Print Page | Close Window

Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
Forum Discription: Discussion around the annual CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13078
Printed Date: April-19-2024 at 4:10pm

Topic: Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!
Posted By: SN206
Subject: Southwest CCF Reunion - June 11th-15th!
Date Posted: March-19-2009 at 11:54pm
The unofficial Southwest CorrectCraftFan Reunion will take place June 11th-15th 2009! Location will be Lake Lewisville in Lewisville, Texas. Some specific details have alreay been posted on a previous thread, but more will follow shortly.

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Replies:
Date Posted: March-20-2009 at 12:50am
Lake Lewisville is located minutes north from Dallas/Fort Worth and is just off of I-35. It will be easily reached as there are many major highway arteries that will lead you there. There is an abundance of camping/RV locations as well as many restaurants, bars, and hotels. Local venues include Texas Ranger baseball, Six Flags, horse racing, and shopping for the land-lovers.
Lake Lewisville Party Cove will entertain us. There are two big restaurants, Sneaky Petes and "Charlies". The lake is fairly big. Maps of campgrounds and ramps are available.
Sneaky Pete's could easily host a days/nights worth and would seem like and ideal location(plenty of dock space, a pool, bar, sand court volleyball, restaurant, and a separate reception room w/ private access.                              
Public Marinas Name Location Phone Number
Eagle Point Lewisville 972-436-6561
Lakeview Lake Dallas 940-321-2675
Cottonwood Creek Little Elm 972-292-1100
Pier 121 Lewisville 972-625-2233
Camping reservations can again be made at www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.

-------------

Posted By: dwcar
Date Posted: March-20-2009 at 12:52am
That is 5 days!! Yee haaaa!!!!

-------------
83Ski

Date Posted: March-20-2009 at 1:01am
"Bigger in Texas" right? I think that will give more people more opourtunity to attend as well as take in some of the local life. Buxton's said that they might do some sort of "Demo Day" as well. Maybe we can talk them into demoing that limited edition Beyerly boat! I would'nt doubt if that sucker wasn't under armed gaurd though. It's wicked!

-------------

Posted By: bchesley
Date Posted: March-23-2009 at 3:51pm
Sweet I am in. I need to get a flyer to give out to other nautique owners that I see on the water!! Is anything going to be made up? It could be a PDF the we each could download and print to hand out?

-------------
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"

Date Posted: March-23-2009 at 4:18pm
Brad that would be great, I'm computer graphics challenged. Plaese send me a copy and I'll post it at a couple of marinas and stores in the area.

-------------

Posted By: bchesley
Date Posted: March-25-2009 at 5:18pm
I will work on something. Might take me a day or two.

-------------
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"

Posted By: anthonylizardi
Date Posted: March-26-2009 at 5:37pm
Ryan,
Let me know how can I help.

Posted By: Keith
Date Posted: March-29-2009 at 2:05am
SN206,
I am delighted with your enthusiasm and effort to get this event going. I want to provide as much assistance as I can. I have reached out to an area CC dealer and they are interested in being a part of the event.

I'll email you so we figure out how to make this work and how I can help make this event a huge success.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: March-29-2009 at 10:27pm
Kieth,

Thanks for the support. Buxtons did mention that they had spoken to you and that they were excited about the event coming. Any suggestions or ideas that you might have would be appreciated. I'm told that some people are coming from as far as Florida!

- Ryan

-------------

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: April-01-2009 at 1:24am
I'm not 100% sure , but I'm checking on air fare right now. I've been talking with Keith and the Buxtons, hope I can make the trip. And yes I spoke with the wife also..hehe

Now come on everyone turn up the volume up!!!

I would like to see BIG numbers in attendance. You will have a great time , just ask anyone that's been to a gathering or just look at all the great photo's from the past.. And yes, now it's coming to Texas!!
The fan's make it happen now.

I'm going on a 3 week vacation with the wife to Loas on Monday and hope to see this get bigger when we get back.

Date Posted: April-01-2009 at 3:14am
I am only minutes away. I know that Buxton marine is great place. I had the honor to deal with Jim Buxton. I just bought some parts for my trailer but I tell you he treat me like I buy a boat from him every year. The are just a phenomenal team. Please let me know how can I help.

Date Posted: April-01-2009 at 11:03pm
Dave,

Hope you can make it. Think this could turn into a great time! Keep us posted.

-------------

Posted By: kman
Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:10am
Hey guys - I am actually the one who started this idea a while back. It took a while to gain steam, but looks like it going to happen. Anyway, I work for a Sign Company and have graphics abilities. If it's not too late, I could work up a flyer and probably even a banner to hang at the meeting place. Any objections?
Kirk

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 12:48pm
Dave,Kman,

Keep us posted on places to stay etc. I might be able to make it down. I go through Dallas on business quite often. Glad to see Buxton on line. They were great to deal with when I bought my boat...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:33pm
Kirk,
    I can help posting distributing the flyers. Let me know how can I help.

Ryan,
    Did the Sneaky Petes people got back with you. I go to Sneaky Petes frequently. I can try get a hold of their manager.

I am excited we got some traction with these. Any veterans with experience if you can tell us what is needed let us.

Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 3:40pm
I will to see about accomodations. Maybe do a list of hotels close to the lake. Also, I know if you want something TX style there are two mega hotels close by, ~5 miles, that are the main attraction. Those are the http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-texan/ - Gaylord Texan and the kids favorite the http://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/waterpark - Wolf Lodge . But I think for this activity you won't be spending on the hotel therefore it might not be such a good idea.

Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 8:41pm
Anthony,
I spoke to Sneaky Pete's and they are sending me some info today. I'll pass on what I find out.

Kirk,
Sounds like some fliers would really help spread the word. I'm in Houston for the next two weeks, but when I get back I could spread some out around Eagle Mt. and Lake Worth area.

-------------

Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 8:57pm
Anthony,

I emailed you the info I got from Sneaky Pete's.

-------------

Date Posted: April-02-2009 at 9:09pm
kman
what about a logo for a shirt that we can sell.

-------------
83Ski

Posted By: k9spd403
Date Posted: April-03-2009 at 8:11pm
boy i wish there was a southeast reunion texas is a long drive

Posted By: Ashley
Date Posted: April-04-2009 at 3:09am
Dang! Tons of support from TX, holla!

Is this the closest reunion to UT? Anybody know drive time?    

Ashley

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: April-04-2009 at 3:42am
From Salt Lake, it's actually closer to go to the Greenlake, WI reunion. About 1200 miles to Greenlake, about 1400 to Lewisville, TX.

When I towed my boat from California to Greenlake last year, we spent the first night in Park City.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: clfewell
Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 1:48pm
hey yall Im new to the CC scene does my boat have to be totaly restored before I can attened or can it come like it is looks great lake ready but has floor issues dont want to tear it apart till winter want to run new engine and trans this summer????

-------------
itsmenotu

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by clfewell clfewell wrote:

hey yall Im new to the CC scene does my boat have to be totaly restored before I can attened or can it come like it is looks great lake ready but has floor issues dont want to tear it apart till winter want to run new engine and trans this summer????

You bring what you got, the vast majority of the boats are not totally restored. No matter what you got it holds interest for this crew..

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 3:56pm
Clinton,

I highly encourage you to bring it as is. Often there will be people there who have had the same project(s) as you, and may be able to save you tons of time and money with pointers or suggestions. You might even run into someone who does it for a living.

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 4:04pm
cool Ill be there and let me know what I can Do we are staying in Benbrook with family while we finish our new house in Seven Points so Im around the metroplex all the time you can email me at clfewell2002@yahoo.com or cell 307-899-2266 give me a yell and Ill do what I can BTW how much water will my 21 martinique draw I want to get it out but Benbrook only has 3 foot at the ramp and ill launch my others but not this one yet Im worried about damaging the prop or rudder??
Thank you in advance

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 10:04pm
Clinton,

If you are that concerned I would trailer to Eagle Mt. Lake or Lake Worth(Both on the north side)to run the boat. Eagle Mt. has a couple of lakeside bars to pull up to in the event you need some "coldies". However you can go to the following site and find all the lake levels in the area. http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm - http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm

-------------

Date Posted: April-05-2009 at 11:29pm
Stay away from Lake Worth! Stump central. Besides, the city said the lake is off limits to all vessels other than Kayaks or Canoes. Seriously!...

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 12:09am
Agreed....Eagle Mt. Lake will be your best bet. I've put in there when the Lake was way down and did alright. Nothing good has really come out of Lake Worth, including the toxicity level in some of the fish!

g

-------------

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 1:45am
if its a little warmer im going to Benbrook tommorow they have 3.5 ft at the ramp as of tonight i put the fishing boat in and used the depth finder
Can yall tell me if I can get athru hull for a depth finder

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 1:49am
West Marine on Hwy 199 in Lake Worth, by Target

-------------

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 2:16am
West Marine closed the Lake Worth store after this past summer...

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 2:40am
hey I can go online and find one at west marine didnt think bout them
Yall Rock

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 2:48am
The closest one will be in Lewisville. They open a new store close on I35 just north of 121. If you take 121, get off 35 north, and exit Round Grove. Their used to be a Tweeter Store. Also, if you take Round Grove west, Boater's world is closing. I got 40% off of battery cables and other things. Not everything is on sale.

Posted By: Nawtique
Date Posted: April-06-2009 at 9:27am
Stay away from Lake Worth! Stump central.

Second that on Lake Worth.

-------------
Nawtique

Date Posted: April-08-2009 at 1:41am
Here is some of the hotels that would be available for the reunion.

Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville Get FREE high-speed Internet access at this Residence Inn Residence Inn by Marriott, Lewisville is conveniently located 12 miles from DFW Airport and within walking distance of Vista Ridge Mall.

755 Vista Ridge Mall Drive
Lewisville, TXAmenities:More Info Map It
$129.99   
   Country Inn & Suites Lewisville This an exciting time for our hotel. Starting at the end of July, we will be undergoing a complete renovation. With this renovation, we will be adding several amenities to enhance the comfort of your stay. We will be adding brand new furniture, carpeting and wallpaper.

755 B Vista Ridge Mall Drive
$71.10   
   Courtyard - Dallas Lewisville Get FREE high-speed Internet access at this Courtyard Courtyard by Marriott, Lewisville is conveniently located 12 miles from DFW Airport. The Courtyard is within walking distance of Vista Ridge Mall.

2701 Lake Vista Drive
$124.99   
   Hampton Inn Lewisville Our promise to you includes a clean, comfortable hotel room. In fact, we have 53 of them! If you're traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. Or, if you're here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, king-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax?

885 South Stemmons Fwy.
$94.00   
   Holiday Inn Express Lewisville The Holiday Inn Express, Dallas- Lewisville is surrounded by scores of restaurants and shopping venues, most within walking distance. This Lewisville Hotel, just north of Dallas, is 2 blocks from Vista Ridge Mall and 4 miles from Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Outdoor World.

780 East Vista Ridge Mall Drive
$95.00   
   La Quinta Inn Dallas Lewisville The La Quinta Inn Dallas Lewisville is centrally located just minutes north of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, not far from massive Lake Lewisville.

1657 S Stemmons Freeway
$55.00   
   Best Western Inn & Suites Lewisville The Best Western Inn & Suites of Lewisville is ornamented with ultra-spacious suites and guest rooms, conveniently located just minutes away from the entertainment, restaurants, and shopping in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

330 E. Corporate Drive
$65.69   
   Comfort Suites Lewisville This Lewisville, TX hotel is an all-suite property. Each room features a coffee maker, sofa sleeper, microwave and refrigerator. Relax in our sparkling indoor pool or hot tub and take advantage of our free wireless high-speed Internet access. Start your morning off right with our free continental breakfast.

755 A Vista Ridge Mall Dr.
$79.99   

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2009 at 7:44pm
If I could get an idea on how many pepole might come, I'll look into having some shirts worked up for the event. I've also been speaking w/ a few other water ski orientated companies as well to see what kinda goodies we could give out as prizes or something. If anyone comes up with anything or has any ideas let me know. I'm still tied up in Houston, but should be able to participate more when I get back home.
   I'm running up to Lewisville this weekend to p/u the new 206. Can't wait! May have to brave the cold water to do some footin!

-------------

Date Posted: April-09-2009 at 11:39pm
Here is the link to the Correct Craft Dealer that will be on the lake if anyone needs parts or service while your there. http://www.buxtonmarine.com - Buxton Marine

-------------

Date Posted: April-10-2009 at 12:20am
Ryan,
I am in. I am sure i will have a few friends with me. I am spreading the word here in Houston. I think you will get a much better reading when we get a little closer. keep up the good work.

-------------
83Ski

Date Posted: April-10-2009 at 12:41am
Don,

Thanks, I will be in Houston for another week.
In fact I just bought some barefoot equipment from your local Barefoot Central and Eagle Sports(wetsuits). I might hit them up to see if they would like to help out. Both Chuck and Michelle(Owners of Barefoot Central and Eagle Wetsuits) were some of the nicest people I've met.

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: April-12-2009 at 11:52pm
Here is a great link I found with detailed up to the minute information including water depths, weather information and marina information.
http://www.town-mall.net/lakes/lakelewisville.html - Detailed Lewisville Lake info

-------------

Date Posted: April-13-2009 at 12:07am
Here are some pictures of the new boat I picked up this weekend. For all you barefooters, let me tell ya the ZR6 is a "MONSTER" of a motor!

-------------

Date Posted: April-13-2009 at 1:09am
Beautiful boat. Kind of throw back to the old years on the side graphics. I like it!!!

-------------
83Ski

Date Posted: April-13-2009 at 1:17am
With the exception of the tower, I was looking for a conservative look. I ordered the 409hp ZR6 for barefooting, but was a little desapointed with the top-end. I'm told that the motor (1.5hrs) was "tight" and it will surely improve as it breaks in. Other than that I'm very, very pleased!

-------------

Posted By: Dave D.
Date Posted: April-14-2009 at 4:48pm
A reunion in the Lone Star State...count us in! Plus, it's my birthday weekend and this sounds like a great group of fellow CC Fans to party with! We will be there. I will spread the word down here in the Austin area and at the local CC dealer. Does anyone have a flyer put together yet?

-------------
Dave D.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5525&sort=&pagenum=4 - '89 Sport Nautique
http://www.golaketravis.com/webcam/ - Lake Travis, Texas!

Date Posted: April-14-2009 at 5:00pm
Hey Guys,
Looks like there is some real momentum behind this event!

As I've mentioned, I just don't have the time this year to make this an official CCF Reunion but I would like to help out as much as I can.

Can we start with a running list of who will be able to attend? Name, Forums Nickname and location would be very helpful.

Then we can put together a loose schedule of events - i.e. where and when to meet.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 2:11am
hey yall count me and my family in will drop everything to attened Clint Fewell clfewell2002@yahoo.com

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 4:02pm
1)At this rate it looks like the lake levels should be ok for mid-June. I am working on a contengency plan however in the event Lewisville is to low.

2) I think it would be wise to go ahead and develope a flyer to hand out or post in stores or at dealers. If anyone has a background in graphics or could help put together a flyer please let me know.

3) The dates posted were the 11th thru the 15th. This would give persons an oppourtunity to take advantage of other things Dallas/Fort Worth has to offer, however I think it would be wise to have everyone meet-up on Saturday for the main event.

-------------

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 4:09pm
I have been checking on sources that could make up an event shirt. I need to figure out how to set up some sort of registration or running tally on the site for people who are tentatively planning on coming so that I could place an order.

-------------

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 4:15pm
Hey Guys,
I spoke to Phil at Buxton Marine yesterday and he's excited to have a demo boat, either a 210 or 230, there at the event.

Keep the counts going so we can see what we have.

Confirmed so far ... (please add your name to the list)

1) Clint Fewell - clfewell
2) Ryan Robinette - SN206

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 9:16pm
Hey guys - I am attempting to design a logo for us. I work for a sign company and have a "little" design abilities. I thought I would try to keep it with the same general look as other recent official events. Give me some feedback on these rough drafts and I will do my best to make it look good.
Kirk

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 9:36pm
My vote is for #1(upper left). That looks so cool!

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 9:42pm
I like upper left also.

1) Clint Fewell - clfewell
2) Ryan Robinette - SN206
3) Don Caruthers - dwcar

-------------
83Ski

Date Posted: April-15-2009 at 10:25pm
I agree, The first looks real good! It looks like it would be alot easier and alot less costly to screen print as well. However, I think it would be best to let Keith give his final approval before anything is carved in stone. Great work Kirk!

-------------

Date Posted: April-16-2009 at 1:09pm
Upper left, and put the Nautique in Red making a three color. Looks great. Nice work Kman !!!!

Great to see your participation in getting this organized. I'm hoping to make it down for a couple of days.

"I'd be boatless, but not beerless"

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: April-16-2009 at 2:05pm
I like the first one better as well but it makes it look like it's a Texas reunion, with the state outline in the background and not realy a Southwest Reunion, the other ones are in WI and NY and the only reference is the printed info related to it's location, Green Lake, WI, Lake George, NY respectively. $.02

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: April-16-2009 at 2:28pm
Chris,
Ya got a good point...

Are we going to see you in Green Lake this summer????

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: April-16-2009 at 4:24pm
My vote is for design #3 or #1 for the Greenlake reunion,

The Boat Nurse

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: April-16-2009 at 7:35pm
Kirk, is that something that can be screen printed?

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: April-20-2009 at 2:09am
Kirk,
   Cool! I am glad things are taking shape. I #1 top left and it will be neat if you can fit the TX flag inside the map.

Date Posted: April-20-2009 at 3:50am
Took advice of making it more "Southwest". I would really like to wrap this up quick so we could start using it on flyers, shirts, emails, etc. What are everyone's thoughts on these two. Top or bottom. The last thing I am trying to do is add a boat, but I am having to redraw one and that takes time. Let me know if I am headed in the right direction and I will try to polish up the edges and publish a final logo for all to use.

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-20-2009 at 4:16am
I was thinking to make the background on the map a TX flag. Like this:

Date Posted: April-20-2009 at 4:20am
BTW, The second one with the Dallas Cowboys star looks pretty cool. The color of the "N" looks a little of, IMO, what about a using the same blue as the letters or the star. Just suggestions, is looking great!

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: April-20-2009 at 9:25pm
I Like the 2nd one. I will not be attending, no time off, but I would purchase a T-shirt.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: April-21-2009 at 12:18am
I vote for the bottom one. It advertises CCFan a little more. Not sure on the Cowboy star. Could you throw a Texans logo in there??

-------------
83Ski

Date Posted: April-21-2009 at 2:02am
Kirk,

I like the first one. No need to advertise for Jerry Jones inless he's going to cut you a break on those totally outrageous ticket prices! Never the less, you have done some great work. I would make a decision somehow and go w/ that. All the screen printers I have spoken w/ would like 4-6 weeks for the t-shirt project. I am back in town from Houston and should be able to contribute alot more. Which ever one you decide with, please copy Keith the design as to keep him in the loop and to make sure it is ok w/ him.
    Kirk, please feel free to call me and let me know how I can help you @ 817-933-0105.
    For all who would like to attend please continue to post your names and the number in your parties who would most likely want a shirt. I am trying to coordinate some kind of contests for additional prizes as well.

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: April-22-2009 at 4:08pm
OK - Time is of the essence. I am done with the logo and it will have to work for this year so we have time to get shirts and hand out flyers. I will generate a flyer by the end of this week and upload so everytone can use by print or email.

Ryan - Let me know if the T-shirt screen printer needs better file of the logo. Just have them contact me directly at kstateson@identitybusiness.com or mobile 817-914-2920 if necessary.

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-22-2009 at 4:44pm
Thanks Kirk,

That thing looks great! I'll ask Keith to take a look at the logo and make sure he's ok w/ it before anything goes to print, but I think he will be very impressed! Give me a day or so to work out the shirt details and I'll get back w/ you.

- All,
Please continue to add your names if you think you can attend so that I can make sure shirts will be available for everyone.

-------------

Date Posted: April-22-2009 at 5:47pm
TO ALL POTENTIAL ATTENDEES: Due to the growing of future relationships with various vendors, sponsors and to the benefit of starting a "long-term" destination for future CCF reunions we are going to shift gears a bit. We need to have an unofficial get together this year. Essentially nothing will change as it relates to the fellowship and fun we will have. The interest in a SW get together is no doubt huge and we need to make sure we do it right.

Please understand this decision is to protect the CCF site and all involved.

So, we will be having a "Trial Run" get together this year without officially using the CCF name. Thank you for understanding.

I say we designate June 13-14 Sat/Sun as the weekend. Let's pick a meeting time/place and start there. Like Sneaky Pete's at noon. We can hang out, eat, ski and discuss an official 2010 CCF reunion.

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-22-2009 at 6:14pm
As a contingency plan; in the event the lake level is too low(due to any drought conditions), I'm told that Eagle Mt. Lake will be maintaned at acceptable levels throughout the summer. In the event Lewisville is too low, Eagle Mt lake can serve as the location as it too has anemenities for persons traveling in from afar. It is about a 45 min tow from Lewisville, but all indicationa are Lewisville is good to go!

-------------

Date Posted: April-24-2009 at 2:05pm
Kirk,
Have you come up w/ anything yet?

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: April-24-2009 at 11:04pm
OK - Here is a flyer that you can save on your computer and email around. Hope this works for everybody. Right click on the image and choose "save picture as" to save to your computer. You can then paste it in Word if you want to print it. I kept it simple for now leading people to call or email myself or Ryan with questions.

-------------
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Date Posted: April-25-2009 at 2:28pm
Looks good Kirk!

- All, if you could please take this oppourtunity and distribute these flyers at your local marinas, dealers and fellow owners. I think this event has potential to be huge and with a little help from all of you we can make it even better.
Thanks in advance

Again, feel free to contact Kirk or myself with any qyuestions. I will try to repost all the amenety information a.s.a.p.

-------------

Date Posted: April-26-2009 at 10:38am
-All,

If anyone attending or not that would like a specific sized event shirt such as XS or XXXL, please let me know as the shirt order will go in this week.

-------------

Date Posted: April-27-2009 at 11:16am
Ryan,
    I just noticed some things have changed. All CCF reference seems to be removed. What is the new shirt look like. I would need an XS for my wife.

Date Posted: April-27-2009 at 4:35pm
Anthony,

Yes the reference was taken off for reasons of responcibilities this year. The back of the shirt willl have the Texas/boat pic from the flyer and the front may likely have a sponsors logo. The XS is not a problem, I'll make a note of it.

-------------

Date Posted: April-27-2009 at 4:44pm
So who lives in the Lewisville area. I leave tomorrow morning for three days in Lewisville.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: April-27-2009 at 5:12pm
I live about 30 minutes away from Lewisville.

-------------

Date Posted: April-28-2009 at 12:58am
Well, in the scheme of things Ryan, that's not far. Unfortunately, I can't be sure what my schedule is going to be. Just thought if some folks live right in Lewisville, I might be able to meet up for a beer on short notice.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: April-28-2009 at 10:42am
Well, I've been called alot of things, but never late for beer!

-------------

Date Posted: April-30-2009 at 12:39am
Up to the minute event lake info.
http://www.town-mall.net/lakes/lakelewisville.html - Lake Lewisville info

-------------

Date Posted: April-30-2009 at 10:42am
I don't think after these last two storms the lake will have a problem with water voulume. Also, shirts will be ordered the first of next week so if there are any special orders(sizes) please let me know.
http://www.town-mall.net/lakes/lakelewisville.html - Lake Lewisville info [/QUOTE]

-------------

Date Posted: May-03-2009 at 7:30pm
Is anyone bringing a BFN?

-------------

Date Posted: May-08-2009 at 1:32am
If anyone needs an event shirt greater than XL please let me know as the order will likely be placed on Friday. Thanks.

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:01pm
Hey Ryan if im not to late put me in for a XXL Ill pay now if I need Ill also need a LArge and Medium for the wife. She will put the flyer up at Her country Club in Grand Prarie for us and Ill get it too South Fort Worth at the dealers in Burleson. Has any one put one at Eagle Mnt of Joe Pool at the bar there??? Thank s Yall really looking forward to meeting all yall
Clint

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: May-09-2009 at 10:22pm
BTW will ther be anyone there to show my kids the basica of water skiing I have a broken back and my wife knows nothing about it

Thanks

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: May-10-2009 at 9:37pm
Clint,
Thnaks for your help w/ the flyers! Although I do not have a pair of kid skis, I would be more than happy to teach/help with the kids. We could skip the skis and go straight to barefootin'

-------------

Date Posted: May-12-2009 at 5:29pm
we bought the skis for the kids with the little rope between them so they are looking forward to it
Thank You
Clint

-------------
itsmenotu

Date Posted: May-14-2009 at 2:24am
I have a boom as well. They cut the learning time in 1/2.

-------------

Date Posted: May-14-2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Anthony,

Yes the reference was taken off for reasons of responcibilities this year. The back of the shirt willl have the Texas/boat pic from the flyer and the front may likely have a sponsors logo. The XS is not a problem, I'll make a note of it.

Ryan,
While I think the shirt logo is fantastic and a lot of work has been put into it, I don't get the part where the CCF reference has been removed.

Afterall, This thread started as a Southeast CCfan reunion, and continues to pull interest off the site.

We started Green Lake with the intention of getting together other CCF members together for an outting. We put it together from scratch with self promoted sponsors just like you, yet always referenced the site as the lead in to the gathering..

I'm sure I'm missing something and making assumptions in my mind that I shouldn't do.. Just doesn't seem tied in at all and very self promoted. Doesn't sound like you want this gathering to become an official 3rd or 4th location for CCFaners to want to sign up for in the future..??

Maybe you can help me and I'm sure others understand what the scoop is? Frankly, I don't see a lot of vetran CCF members lining up to come to Texas (which I think is an awesome place in the Spring to hold a CCFan reunion) I'm wondering why?? Are you going to have a registration page etc??

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: May-14-2009 at 8:45pm
Dave,
Those are all excellent questions and I will try to answer them all as follows, but first let me give you some background.

When this thread and the idea of doing the event really started picking up momentum it was decided to make an event shirt would be a good idea. Shortley after that time I had spoken with Keith with questions and ideas that he may have in regards to having a succesful and exciting event somewhat like the one you have had in the past. Keith was very nice and more than willing to to help us, however because this evolved so quickly and because I did not involve Keith soon enough, he could not put commit the "full support" of the site behind it.

Now, let me go into detail. It is not as if Keith did not want to help us; but with all the time and energy it takes to maintain this site and time he had previously committed to two other "official" events, he could not take on another event in the manner he has in the past. In addition, Keith as owner of the website(LLC) has a responcibility to the sponsors and the companies that advertise here at the site; with that being said, he could not commit the website or himself this year to the event. Next "will likely" be an official event with a good responce this year. Keith is still supporting us as he can. I hope this explains the lack of the website logo.

Dave, you are correct in your assumption. There is no question that Texas should be the official 3rd or 4th spot. It is centrally located to other members and there is one the if not the greatest concentration of CC owners in the nation! The weather is great and the water is warm. Correct Craft actually had in the past an annual owners reunion here in South Texas, so it's only a perfect fit.

I cannot think why any vetran members or any members would not "line up to attend", but I would encourage all to do so. As far as the registration page goes, that is something I think Keith or another administrator will have to help with.
I hope this answers your questions, and eases any concerns.

Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: May-15-2009 at 12:47am
Ryan,

GL06' was completely put together without Keith's help and involvement, yet is was the first annual, first run "CCFan Members" Reunion, not Correct Craft Owners reunion.

I hope it all works out and you have a great event, but if you're going all the way to create a T-shirt, you are missing the big picture, and should remember why your SW reunion has gained in quick popularity.

That's all I'll comment about the subject. Thanks for your explaination...

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Date Posted: May-15-2009 at 3:05am
Understand

You should try to attend, airfare should be mininmal?

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: May-15-2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

GL06' was completely put together without Keith's help and involvement, yet is was the first annual, first run "CCFan Members" Reunion, not Correct Craft Owners reunion.

And now there is a waiver. ???

What's up Dave? The river run wasn't anything "ccfan official" either.

-------------

Date Posted: May-15-2009 at 4:04pm
Hey HW....

No big deal......

Remember, the river run wasn't started as a "reunion", as the name of this thread suggests. To pull the CCFan logo off the shirts because of Keith's "non" involvement is silly, that's all..

Hell, it's all good. People getting together, sharing good times while boating in their "N's" is great...

Billy did paid homage to the site on his "rat" shirts.........

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: May-15-2009 at 5:03pm
I just don't know that SN206 decided to pull anything "CCF" off the logo because Keith wasn't officially supporting it. The details of their conversation(s) are a little vague. Lots of things going on with the site lately, not necessarily trying to blame anyone for anything.

Drink some beers and get your shafts wet, hell yeah... then post up the pics of those Texan women thanks!

-------------

Date Posted: May-16-2009 at 2:49am
There's no conspiracy theory or malice intentions, it's all good. Keith is just stretched thin, in fact he has offered to send some goodies for the attendees! Shirts were ordered today too! Thanks again Alan.

-Ryan

-------------

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: May-24-2009 at 11:30pm
Guy's, how come no one is talking anymore about this get together?

And how many CCF members are in Texas?

Just look's dead in here...

Date Posted: May-27-2009 at 12:35am
Dave are you going to make it?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window