parts are NLA. I had that system and scrapped it for a carb and electronic ignition. It cost me more than I would care to remember. But it is fine now.

Print Page | Close Window