NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Lift

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Lift
    Posted: February-16-2019 at 2:44pm
Hi, had problems finding a cantilever boat lift over here so I built one myself, just wonder if anybody tell me what is the best material to use for the bunks, have looked at some Shoremaster lifts here in the uk and the later ones seem to use timber but not been able to investigate too close as they are covered with carpet and nobody at the lake to ask as we are closed until next month, its for a 1997 196 if that makes any difference.
Cheers
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 4:09pm
Dave,
You must have pressure treated lumber for rot resistance over there correct? That's what is typically used here.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 4:15pm
Yeh, I figured that's the timber to use, do you think 2 x 6 would be ok
Barefoot Gramp's
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 6:25pm
Dave,
A 2x6 may or may not work. It depends on how it's mounted and how much support it has. How about posting some pictures. I'd love to see what you came up with anyway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 8:59pm
If you use wood take a look at Accoya treated timber we use here in Europe.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

If you use wood take a look at Accoya treated timber we use here in Europe.

Roger,
I see it's also available in the states! I'm going to have to do some more research on it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2019 at 3:24am
Morning Guys, 06; 30 Sunday here, will post pics later today when it gets light, basically took all dims from another well known make and re produced in my garage using a chop saw and pillar drill . plated and bolted all joints as you will see and then took to an engineering company just up the road and had it welded. Now to start on the canopy, this should be fun as I have bought a new tig welder and going to teach myself to weld so I can do all of it, could take some time as I an aware of the problems with welding ally. just made sure anything that was going to lift the boat was welded by professionals. sorry going on too much now. will send pics ;ater today

Cheers

Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2019 at 3:47am
Wow, just looked at accoya, 50mm x 150mm x 3.4 mtr nearly £300 may use u secton ally.
plenty of time, will keep on searching.
Cheers
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2019 at 2:28pm
Sorry guys having problems uploading photos, will keep trying
cheers
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2019 at 10:15am
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2019 at 3:40pm
Very good my friend you got it in one.
Barefoot Gramp's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic