NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What would you do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
poecs13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poecs13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2020 at 7:54am
Great question, forgot about the 2 vs 4 hole thing.

I ended up talking to a guy at Summit Racing about that and he said that from what he knew the two vs four hole thing shouldn't make a difference as the computer would compensate for it. Every injector for the LQ4 that they had in stock was a two-hole (they pulled every compatible injector from the warehouse so we could inspect them). The only place I could find four-hole injectors was on Amazon from refurb manufacturers and the reviews weren't particularly positive. And especially since the official PCM one that I ordered from Miami Nautique was also two hole, I began to think that perhaps the motor was supposed to have the two-hole design in the first place and somewhere in the boat's history someone swapped them for the cheap four-hole injectors on Amazon.

I ended up going with these injectors from Summit. Yes they were remanufactured, but I didn't want to drop $1000 on a set of brand new injectors if it didn't resolve the issue. And I figured if Summit carried them then they must be decent. Since they did end up resolving the issue, I figure that if the refurbed injectors don't last too long, then I can commit to a new set of AC Delcos.

A little crazy to think that the engine rebuild and all of the heartache could have been avoided with some new injectors. ah well. Live and learn!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic