Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something's burning

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
19892001Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19892001Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2019 at 7:24pm
On another note; saw a little drip coming from the RWP. There's only one gasket going in there, right? It's leaking on the other side of the metal plate, not where the impeller goes. Do I just have to tighten the bolts some more? Or did I forget to put another gasket in there..? Don't think I've ever put 2 in, as far as I recall...[/QUOTE]

There is a O ring in the RWP as well.
Slalom - you can surf, jump, trick, wakeboard, barefoot if you want
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2019 at 7:27pm
Should be one gasket between the wear plate and the front housing and the Oring seal.
Each new impeller I have purchased came with the Oring and a selection of gaskets to work with a variety of pumps.

If my exhaust risors were hot I would park it and figure out why or you will be spending money on repairs that could be avoided.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2019 at 11:29pm
I’m wondering if the pump is sucking air somewhere and reducing the output to the manifolds. Even a small leak can really wreak havoc. Is there a strainer and is it sealed tight with no bubbles present in the clear container?
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2019 at 2:08am
A leak test would be easy to rule it out. Just remove the inlet hose from the bottom of the boat and put a garden hose in the inlet. If the manifolds cool off you have an intake issue.

If they do not cool off you have a blockage keeping water from reaching the exhaust manifolds.

With the intake hose off you can also put it inside a 5 gallon bucket of water and see how long your engine takes to drain the bucket. There have been posts about this on this forum that tell you how long it normally takes if you have a good suction at your Raw Water Pump.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic