Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31447
Printed Date: May-12-2024 at 8:10am

Topic: Buying a new truck
Posted By: bhectus
Subject: Buying a new truck
Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 7:22pm
So in order for me to keep my vehicle allowance at work I need to keep my car/truck w/in 5 model years. They never really enforced this rule until this year. I love my '08 Tundra but looks like it is time to get something new.
My requirements: Crew Cab, 4x4, V8, mid-line trim level. Don't care if it's Chevy/GMC/Dodge/Ford. I'm ruling out the Toyotas now as they have just gotten too damn expensive. Dodge seems to be the best bang for the buck and I really like the new body style. I'm trying to stay right around the $30-33k mark.
   Since I'm in the wholesale plumbing business I get beat up every day by contractors wanting a better price. I was thinking about just sending my requirements in to various dealerships' Internet Dept and have myself a little auction. Kind of how the plumbing contractors send their bid list to every wholesaler in town looking for the cheapest quote to buy from. Has anyone done anything like this? I absolutely hate going to dealerships and having to barter with the henchmen. My dad always told me that if you don't walk out at least once you're not getting the best deal. I've pretty much stood true to that and always felt that I got a good deal, but I've got better things to do with my weekends than haggle with a car salesman, then the sales manager, then the GM. It always comes to that and there has to be a better way. I'd rather be out skiing! Now I just want it over and it hasn't even begun.

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Replies:
Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 7:45pm
Brett,

Your father is correct, but things have changed with the internet. Basically, their is enough info on the net concerning new car pricing that you can almost determine the cost, to the dealer, before walking on the lot. I realize that I am not answering your question, but I am just trying to give some in-site.

I would take a hard look at a two year old machine. Let someone else take the hit by driving it off of the lot. Get rid of it every three years instead of five. What would Dave Ramsey do?

Just one fart and that new car smell is gone.

JMO,

Donald

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

I was thinking about just sending my requirements in to various dealerships' Internet Dept and have myself a little auction. Kind of how the plumbing contractors send their bid list to every wholesaler in town looking for the cheapest quote to buy from. Has anyone done anything like this?

I highly recommend http://www.fightingchance.com/" rel="nofollow - Fighting Chance . I used it when I bought my 4Runner. The only 2 times I had to go to a dealership were when I test drove one, and when I signed the paperwork on a deal we had already negotiated. The package will walk you all the way through the whole process and give you all the info you need- lots of insight and useful tips on strategy, timing, etc. Also model specific info- sales figures, rebates- things that will give you an advantage. Good stuff.

I wouldnt rule out the Tundra just yet if you liked your '08 that much. Check Edmunds.com and see what the invoice price is on the model you want- plan on paying invoice +/- a few hundred bucks, less any applicable rebates. That will be the worst case scenario... using the method above may also get you a deal way better than that.

Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 8:00pm
Donald, I originally thought about that but I was talking with my buddy who also works for the same company and he brought up 2 very good points. 1.) I'd have to get rid of a 2 year old truck in only 3 years since I need to keep it within 5 model years. 2.) I will be financing a large portion of the vehicle and many automakers are offering 0.0% financing right now which negates a large portion of that money saved by buying used. It is impossible (so far that I've found) to find financing on a used vehicle at zero percent.

Tim, thanks for the link, I will check that out tonight!

I guess I also need to look into our "X-Plan" more as well. We have pretty big corporate buying power and I believe have X-Plans with most major auto manufacturers. Problem is so far the manufacturer and dealer incentives on 2013's since it is end of year for them may be better than our x-plan gives.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 8:21pm

Tim, thanks for the link, I will check that out tonight!

Brett, be aware that the website will give you some basic information about the the "new car buying package" they want to sell you. The information in that package is well worth their fee ($40). It saved me a LOT of hassle and I ended up paying more than $1k below invoice (not including rebates) for a truck that I special ordered... more than $7k less than MSRP.

Posted By: ArtCozier
Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 8:57pm
For what it's worth, I drove Dodge products for over 3/4 of a million miles. Then a friend in the GMC business talked me into it. I like their trucks. If you don't carry a tremendous amount of weight (mounted toolboxes?) you can do with a 1500 with a 5.3 V8. I thought it would be wimpy pulling boats, but not so. And without a boat I average 16+ MPG. And I probably have 500 pounds of tools in the boxes.
Art

-------------
"Art"

Date Posted: September-04-2013 at 9:35pm
Tim, GREAT website. I'm glad I took the time to read through everything. $40 seems like a small price to pay to save a lot more. Stace and I will go this Sunday and test drive a few different trucks so I can narrow down the make that I really want, then I'll fill out the package and send in and let the fun begin!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:56pm
Bret, You are probably going to want to look at the Express Trim level. That will hit your price range but miss out on some creature comforts like the in door storage yadda yadda yadda. You have to check off options at that level like the remote entry group, luxury interior group( it not vinyl seats). And convenience group (power windows and such). Express comes automatically with the Hemi, monochromatic paint scheme, and 20" painted silver wheels. I would recommend opting for the 3.92 axle ratio for towing and economy.

The base interior on the 13+ trucks is much more appealing to the eye than if my truck were an express.

My best friend has a beautiful mineral grey 13 express ram. He averages between 18.5 and 19.5 highway (4x4) and says his economy light is rarely if ever on. It has the 3.55 rear end. I believe the 3.92 makes the engine work quite a bit less hard thus returning better fuel economy by means of the engine being able to operate in cylinder deactivation mode. When I am on the highway unless I have a heavy head wind the eco light rarely goes off.

I had some stupid warranty issues when it was newer but that was mostly because most techs ad dealerships suck. Biggest annoyance of ownership has been the rattles in the front door panels. The new panels do not have the same joints at the ones in my truck so the rattles shouldn't be an issue.

Replaced one idler pulley and one rear sliding window switch. So 40 bucks worth of parts so far.

You will love the operation of the Ram. Drives and rides so nice. The VVT Hemi has loads of low end torque. I got on the highway and did about a 75 mile run last weekend with some small grades and it never shifted out of OD one time. That's why I used to hate towing gas was all the gear hunting but the new generation Hemi has made it a much better experience.

-------------

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:14pm
Zach, I really like the new Ram trucks. Plan right now is to test drive the Ram, F-150, and Silverado this Sunday. Pick which one I like best and then get set up with Fighting Chance as Tim suggested and let the bidding commence.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: Swatkinz
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I was thinking about just sending my requirements in to various dealerships' Internet Dept and have myself a little auction. Kind of how the plumbing contractors send their bid list to every wholesaler in town looking for the cheapest quote to buy from. Has anyone done anything like this?

I highly recommend http://www.fightingchance.com/" rel="nofollow - Fighting Chance . I used it when I bought my 4Runner. The only 2 times I had to go to a dealership were when I test drove one, and when I signed the paperwork on a deal we had already negotiated. The package will walk you all the way through the whole process and give you all the info you need- lots of insight and useful tips on strategy, timing, etc. Also model specific info- sales figures, rebates- things that will give you an advantage. Good stuff.

I wouldnt rule out the Tundra just yet if you liked your '08 that much. Check Edmunds.com and see what the invoice price is on the model you want- plan on paying invoice +/- a few hundred bucks, less any applicable rebates. That will be the worst case scenario... using the method above may also get you a deal way better than that.

Tim,
I'm curious. What was special order about yours. I was always told that it's very difficult to get a deal on a special order vehicle. I suppose that this website makes that possible.

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:36pm
Very nice. Look at you new truck new boat ;).

You thinking Eco Boost? I can't stomach a V6 gas truck. I was under the impression the ECO in Eco Boost meant economy but guys towing boats are seeing like 8-10 mpg. Eeek. I grabbed right at 14.0 pulling the 2001 home last weekend.

-------------

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Tim,
I'm curious. What was special order about yours. I was always told that it's very difficult to get a deal on a special order vehicle. I suppose that this website makes that possible.

It was special order because they knew TRBenj was the purchaser. He has special super powers.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 2:47pm

Tim,

Extra large Makeup mirrors, Tampon dispenser, Pink accents throughout and one of those fury steering wheel covers

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Tim,

Extra large Makeup mirrors, Tampon dispenser, Pink accents throughout and one of those fury steering wheel covers

^^^Exactly! After I saw CQ's ride, I had to have me one just like it!

Nothing really "special" about my truck- I just wanted it configured in a way that did not match how Toyota was grouping options in any US region. There is only a handful of ways they option vehicles, but none of them matched exactly what I wanted (SE trim, V8, sunroof, no spoiler). So, I special ordered (which was actually a "request" but thats another story) the truck. While dealerships love to sell you something that is already on their lot (since they are paying overhead/financing on everything in stock), if youre dead set on special ordering a vehicle, you still have a strong bargaining position. The dealership wont have to pay any financing or overhead on a vehicle that they turn around the day it comes in.

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 3:07pm

^^^Exactly! After I saw CQ's ride, I had to have me one just like it!

Close, Quinner's also has heavy duty springs... only on the passenger's side.

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 3:11pm
Get the EcoBoost! Zach is crazy and he's also heavily biased,....like me .   EcoBoost with 3:55 gears (it has so damn much torque that's all the gearing it needs) and you'll get 17-18 pulling that boat. Just ask Jbear's brother Bill. I drove Nautique John's Eco (3:73 gears) to CT (spent the night with Tim) and pulled back a 3800lb car in a 24' enclosed trailer and got over 10 mph (10.8). I know that's nothing to brag about, but I was hauling the mail too. With that truck/engine, it pulls so strong, you'll find yourself constantly looking in the mirror to make sure the boat's still there.    

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

and pulled back a 3800lb car in a 24' enclosed trailer and got over 10 mph (10.8). I know that's nothing to brag about, but I was hauling the mail too.    

Over 10 mph that was hauling!!!! half of the way with the left blinker on too

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 4:43pm
Geez......I meant to say 10.8 mp"g" at 100 MPH . Uphill. Both ways.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 5:02pm
Hahah Reid generally drives the motor home in the left lane with the right blinker on.

Heavily Bias! I guess most of what I hear about eco boost trucks are all of the guys pulling 230's and G series so I would imagine it would be much better with your smaller ski.

I am a pretty strong believer still if that you get a truck or car that consistently returns awesome economy numbers you need to hang onto it. Some are more blessed than others. Or whoever stuck it together that day was less hung over than the day before!

Everyone is impressed with the towing of the eco boost like Reid said but it still sounds like your sisters Accord.... .

But I think Brett is looking to buy the best looking truck on the market too

-------------

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 5:21pm
Bret
Before I deployed I sold my truck because it didn't make sense to keep paying on a truck that was going to be 2 years older (deprecation) when I got back.
Ford has a build your own truck on their site so about 4 months before I was scheduled to come home I built a truck all the options I wanted then sent out a copy via internet to all the dealers within 50 mile of my home.
I told them I was deployed and didn’t have time or resources to go back and forth on price and that I wanted it on the lot ready to be picked up the first week I got home. I told each dealer that I sent the info to several dealers and that they had “ONE” shot at the best price and that whoever had the best price was going to sell that truck.
I feel it worked great when I got all the different bids I ended up saving quite a chunk on the truck.

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Hahah Reid generally drives the motor home in the left lane with the right blinker on.

OOOP....... that would be me!

I've been %$#!% slapped several times for busting over the 65mph precedence that the owner set!    

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 6:08pm
HAhaha! Does he have a monitor on his cell phone that goes off if you breach 65 mph?

-------------

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 10:04pm
Zach, for some reason and I can't figure out how he does it, but he knows the sound of how many RPM's the engine is turning above 65 headin down the road. I mean it's not like there is a Holman Moody under the hood!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 10:16pm
Hey it's just that people have learned to pay attention when you drive

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-05-2013 at 10:26pm
What'da ya sayin' Gary?

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:20am
I'm really not quite the speed nazi that Tim makes me out to be, however when you're wheeling around a 9000+ lb V10 powered bread truck with any size boat behind it, you'll find your life-long driving style can indeed change to quieten a screaming wallet. Since we were so anxious to get to Tim's however, I actually lifted the self-imposed governor from 60 to 65, so going up we managed 9.0 mpg and 8.? on ride home. Ouch!!

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:33am
Oh, and I hate it when Zack is right but I concur that the Ram is the best looking truck out there, but most know I'm a Mopar fan also. And further good news i just read is that the larger 6.4 Hemi (410 hp) is now available along with the small diesel previously available only in the Jeeps I believe it said. But just for fun you do need to drive an EcoBoost (with ear muffs to hide the Accord exhaust of course) with any sized boat behind it to get a feel for the ridiculous low rpm diesel-like torque it puts out.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 10:36am
dodge is the best looking truck out there if you like the 1951 chevy passenger car grille stuck jammed into a four wheel drive cordoba .. so Reid what car did you haul home in the trailer? something good?

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 10:45am
Haha a 4WD Cordoba! Redneck follies???

Reid, I have known for a long time the 6.4 was on the horizon for the truck. I am interested in a diesel but being a hotrodder I just may call up the Chrysler dealer and order a regular cab 2wd 6.4 Half ton

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

.. .. so Reid what car did you haul home in the trailer? something good?

Why a classic 1979 Chrysler Cordoba of course, "with fine Corinthian leather". (most likely only the older guys remember that commercial)
Actually, and I honestly wasn't baiting someone to ask, but back in December I did finally get Laurie's approval to break down and spring for my long desired middle age crisis-mobile, a 5800 mile, 2011 Shelby GT 500 rag top. I wish it was a 1968 but I'll have to make it another 55 yrs for that. Anyway it's in perfect condition and until I got caught in a very brief shower it hadn't even been run in the rain yet and hasn't been since. It's a blast to drive and I'm loving it.

Zach, you really need that truck! And I'll definitely need a ride in it.       

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 12:25pm
In my area, the price of used trucks is so high, I can't understand why anyone would buy a 1-3 year old truck. I traded a 2010 Chevy last year with 38k on it and they had it on the lot for a couple thousand higher price than I paid new and it sold fast. The 2012 Silverado I bought is my favorite truck yet, except for the gas mileage. It doesn't get nearly what the sticker says and as far as I can tell the 4 cyl mode it goes into every time I take my foot of the gas does nothing for the gas mileage. I had a 2005 Silverado that got a lot better gas mileage.

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:07pm
Reid, Am I considered an old guy if I know it??

Look what they've done to my car!!

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:26pm
Hello, (again) Riley. I have a 2012 Sierra 4wd which is essentially the same truck. 5.3 engine with the Allison 6-speed; don't know what rear end comes with that. Do you have the 5.3 4wd? I just finished up burning a total of 1000 gallons (according to the meter in the truck) and had 15,1XX miles on the odo. That's an o/a average of 15.1 MPG, including the fuel I use idling to run the AC it the FL brutal heat.

I don't tow boats as much as I used to, but probably a fourth of the mileage is towing something. (at times heavier than a boat) I know that FL is flat, but it very often goes into 4 cyl mode, even towing a Ski Nautique. Mostly when descending overpasses or running in a tailwind. I'm o-l-d, so rarely run over 70 mph.    

It's no fireball towing, but I'm very pleased with it. I have a friend in Atlanta who had an 011 with a 6.2 and got horrible mileage. Now he has a '14 with the 5.3/Allison and is elated with the mileage.

Art

-------------
"Art"

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:30pm
Post Options
Quote ArtCozier
Edit Post
Delete Post   Thanks(0)    Quote Reply Posted: Today at 12:26pm

Got an error message when I tried to post, so thought I'd try again. Sorry if it comes up twice.
Hello, (again) Riley. I have a 2012 Sierra 4wd which is essentially the same truck. 5.3 engine with the Allison 6-speed; don't know what rear end comes with that. Do you have the 5.3 4wd? I just finished up burning a total of 1000 gallons (according to the meter in the truck) and had 15,1XX miles on the odo. That's an o/a average of 15.1 MPG, including the fuel I use idling to run the AC it the FL brutal heat.

I don't tow boats as much as I used to, but probably a fourth of the mileage is towing something. (at times heavier than a boat) I know that FL is flat, but it very often goes into 4 cyl mode, even towing a Ski Nautique. Mostly when descending overpasses or running in a tailwind. I'm o-l-d, so rarely run over 70 mph.    

It's no fireball towing, but I'm very pleased with it. I have a friend in Atlanta who had an 011 with a 6.2 and got horrible mileage. Now he has a '14 with the 5.3/Allison and is elated with the mileage.

Art

-------------
"Art"

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:42pm
Art, Mine is a 5.3, 6 spd auto 4WD extended cab. Most of my driving is on the turnpike or side roads, but not city. The highest the overall mileage has hit is 16.4. I take the mileage each time I get gas and it is around 17. I've never hit 18. I like the truck a lot, but I was hoping it would get at least 18 when I bought it. It drives and handles well and I think it's built well. I had an 05 with a 5.3 that averaged 18, then a 2010 crew cab with a 4.8 that never got better than 16. I always liked Fords the best until they changed their line up in 1997. I've bought Chevies since then.

Posted By: GottaSki
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:48pm
I couldn't complain with our xcab 4x 2000 sierra.
speced it with 4.8l and 3.73 gears.
its was a 19-20mpg truck, and had plenty of honk.

Maybe they changed the engine management over those years.

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 1:58pm

Reid, Am I considered an old guy if I know it??

Look what they've done to my car!!

No, you're considered a young guy who's been goofing off too much by digging up old commercials on YouTube. Now get back to work!

I'm not even familiar with the "Look what they've done to my car!!" line you mentioned.

But this one is the classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg97bxuJnc" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg97bxuJnc

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: kytom2
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 2:00pm
"fine Corinthian leather"

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I had a 2005 Silverado that got a lot better gas mileage.
They didn't have all the ethanol in the fuel like we do now. My '03 used to get 18-21 on the highway with the 4.8 v-8 with just a cat-back exhaust and open air intake.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 2:24pm
I think it was a new model year commercial when they re designed the car he was excited and said Look what they've done to my car! haha.

My grandma used to roll Cordobas and bigger Chryslers. The rotating assembly in my car came out of one of her cars back when.

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 2:40pm
[QUOTE=Riley] Art, Mine is a 5.3, 6 spd auto 4WD extended cab. Most QUOTE]

Just to see what it would do, nursed 20.1 average out of mine coming back from West Palm Beach on the FL Turnpike; tried to keep speed below 63, not towing anything, tailgate closed, 500 pounds of boxes and tools. Also cross-checked it against mileage (170) and consumption when I filled up. I have the extended cab with "standard" bed length; 6'6".

Remember that the mileage numbers on the Mulrony Sticker are tested with pure gasoline, usually under cool conditions, controlled conditions, educated driver, etc. etc. The manufacturers test their own product; only spot-checked by the Gov. See October Consumer Report if you are interested.
Art

-------------
"Art"

Posted By: 74Wind
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 3:26pm

Why a classic 1979 Chrysler Cordoba of course, "with fine Corinthian leather". (most likely only the older guys remember that commercial)
Actually, and I honestly wasn't baiting someone to ask, but back in December I did finally get Laurie's approval to break down and spring for my long desired middle age crisis-mobile, a 5800 mile, 2011 Shelby GT 500 rag top. I wish it was a 1968 but I'll have to make it another 55 yrs for that. Anyway it's in perfect condition and until I got caught in a very brief shower it hadn't even been run in the rain yet and hasn't been since. It's a blast to drive and I'm loving it.

Reid: coincidentally was in a shop yesterday that has a mint 68 GT500 with dash signed by Caroll Shelby. yours for only $115K; Send him a check and I'd be glad to drive it to NC for ya..

This could only be topped if the dash of your Cordoba is signed by Ricardo Montalban.

-------------
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Posted By: Swatkinz
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 3:46pm

Pictures of the Shelby GT500?

-------------
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 3:59pm
It's a little too sexy for pictures, I tried to take some once but Reid wouldnt stop doing burnouts so all I got was smoke.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:56pm
Reid, Probably has a nice blower whine when you drive over 65 mph huh ;).

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 5:01pm
He had to make room for it somewhere so something had to go and the Crush was it! He did blow the dust off, and gave me a ride in it to the airport. It's sweeeeeeeeet! I felt as if I was riding in the back seat of Joe's 83 when he throttles it up. Somehow I don't think he'll readily toss you the keys to it like he does with some of the other things he has that go really fast.

Pic's???? just think of a 4-wheeled version of 'Moody Blue' and you got one.

-------------

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 5:34pm
Apparently Laurie wouldnt let him do burnouts on the lawn so he was in fact able to take a picture this one time..

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/jhf6659/media/photo_zps73b25668.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I believe the pic was titled " It's hard out here for a pimp"

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 5:59pm
Picture that sexy thang towing the Shrimptique. I think the colors are pretty close to a match.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 6:08pm
I can see his hair blowing in the wind. Oh he does not have any hair expect for his back.

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 6:11pm
Edit: Back hair blowing in the wind...

I do like that Petty Blue ;).

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 8:57pm
that is a future classic if there will be any

-------------

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 9:13pm
Definitely a nice toy! Also, is that about a '71 SN blue hull that I see through the boathouse? Or is it a 16' Skier?
Art

-------------
"Art"

Date Posted: September-06-2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

Definitely a nice toy! Also, is that about a '71 SN blue hull that I see through the boathouse? Or is it a 16' Skier?
Art

Art,

It is a Skier. You can see better pictures of it at the CT Mini Reunion that Tim B. held earlier this month. There are several pictures of it on that thread. Reid picked up that boat about 1.5 years ago from a Boat House on Lake Hickory, NC. It is beautiful and runs strong.

Donald

Date Posted: September-08-2013 at 9:28pm
OK, just test drove a '13 F-150 w/ the 5.0L V8, a '13 F-150 w/ the V6 Ecoboost, a '13 Ram 1500 w/Hemi, and a '13 Silverado w/5.3L V8. I liked the F150 w/Ecoboost the best and here's why: I felt the F150 had the best interior. Fit and finish was better than either the Ram or Chevy. The Chevy interior hasn't changed since '07 that I noticed. It just felt dated. The Ram's interior, especially the cloth seats just felt "chintsy". Definitely sub-par compared to the XLT trimmed F150. The Ecoboost had gobs of power, I was really surprised. From a stoplight that truck really impressed me. I can imagine how nice it would be pulling a boat. I also like that the F150 has a better 4x4 stance, it sits up higher and "looks" like a 4x4. Plus I appreciate the fact that Ford didn't take or need a gubment bailout. AND they are giving huge rebates and dealer incentives right now on the Ecoboost equipped trucks. The sales mgr at the dealership told me that Ford isn't even building any 2014 Ecoboost trucks until they deplete the existing inventory levels. Not sure if that is true or not but I do know that the 2 dealers in the Gainesville, FL area have a bunch of inventory on the Ecoboost trucks. So my next step is going to Fighting Chance and starting the bid process.   

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-08-2013 at 10:19pm
maybe they are all there because people bought g.m ?

-------------

Date Posted: September-08-2013 at 10:49pm
GM pissed me off for the 2nd time today. Pretty safe to say they've lost a customer for life. They think their trucks fart gold.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: September-08-2013 at 11:53pm
Well, I definitely know what you mean, the GM pricing is pretty outrageous, new or used!

I just bought a 2010 Tahoe about 6 weeks ago. 5.3 4WD with 6 speed, LTZ trim. I love it, as smooth and well put together a vehicle as I've ever driven. I'm getting about 17.5 mpg average, will get 19 plus highway only. The 5.3 tows much better than I expected, and the tow/haul mode is awesome, really good shift pattern and the downshifting when braking helps quite a bit.

I know you just said you won't look at GM, figured I'd put my 2 cents in anyway.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: September-09-2013 at 11:02am
Bret, the cloth seats in my 10 seem much less "cheap" than the 2013 trucks. I would much rather my interior.

How'd the trucks all compare price wise?

-------------

Posted By: MuskokaCanada
Date Posted: September-09-2013 at 11:34am
I just bought the '13 F150 with Ecoboost and LOVE it.

Posted By: MuskokaCanada
Date Posted: September-09-2013 at 11:38am
^^^ Interestingly, this isn't exactly the same as mine. I'd guess this pic I grabbed off the net doesn't have ecoboost bc the licence plate is front centre which it isn't on the EB.

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:06am
Well, I pulled the trigger last night after I got all my quotes back and ended up going with the 5.0L V8 XLT F150. Had to drive an hour to get it but they sure made it worth it! I'm real happy and got a great deal, plus they gave me $1k more for my trade. I was still a bit nervous about going with the Eco after hearing of people still having issues. Plus it was $1000 more and I'm on a tight budget!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:26am
I bet that 5.0 is pretty light and revvy. Congrats! Does it sport the same HP numbers as the Mustang?

Pics or it didn't happen :)

-------------

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:42am
Congrats Bret,
If you didn't already notice from an aggressive test drive, while that 5.0 doesn't have the low-end torque of the EB, the sounds it emits as it revs to 6500 is nothing short of a symphony.
But getting back to the V6 TT's, apparently GM's lightbulb finally came on as they've got a hot one coming and the auto writers are speculating that it'll end up in a Silverado and not just the Caddy.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/03/ford-vs-gm-twin-turbo-showdown.html" rel="nofollow - reid's link    

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:42am

Well, I pulled the trigger last night after I got all my quotes back and ended up going with the 5.0L V8 XLT F150. Had to drive an hour to get it but they sure made it worth it! I'm real happy and got a great deal, plus they gave me $1k more for my trade. I was still a bit nervous about going with the Eco after hearing of people still having issues. Plus it was $1000 more and I'm on a tight budget!

Did you go back to all the dealers for a second round of bidding? That was where some of the real deals started popping up for me!

Like Zach said, pics! 2wd or 4wd this time?

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:43am
Can someone please fix my link

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 10:45am
Reid, I am staying tuned for the v6 diesel in the ram in 14 :).

-------------

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 11:09am

I bet that 5.0 is pretty light and revvy. Congrats! Does it sport the same HP numbers as the Mustang?

The 5.0 is dialed back quite a bit (420 down to 360) in the truck version, and I'd thought they'd lower the torque curve too but not sure. Also runs on 87 gas naturally. And redline drops from 7000 to 6000. I incorrectly mentioned 6500 earlier I believe.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 11:21am
Regardless a pretty cool motor.. Ford needs to do a new regular cab 2wd short bed with the tuned up 5.0 and call it the new Lightning.

I was at the track back when the new stang 5.0 came out. There was a guy running Slicks and a 4.10 gear in one all else stock cracking off 12.60's consistently . I about crapped.

It's amazing what technology can do. My old 360 has to be all smelly and sound like a race motor to produce close to 400 hp and my truck idles like a slant six while making 390 HP all the way up to almost 6000.

I can't wait until someone gets some of these modern engines out for marine purposes.

I guess up in Detroit where my uncle is on some of the test mule engines they run manifolds with water in them to keep it cool from the extreme heat of endurance tests. Maybe I can get him to throw a set of those my way and drop a 6.4 in the boat ;).

I also read that the new 6.4 truck motor has stainless steel exhaust manifolds and fasteners for longevity. Impressive.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 11:58am
Congrats Bert, post some pics!! Did you trade in that rice burning pickupcar?

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 11:59am
Ha, Pickup car.

-------------

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 1:32pm

Did you go back to all the dealers for a second round of bidding? That was where some of the real deals started popping up for me!

Like Zach said, pics! 2wd or 4wd this time?

Tim, I did go back to them all, and I threw a low number out to the dealer I went with and they responded back with "What time do you want to pick it up?" They were a first-class operation all the way around. I was in and out in less than 2 hours. It was Rountree-Moore Ford in Lake City, FL. An hour north of here. When I pulled into the dealership it was like I stepped back in time. They were in the same building as when it opened in 1925 and still were rocking the old school red/white/blue streamers. Pretty neat stuff.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/uflbret/media/F150a_zpsd3669b1e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

I think at minimum a leveling kit is in order and it won't be long until some bigger tires are added.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 5:37pm
p.s. - CQ, suck on my big fat AMERICAN made tail pipe now!

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-12-2013 at 5:46pm
Hahahahha!! CQ. Be careful what you wish for Bret!

Your color makes me jealous. I wanted to order that but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the red truck. My buddy's Rock Warrior Tundra is the same color. His boat is red so if we swap boats our rigs look better ha.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:42am
"rocking old school"...hope my brother sees this & has a picture or 2 of our dealership in Avon Lake Ohio...used to be Lloyd-Manwell. Dad ran the front..Mom was in the office and 2 sons. One in sales & one in service. Was just a simple pleasure dealing or getting service. Of course being able to go A-plan helped. Back when I was leasing my trucks & Patti's cars we could go on vacation & come home to a new car in the garage as they had the code for my opener. Would let you cruise their computer so you could find just the truck that you wanted. Once they had a special very Yellow Ranger pickup on display on their floor that Patti just fell in love with...next thing I knew they were drivin' it off the floor & she left in it. What a place!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: P71_CrownVic
Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 4:45am

Regardless a pretty cool motor.. Ford needs to do a new regular cab 2wd short bed with the tuned up 5.0 and call it the new Lightning.

How about a reg. cab/short box F-150 with the 3.5 Egoboost and the option of 2WD or 4WD?

Google Ford Tremor.

That being said, I just bought a 2012 Ram Express with 4400 miles on it for $23,800. With my trade in, I paid around $6,500. The Hemi is a gem, the 6-speed rocks, the ride is cloud smooth and I average 18-20 MPG with it...so screw Ford and their "eco" crap. Nothing "Eco" about a V6 that drinks fuel like a V8 (or worse). My Silverado was an absolutely fantastic truck that sold in less than a week for this dealer. BUt this truck tows the Nautique FAR better. The 5.3, while a fantastic engine and part of the legendary GM small block family, was a bit weak.

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/P71_CrownVic/media/IMG_20130724_160011_401.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/P71_CrownVic/media/IMG_20130807_193546_967.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 8:58am
P71, are you and zach related? Red ram trucks, gray 2001's and a passion for inflatable water sports- you must be long lost brothers!

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 9:23am
P71, did you drive the Ecoboost? Your "Hemi" doesn't hold a candle to it power-wise and that "little V6" will make your truck turn its tailpipe under and slink home embarrassed.   I drove them both. The Hemi is an absolute dog compared to the Ecoboost. And I'm an unbiased opinion, I bought the 5.0L motor.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 10:07am
I've heard all the advertising hype about the Ford Ecoboost but until looking it up did not really understand what it actually means. Turns out I have been running it longer than you guy's even had heard of it Looks like it was acquired when Ford bought Volvo in '99. It will be interesting to see how they hold up with the average consumer. Volvo recommends 7k oil changes but I always change at 3k,the longer it stays in there it starts taking on a odd color which stains the dipstick. It is amazing to be running at 70/75 stepping on the gas and having it smoothly,quietly and quickly pulling away. Not happy that the Chinese now own them,most likely will look into what Kristof drives when the time comes.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 10:18am
Bad ass truck P71. Bringing back memories of towing my boat home with a regular cab short bed hot rod Dodge truck ha.

Bret, The eco I'm sure would destroy the Hemi out of the hole because Chrysler limits torque output below 3000 rpms..... .

My truck has the 3.92 ratio and all of the 3.55 trucks feel like they have an anchor behind them compared to my truck.

Tim, inflatable water sports? I've heard your passion lies with something else that's inflatable. Don't worry I won't tell Sarah. Haha.

Only problem I have had with the eco (other than the 6 banger racket) is that its marketed as ECO Economy. Which it doesn't do from what I have heard. Other than that if you don't mind the 6 cylinder noise everyone is impressed with towing and power.

-------------

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 10:21am
When I was buying my Tahoe it came down to a Tahoe or a Durango. So, I drove the 5.3 and 5.7 Hemi, and had driven the hemi before as well. My take is the 5.3 is somewhat vanilla, but smooth as silk and quiet, which is what I was looking for this time. With the hemi you're more aware you've got a motor in front of you.

I found both engines have quite a bit of shift lag (torque management) which makes them feel doggy when you step down. It's not a lack of power, because even the 5.3 will pull pretty hard when you step on it. In both cases an aftermarket tune will go a long way to making them more efficient, more powerful, and with much improved shifting. I'm holding off on a tune for the Tahoe because of warranty, and maybe just not needing it in this vehicle, we'll see.

Towing my sport, maybe 4,500 lbs total, is easy as can be. More power is fun, but in this case I just don't need it.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 10:21am
Oh btw P71. Make sure you rotate those tires at least every 5k or say hello to cup city. You will struggle to get 50k out of them and stay away from pot holes and curbs if you don't want the truck to shake like a wet dog at highway speeds.

Bret, If P71's truck is a 2wd you better think twice about the Ecoboost comments ha. The Hemi in that little guy makes it a high 14 second rig at the track in stock form. There are guys with little stuff like headers intake tunes with sticky tires putting the regular cab trucks in the high mid 13's.

Now my truck would probably be working hard to think about running high 14's but I plan on a track visit this fall to bury the hatchet with Tom in his Rock Warrior ;).

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 12:05pm
Zach, the Ecoboost in stock form 2WD extra-cab is also pulling high 14's, and with tune and intake/exhaust guys are getting low 13's.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 12:20pm
It's pretty cool what the trucks are doing. I am curious about the Diablo sport tuner. I guess it makes the SRT cars real animals and they claim 30 Rear wheel HP to the wheels on the 5.7. That would make true Hemi output at the crank somewhere around 430-440.

Takes away all the torque management and crap. I doubt I will do that because I am so happy with what the truck does as is.

Wanna put some turbos on my truck :).

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:26pm

I guess it makes the SRT cars real animals and they claim 30 Rear wheel HP to the wheels on the 5.7.

"and got over 10 mph (10.8). I know that's nothing to brag about, but I was hauling"

Holy cr*p Zach that right there puts you right up in Reids territory

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:41pm
Couple of nice looking trucks there.

The Ram pulls off the standard cab look better than any other current standard in my opinion.

Congrats Brett. Awesome truck. I've always been impressed by the world class fit and finish of the F-150s.

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:54pm
When the market gets competitive the customer wins.

Gary, It would be fun but I guess that's why we leave trucks stock and buy go fast cars to play with ;).

Case in point, a pretty blue convertible Mustang :).

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 2:12pm

good read. http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?27150-Ford-Ecoboost-experiences/page1" rel="nofollow - Planet EB thread

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 2:45pm
Definitely a good thread. But I liked the statement one guy made nearer end that most people that actually have them love them while guys with "friends" who supposedly have one seem to have the issues.

But Zach, I don't know about that "leaving a truck stock" stuff. I'd be going this route with a new 5.0 See link from Tim below.

My Excursion (V-10 gas powered-ouch) is at 190,000 now and I'm getting closer to entering the new truck market...............

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 3:09pm
http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2011-2013-50L-Ford-F-150-Supercharger-ROUSH-R2300-Phase-2-Kit-570-HP.html" rel="nofollow - Reid's link

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 3:10pm
Reid my v 10 excursion is at 180k and if i keep changing my oil between 10 and 12k miles as i have since new i'm thinking i can get 300k out of it

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 3:24pm
MMMM blower. Reid, I would love to have a 500-600 hp truck but I also enjoy getting 20+ basically anything highway and running terrible pump 87. Maybe someday when the truck is paid for I can freshen up the Hemi and throw a huffer on it.

The 15 srt-8 cars will all be blown at 570 hp numbers. Maybe 14 I forget but they would have been advertising it by now if that was the case.

Dad had a good old V10 2500 Ram for a while. Pull a house and pull the gas station along with it haha.

-------------

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 3:27pm

Reid my v 10 excursion is at 180k and if i keep changing my oil between 10 and 12k miles as i have since new i'm thinking i can get 300k out of it

I'm with you there Peter, as me saying "I'm getting closer", actually means sometime in the next 5 years, as witnessed and recalled by some here familiar with my 98 Explorer which I "gave" away to Jerry's son (many here know Jerry) 18 months ago with 391,000 on the dial. He's getting very close to 400,000 I hear. I've been putting synthetic in my V-10 for the last 140,000 miles (I bought it at 50K miles) and am convinced it helps me get 13.8 highway mpg vs something like 13.8002.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-13-2013 at 8:11pm
I always have a 1,000 lbs of tools in it , other than front bearing assemblies and rear calipers its been almost enough to move me over to ford. by the way I just bought an 09 GMC 2500 extenda cab with the 6.0 I think i m in love

-------------

Posted By: P71_CrownVic
Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 1:26am

P71, are you and zach related? Red ram trucks, gray 2001's and a passion for inflatable water sports- you must be long lost brothers!

Haha, not that I know of, but maybe!

P71, did you drive the Ecoboost? Your "Hemi" doesn't hold a candle to it power-wise and that "little V6" will make your truck turn its tailpipe under and slink home embarrassed.   I drove them both. The Hemi is an absolute dog compared to the Ecoboost. And I'm an unbiased opinion, I bought the 5.0L motor.

Ha! Yeah, no. The Egoboost is all marketing. It's really not that special. A high-strung, complicated, expensive V6 that gets no better mileage than a V8.

And what were the rear gears on the Egoboost and the Ram you tested? That makes more of a difference than anything. I had a Silverado with the 5.3 and 3.42 gears and my buddy has a GMC Sierra with the 5.3 and 3.73s. You would never believe they are the same engine.

My truck moves. If it's a dog, it's a greyhound.

-------------

Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 10:59am
my new 6.0 has 410s feels like a stump puller in the low gears

-------------

Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 12:39pm
Zach made a good statement earlier in this thread pondering when/if the marine engine companies would start using some of the later high-performance auto engines for marine applications. Oh I believe he was referring mostly to the Hemi and 5.0 engines, the 6.0 GM engine has been doing just that for sometime now, in the great 409 and 450 hp engines. And the 6.2 supercharged is outta this world.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

The Egoboost is all marketing. It's really not that special. A high-strung, complicated, expensive V6 that gets no better mileage than a 350 cubic inch V8.

A poster on the PN thread made a very good point in that you don't or shouldn't compare the Ecoboost to a 5.3 or older 350 GM in terms of fuel mileage as the EB is way more powerful and should burn more fuel.   It should instead be compared to a 6.0 or 6.2 GM or 5.7 Toyota. Now how do those compare?   And "high-strung" in terms of engines normally refers to high revving tendencies or requirements in order to make power. New Boss 302 Mustang, 444 hp/7500 rpm. That's what I'd call high-strung. All of the V8s mentioned in this thread, including the 5.0 and Hemi, require significantly more rpm to approach the power delivered by the EB. Not trying to start an argument but them's are facts and easily obtainable.   I'm certainly not in the market for one, and while I agree that it's really nothing special, esp in terms of mpg's, once you've ACTUALLY ridden in one, hammered down with a load behind it, blindfolded (in the passenger's seat) so all brand bias is set aside, you''re gonna most certainly say Holy Sh&T! Unless you already own a diesel.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 2:34pm
Ok guys..... My turn: Thread-jack but not really.....

After an awesome 1900 mile trip to the Adirondacks pulling the Barefoot and camping..... Val and I are looking at looking at trading in the ol' 78 Ford Camper Special and the AWD Astro Van for a truck that will tow the Barefoot and carry a slide in camper.

Looking at the big 3, they all look about the same as far as numbers....

So looking for recomendations on a truck to carry 22-2500 and tow 4500. Need a crew cab.... but like the Chevy crews because the rear seat bottom flips up and out of the way for old dogs to lay on the floor and old owners not to lift onto the seats......

So anything I should look for or stay away from? The trim levels of the Fords are too numerous to keep straight and the Rams are even worse....

What set-up - Engine? Gearing? 3/4 vs 1 ton? ride vs fuel use?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47348289@N08/9743096314/" rel="nofollow">

The Astro (Vortec 4.3) worked pretty darn hard up the Va/WestVa and Adirondack hills.... but we averaged 13.6 mpg over the 1900 miles.

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 3:25pm
I cant imagine anything but a crew cab dually g.m duramax /allison but have to say the ford is possibly a better looking truck. they all weird from behind Imo

-------------

Date Posted: September-14-2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

Haha, not that I know of, but maybe!

Ha! Yeah, no. The Egoboost is all marketing. It's really not that special. A high-strung, complicated, expensive V6 that gets no better mileage than a 350 cubic inch V8.

And what were the rear gears on the Egoboost and the Ram you tested? That makes more of a difference than anything. I had a Silverado with the 5.3 and 3.42 gears and my buddy has a GMC Sierra with the 5.3 and 3.73s. You would never believe they are the same engine.

My truck moves. If it's a dog, it's a greyhound.

They were geared similarly. Somewhere around 3.55's. If it's all marketing, line your bad boy truck up against one and see what happens. You obviously haven't done your research.

-------------
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Print Page | Close Window