Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poor idle

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
bfootr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by bfootr bfootr wrote:

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Assuming they don't want the bad one back, why don't you remove the housing and see what the diaphragm looks like.

A picture would be good.

The bad ones seem to have a shiny diaphragm ( a neoprene coating over fabric) that peels and cracks easily.

Glad they're sending a new one to ya'

Will do and will post back findings and a pic. Thanks!

Keno - Looks like you were correct. As requested, here's a pic of the defective diaphragm. Mind you, this pump has only 3 trips out on it and is the 3rd (and final) Carter pump I've installed in since Dec). Fortunately (I guess), I only paid for the first one. We'll see how long this one lasts although my expectations are low.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by bfootr bfootr wrote:

Keno - Looks like you were correct. As requested, here's a pic of the defective diaphragm. Mind you, this pump has only 3 trips out on it and is the 3rd (and final) Carter pump I've installed in since Dec). Fortunately (I guess), I only paid for the first one. We'll see how long this one lasts although my expectations are low.

That looks very familiar

Just tell yourself the third time is the charm
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2019 at 8:30pm
May I ask if you are running any additives in the gas? Are you running oxygenated gas?
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic