Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stringers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stringers
    Posted: December-05-2019 at 10:36pm
Wondering if any one could recommend some one for stringer replacement around the pa md area. Looking to talk to some one to get a rough Idea on price. New to the boat world and hate to go to some one with out a recommendation.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 9:19am
welcome! if your a handy person give it a go yourself. most boats wont be worth what you will have invested. true labor of love!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

welcome! if your a handy person give it a go yourself. most boats wont be worth what you will have invested. true labor of love!

Plus 1

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
83sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 2:30pm
Thanks for the advice. I might try myself I believe I could do it just know nothing about it as of now. Hah
rolleronariver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolleronariver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by 83sn 83sn wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I might try myself I believe I could do it just know nothing about it as of now. Hah

It's definitely not rocket science. Just measure everything, take lots of pictures, and don't cut corners. You're probably going to pay a little more for quality material but it's worth it. You'll go through some tools too. It takes time, so just be patient. There's tons of tips on this site! I did mine several years ago and was able to accomplish it with all of the tips given. I really like our boat so it was worth it to me.
92 Sport nautique
83sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2019 at 8:52am
I really like my boat as well and i am in it for cheap money so it's worth fixing to know what I have in the end. How long did it take you to do it? If I decided to do it it will be over winter but really don't want to tie my shop up all winter with the boat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic