Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Manual 351w rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manual 351w rebuild
    Posted: June-07-2019 at 5:24pm
I had bought a project supra back on December, I have had the motor rebuilt but cannot find a rebuild manual for a 92 351w standard rotation. My main concern is the front as I can get torque specs for rest of motor. Called Indmar no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I was at a salvage auction back in Dec, it sucked me in for 2k. Boat is in great shape but motor had spun a bearing.
79 nautique 93 nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by skirunt skirunt wrote:

I had bought a project supra back on December, I have had the motor rebuilt but cannot find a manual for a 92 351w standard rotation. My main concern is the front as I can get torque specs for rest of motor. Called Indmar no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I was at a salvage auction back in Dec, it sucked me in for 2k. Boat is in great shape but motor had spun a bearing.

I'm not sure what your main concern is from what you have typed but if you look in the reference section here on CCF you'll find more than a couple of manuals for 351w's and the torque specs and pieces parts didn't really change over the years and the RH and LH engines had the same torque specs too.

So what info are you looking for?
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 8:52pm
Thks Keno. I am looking for specs or diagram of front of motor. There used to be rebuild manuals available. It would handy to have as I took the motor apart 6 mths ago.
79 nautique 93 nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2019 at 11:17pm
This may be a little silly of me, but are you sure it's a 351 Indmar.

Back then Supra was using PCM Ford engines and if my foggy memory and vast collection of Water Ski Mags remembers right they went to Indmar fuel injected Chevy engines , mixed in with the carbed and fuel injected PCM Fords that they had used for many years in the mid 90's. and didn't offer Indmar Fords.

Maybe somebody put an Indmar Ford in it at some point in time.

Easiest way to recognize an Indmar Ford other than maybe the name on a valve cover or something is the Raw Water Pump is crankshaft mounted and the alternator is in about the same spot as the 351 PCM Raw Water Pump.

There are a handful of other differences , but the ones mentioned are the easiest to check

Just askin'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic