NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sad Day At The Lake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
BRKOUT1K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKOUT1K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2020 at 8:35pm
As Murphy would have it after pulling out that log, I hit one myself yesterday evening and did some good damage to the shaft, prop, and supporting bracket. Dropped it off at the shop for insurance estimate today. With that said, I'm looking for any/all recommendations as i am hoping to have this repaired properly and with any upgrades that might be appropriate. Especially wrt recommendations for a new prop and shaft for the ol' 1995 Ski Nautique.

Thanks to all who continually provide their wisdom!

Brian

OBTW- Any way of changing a screen name...I might need to bump it up to 2.5K
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 12:10pm
For years, Delta Propeller was a CCFAN site sponsor and their was a discount code and with that code they seemed to have the best price on a new prop. Also, when you replace the drive shaft go with a new one from A.R. E it is a Dual Taper shaft which is helpful servicing the coupler in the future. They are available at Discount inboard marine . AKA www.skidim.com. Other outlet have them too. They are about $460.00
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 1:40pm
I boat regularly on Eagle Mountain. Which end did you find your "logs"? North or South end towards the dam?
TWSS
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 10:35pm
Also, it is possible you may have transmission damage. This is why many on CCFAN recommend not getting insurance from a car company. You can get it from someone like Ski Safe. They might be more aware of the damage that can result from a strike where the car people do not have a clue and might not cover unseen damage.

For the record. I would not kick Flo out of bed for eating crackers.

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
BRKOUT1K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKOUT1K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2020 at 1:02am

x marks the spot.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2020 at 2:00am
Originally posted by BRKOUT1K BRKOUT1K wrote:

x marks the spot.

Is this a floating log or a stump on the bottom. As an
Aside, I’m visiting customers within a few miles of your lake and even drove around the lake area. I’ve been told the military wreaked havoc on the water quality of that lake. I love the way it looks at various times of the year. Very nice.
vbatla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbatla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2020 at 8:29pm
A lot has happened during the downtime of the site.

Insurance finally settled. The boat is pending pick up and the trailer has been sold.
Bummer I couldn't reachout to all the pm's but that couldn't be helped. Thank you all for your input and advice. Looking forward to many fun times on the 2002 SANTE.
vbatla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbatla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Originally posted by BRKOUT1K BRKOUT1K wrote:

x marks the spot.

Is this a floating log or a stump on the bottom. As an
Aside, I’m visiting customers within a few miles of your lake and even drove around the lake area. I’ve been told the military wreaked havoc on the water quality of that lake. I love the way it looks at various times of the year. Very nice.

Impact was with a stump and large rock.

Not sure about the water quality, regarding testing. The water has a nice color and is surprisingly clear. More and more boats are coming out. Even sailboats!
frozenskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 12:57pm
Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to give is the numbers on the Insurance Settlement? It would be interesting to see what a 30+ yr old Nautique was valued at.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by vbatla vbatla wrote:

The stringers are perfect. Looks like insurance will total it. 50/50 on rebuild at this point.

Looking at a 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. I like the additional room. How does the wake on the Malibu compare to an 89 Ski Nautique?

My neighbor on the lake has a VLX and although it’s a v-drive, it appears to have a pretty good wake for slalom.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by frozenskier frozenskier wrote:

Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to give is the numbers on the Insurance Settlement? It would be interesting to see what a 30+ yr old Nautique was valued at.

I’ll guess $6800 all in on the payout.
frozenskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 2:52pm
That's pretty impressive. 31 yrs old, probably sold new for around $19000.
vbatla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbatla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Originally posted by frozenskier frozenskier wrote:

I’ll guess $6800 all in on the payout.

Just saw this.  Offer payout was around 9200 with tax
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 12:10pm
Wow $9,200 for a ‘89 you made out very well. 
If I could get $9,200 for my completely restored ‘85 she’d be heading down the road In a heart beat.
vbatla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbatla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2021 at 1:19pm
The purchaser never showed up and backed out of the deal.  The boat is available for 2700.00.  No trailer.  See pics.
Carpet and interior recently redone.  Clean title included. PM with any questions.
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic