Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Damaged :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2018 at 5:01pm
We'll see what happens.

Comprehensive claim, not collision. That can make a difference.
Sold - 1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
Current - 1996 - MC Prostar 205
I keep doing this wrong.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2018 at 5:10pm
Well, I know you will not get your 25% discount for having no claims...

Need pictures of your repairs!
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 10:18am
The Supra sold in a week.
Buyer came from Spokane. Had 2 back ups, one of which pursued the buyer to make an offer.
The entry level ski boat market is hot.

Here is the damaged side cleaned up.

Wife and I came up with a small list of replacement candidates. Had to be open bow, composite construction and fuel injected. List consisted of MC Prostar 205, Sport Nautique, and another Sunsport. Had to be excellent condition, low hours, known history, etc. I was willing to travel 500 miles for a nice boat.

Found this Sport I really liked. It was priced pretty high, but only had 189 hours and was being sold by the original owner. Ended up being to far away.

Then found this 1996 Prostar 205 out of McCall, ID. Second owner since 2009, 360 hours, all records, stored inside, etc. Seller had not planned to sell but came across a '00 205 with 120 hours he could not pass up. We met him at Payette Lake, ID. Had a successful inspection and water test and made the deal. We had 3 205s on the water at one point. This one, his new one and his law partners '00 he had bought new.

Ended up staying there for the long weekend. Wife had a college friend that was there as well. Spend Sunday on Payette Lake. Really pretty area. Towed 480 miles home with no issues. Hoping nice weather holds through September.

I keep doing this wrong.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 11:00am
Sounds like things are going your way. Easy sale, great new purchase/boat, coupled with a great weekend on the water.... What do they say? Every set back is a new opportunity, or something like that. Enjoy the rest of your summer with the new tug.
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 11:47am
Nice boat, congrats all around on making it happen!

That MC looks very clean.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 1:02am
Nice find. I think the one that was too far away from you is fairly close to me.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Nice find. I think the one that was too far away from you is fairly close to me.

Yes it is in NE.
I keep doing this wrong.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 12:54pm
Good looking boat
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 2:56pm
BUT, BUT, BUT......... a Mastercraft???
Went to the dark side.
Hope it works out well for you.
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 6:24pm
LOL I did. We don't have enough boating experience to have strong brand loyalty.
It seems any forum you go to thinks their brand is the best.
Had many discussions with friends who are life long boaters. Most felt all the brands have their pluses and minuses. They felt we couldn't go wrong with any of the boats on our list.

Sport Nautique
Prostar 205
Malibu Sunsetter LXi

There aren't many of these boat around here. So lots of shopping and test driving were out. We limited our search circle to 500 miles and decided to let condition and confidence in the seller guide us. I think we did well. The seller is OCD, they kind of person you want to buy a boat or car from. After a little clean up at home the boat is really in excellent condition.    The little bit we've used it the boat feels very solid. I hope it holds up well.

The MC forum is pretty good. Not like here though. I'm much more interested in restoration, maintenance and preservation than discussing new boat features.
So I'll stick around here.
I'll be the only guy wearing a CC shirt on a MC.   
I keep doing this wrong.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 9:34pm
But Poorhouse, those other forum guys are wrong. Nautique is the best!
Glad you found a boat you like that fits your needs.
I do all my own repairs on my equipment and the Correct Crafts I have worked on always show quality in each and every detail. That is what brought me back into the fold.
Our Ski group has a Malibu, a Supra, a Mastercraft a Nautique and a Jet boat. I have turned wrenches on all of them.   Nautiques are pretty well sorted out although the other boats all had features I liked.
Poorhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poorhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2018 at 10:45am
That is the type of experience I don't have. Although reading things like that had me gravitate toward CC and MC.

Great first outing on our local lake. Had some of the best ski runs of my life.
Although I did manage to end up on my butt on a hard wake crossing. Suit ended up around my armpits - uncomfortable.

I keep doing this wrong.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2018 at 7:09pm
cool truck...nice lookin' garage too.

was that a small camper in the one picture?

nice find on the boat.....good story. nice to see someone make out ok vs. the insurance companies

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic