Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery relocation 1980 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gmars70970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmars70970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery relocation 1980 ski nautique
    Posted: July-21-2019 at 6:09am
Sorry for all the questions but im finally back into my restoration and want to get it finished this year.

Ive read that some people have moved the battery location when doing a stringer job. Does anybody have pics of where they moved it to ?

Thanks
Graeme
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2019 at 3:25pm
I owned a 1978 SN, I did not relocate but found a smaller battery that fit sideways in the factory box, I then purchased 2 of these so I could run dual batteries. Once you have been stranded on a lake due to a dead battery it adds a lot of peace of mind to have a second battery. Between the two I had 1000 CCA so lots of extra power available. If I remember correctly the two small batteries were cheap so it cost less than buying one large battery. Add a selector switch and you always have a spare on tap ready to go.
Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmars70970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2019 at 5:17pm
Thanks Mark

I'll probably just keep the battery box in the same location, unless theres a reason for moving it that i dont know about πŸ€”

I'll look into the battery's your talking about also πŸ‘

Graeme
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2019 at 8:28pm
[QUOTE=gmars70970] Thanks Mark

I'll probably just keep the battery box in the same location, unless theres a reason for moving it that i dont know about πŸ€”

I put the battery under the dash in front of my feet in a box on my 1`979SN. The old battery box became a drink cooler. Foamed it in when doing the decks. That thing can hold 12 drink cans and a 10# bag of ice. More weight fwd the better on that boat too.

Didn't get to the boat today or I would have taken a picture of it.

My seating ain't exactly stock though.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2019 at 12:46pm
Similar to above, I relocated battery on my '81. Put it behind driver's toe board by cutting a chunk out of the foam.
Now I have an in-floor cooler, although observers seat sits on lid.
Also utilize a Odyssey P 925 battery-smaller, lighter. Will get pic up today.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2019 at 7:13pm
My Mustang also has the battery forward, cut into the foam ahead of the toe board. I hadn't thought of using the stock box as a cooler. Glad I checked in here.
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmars70970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2019 at 9:39pm
Cheers guys πŸ‘

Now thinking i could move the battery to where you've moved yours and just do away with the old battery box. Or i could make it into some sort of safe storage area for wallets, car keys etc
Not much need for cool box's here in Scotland 🀣🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🌦
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 12:28pm
After cutting and shaping, before glass work. Fits Odyssey PC925 battery.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmars70970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

After cutting and shaping, before glass work. Fits Odyssey PC925 battery.

Looks good πŸ‘πŸ‘

Think i'll go down this route πŸ‘Œ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic