Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need motor box hinges for first gen mustang/skier
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need motor box hinges for first gen mustang/skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
andrewskiii180 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewskiii180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need motor box hinges for first gen mustang/skier
    Posted: August-04-2019 at 7:34pm
Looking for an original pair of motor cover hinge/brackets for my 1970 Skier! Let me know if you have any for sale! Thanks!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2019 at 7:55pm
Andrew,
Here's some reading from a fairly recent thread. Do check Fishermans Supply.
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Looking for a 70's vintage motor box hinge, something like this.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Larry,
Those Perko strap hinges aren't easy to find anymore. They were prone to breaking across the screw hole closest to the hinge pin and consequently I feel the reason for a design change.

Fisheries supply lists them Make sure you select the 6 hole. Don't be shocked with the $$$$

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pete,

That is exactly what happened to mine. I saw similar at West marine (where the photo came from) and they are equally proud. I was thinking like 12 bucks. I did this search a year or two ago and seem to recall the similar replacements dont have the holes in the exact same places as the originals.

Thanks Bill. Appreciate your looking.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic