Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1974 mustang Exhaust Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Texas Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1974 mustang Exhaust Manifold
    Posted: September-09-2018 at 2:48am
I've followed several threads on the sight and have not had any success to date on my latest issue, or the threads are dated so i'm assuming those that were once available are no longer out there. I'm looking for exhaust manifolds for my 74 mustang (a PCM Ford 302). Any ideas of where to look? I'd rather not get brand new ones if possible. I'm not a boat restorer but I have a lot of work to do with the engine and the hull of this classic i picked up several months ago.

Any help would be appreciated! will try to get some pics uploaded.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2018 at 9:53am
You might want to get those pictures of the manifolds you're looking for. uploaded

If they're PCM they're still readily available.and you' be better off with new than some 40 or so year old stuff.

In 74 though, PCM didn't quite exist yet on their own, they were a division of Waukesha

The manifolds were the same though if they're the pyramid style.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2018 at 10:00am
Do they look like the ones in these pictures borrowed from an old thread ?

Or were they some earlier version maybe?

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by nautique78 nautique78 wrote:

Does anyone have some good pictures or the paint color of the factory engine color for my 76 Tique with a PCM motor? I also need the color the exhaust manifolds.

This was discussed very recently in this thread. I believe the correct colors for a '78 Waukesha/PCM would be the dark blue and bright green.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Does it look similar to one of these?

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 10:15pm
I have a pair of manifolds and risers that are an aftermarket version of original PCM 302/351 manifolds and risers. I believe they were made by Osco Motors. They were on a boat for about 30 t0 50 engine hours of operation in fresh water, so you could say they are in new condition. I would sell them for half of retail price plus shipping, and I can order an "installation kit" that has all of the hardware needed to install them, including the gaskets for cylinder head to manifold and manifold to risers. You can look on www.skidim.com or on www.nautiqueparts..com for descriptions and pricing.   If you are interested, please post here or "private message" me.
"Art"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 2:34pm
Greetings, thanks for the responses. I had to put the restoration project aside for several months but am back to working on it again. Art I am interested in the pair of manifolds but want to ensure they're the right fit. Can you send pics? or PM me?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 2:36pm
Thanks Keno, Yes, they look like the ones in the pics, but I don't have the ones that came off the engine for a reference. I wish i could pull off a serial number or something to make sure i knew exactly what i was looking for or needed.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Texas Mustang Texas Mustang wrote:

Thanks Keno, Yes, they look like the ones in the pics, but I don't have the ones that came off the engine for a reference. I wish i could pull off a serial number or something to make sure i knew exactly what i was looking for or needed.

If you're thinking about the Osco manifolds that Art has .................they'll fit
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:33pm
One thing about the Osco manifolds is that they have 4 hex headed bolts per side instead of 8 Allen headed bolts like the PCM manifolds.

Never had any leakage issues because of this and the bolts are easier to access.

Ok 2 things

Plug access is a little harder, you need to use a box end wrench to break them loose and to do the final tightening.

A spark plug socket has clearance issues on some of the plugs.

Once you do the plugs once, it's pretty easy with the box end wrench
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Texas Mustang Texas Mustang wrote:

Greetings, thanks for the responses. I had to put the restoration project aside for several months but am back to working on it again. Art I am interested in the pair of manifolds but want to ensure they're the right fit. Can you send pics? or PM me?

Yes, I still have the manifolds and risers that TRB referred to above. Would be happy to have the space they are taking up on my shelf. As mentioned earlier, I can get you the installation kit from PCM that includes the gaskets, bolts, and all hardware needed to mount them on the engine.
"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:50pm
I have been working with PCM engines since the Waukesha days and I have never seen a change in the design or shape of the exhaust manifolds. I will go double-check, but I'm quite confident that the ones I have are the 8-bolt per side, exactly like the PCM. Also I do think that PCM has started packing stainless steel bolts in the installation kits, so no issues with them rusting in place, as long as you put some Never-Seize on them when you install.
Now, if someone will coach me on how to post a photo here, I will be happy to send one. I have never posted one. Very low on computer skills.
"Art"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

I have been working with PCM engines since the Waukesha days and I have never seen a change in the design or shape of the exhaust manifolds. I will go double-check, but I'm quite confident that the ones I have are the 8-bolt per side, exactly like the PCM. Also I do think that PCM has started packing stainless steel bolts in the installation kits, so no issues with them rusting in place, as long as you put some Never-Seize on them when you install.
Now, if someone will coach me on how to post a photo here, I will be happy to send one. I have never posted one. Very low on computer skills.

I think you're right Art, don't bother checking

They (Osco) made both styles, the PCM with 8 bolts and the Indmar replacements with 4 bolts

I have the Indmar version but it was easy to find the PCM version like you have right after I posted
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 4:16pm
Thanks, Keno! Now that you pointed that out, I recall seeing a 4-bolt set at one time. I never had much contact with Indmars.
"Art"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic