NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaterSki Magazine -- Gone?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaterSki Magazine -- Gone?
    Posted: February-24-2019 at 11:03am
I've had a subscription to WaterSki magazine for many years. My subscription expired last year, but then Boating magazine showed up in my mailbox. I didn't think much of it, and I assumed that it was a "free trial subscription". Well, I attempted to renew my subscription, on-line, but all my queries ended up at www.boatingmag.com/watersports

Then I found a FaceBook page called "WaterSki Magazine". At this point, I'm assuming that the print copy of WaterSki mag is no more.

Now what? Where am I going to read about Moomba wakeboard boats and "Real Estate For Sale" at Florida water-ski communities, or the latest Air-Head towables?

Seriously, I really enjoyed the print version of WS mag. Bummer.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 11:24am
Miss it too. Any boating magazine has like 1 interesting article every 5 issues. Last month did have a nice article about show skiing. I need to figure out how to turn off my auto-renew.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 7:14pm
Sign of the times. Not just water ski but pretty much all print media. Going the way of buggy whips and 8 tracks. Newspapers and magazines. Most magazines now are either about 10 pages thick (when was the last time you looked at a time or newsweek) or nothing but ads, like the home and garden types.
Kjerchinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjerchinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2019 at 11:17pm
Took me awhile to realize WS Mag is gone too..
As an AWSA member, (75.00 a year) I do get a free subscription to “The Water Skier”..
This magehas all the latest stars of the sport, how to articles and such., as well as tournament results.
Not sure you can get it without a membership.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2019 at 2:12am
Yup, Water Ski closed shop last year. I'm wondering how long these "Boating" magazines will keep coming to me. I do enjoy issues of Water Skier now. Good to support the sport by being a USAWS&WS member.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic