Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw Water Pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw Water Pump
    Posted: May-31-2020 at 11:11pm
1985 2001 raw water pump Sherwood G-21 mounted on the port side of engine Right Rotation 351W which way does the cam screw point up or down the pump is almost horizontal. My memory is not real good anymore. I did search for the answer and not being lazy and I found the P.C.M. engine which mounts the pump on the starboard side of the engine and vertical. which say's Right rotation engine's have the cam screw facing out. Thank You for the help Joe
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by 99airwarrior 99airwarrior wrote:

1985 2001 raw water pump Sherwood G-21 mounted on the port side of engine Right Rotation 351W which way does the cam screw point up or down the pump is almost horizontal. My memory is not real good anymore. I did search for the answer and not being lazy and I found the P.C.M. engine which mounts the pump on the starboard side of the engine and vertical. which say's Right rotation engine's have the cam screw facing out. Thank You for the help Joe

If you take the middle drawing in the picture below and rotate the drawing so your inlet and outlet face the correct way, it'll tell you where the screw should be.

For example if the inlet is on the outboard side of the pump and the outlet is facing inboard, rotate the picture 90 degrees to the left and your screw would be facing down                               

99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2020 at 2:47pm
Keno great illustration Thank You Joe
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 99airwarrior 99airwarrior wrote:

Keno great illustration Thank You Joe

It might have been Hollywood that made that.

It's way beyond what I could do
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic