Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RPM lost at 2800 PCM Pro Boss GT40 Ski Nautique 96
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RPM lost at 2800 PCM Pro Boss GT40 Ski Nautique 96

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 10:45am
With warm oil at 3300RPM. In neutral it goes something close to 4psi.

In the engine manual it says that the engine goes in limp mode under 5psi thats what i dont understand because in neutral it shows under 5psi, so is the limp active on cruising or is ok in neutral when it goes near to 4psi
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 10:52am
The picture shows a little over 40 psi , did you mean to say 40 or 4 ?

Edit I think you're saying the picture is at 3300 rpm and you have a little over 40 psi but at idle it drops to 4 or so. That's on the low side at idle

If pressure is less than 5 psi and you hit about 2700 to 2800 rpm, you'll go into limp mode.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 10:57am
You could put on a temporary mechanical gauge to verify pressure.

What are you using for oil?
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 11:00am
Im not sure about those pressure numbers. In manual there is written 5psi but my gauge shows much more than 5 so i thaught it has to be on 50 then.

Or is it really meant to have 5psi? So then im far away of this number 🙈😅 wich would be perfect. Sorry for my newbie questions 😅
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 11:05am
The 5 in the manual is right.

It sounds like you're good but you have a bad oil pressure switch which you already figured out
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 11:07am
Oh man 🙈🙈🙈 all clear thx for the explanation im far away of bad pressure 😂😂😂
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 11:27am
If you're saying your idle is way over 5 and you have 40 plus PSI at 3300 rpm.......all's good
bthorsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bthorsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2019 at 4:06pm
I'm reading this post as I have the engine stumble when above 2800 rpm issue... my boat runs great otherwise and starts right up.

So regarding the 2 sensors, oil and water which are tan/black wires,, if I disconnect both and leave the circuits open, this will send a "good" message to the ECM that systems are ok and boat will run correctly. Conversely, connecting either or both wires to ground would put the system in LIMP mode. Is that correct?
Basler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2019 at 4:11pm
Yes i think this is correct. I released both circuits and everything runs great now. I ordered both sensors but didnt had the time to install those yet. Still driving with the disconnected sensors 🙈 but everything is fine. I always check the gauges so im sure there is no faulth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic