Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Temp gauge pegged

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
amzoeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amzoeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temp gauge pegged
    Posted: July-02-2018 at 12:33am
Hello CCF folks! I have an 02 Air with GT-40 and noticed last week that my temp gauge was pegged at 240F. Immediately killed the engine and opened up the cover to have a look. Everything seemed fine, manifolds were even cool to the touch. So I looked at the gauge again only to see 240, even when powered off. Still reads it now, several days later while sitting on the trailer. Is this as simple as a bad gauge?

Thanks!
AZ
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 8:06am
You could test the gauge and you could test the sender, but if it's pegged at 240 with the ignition off, sitting on the trailer it would have to be the gauge that's bad.

amzoeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amzoeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 8:42am
Thanks Keno. Removed it completely last night, still reads over 200 sitting in my kitchen. Guess it's time for a new gauge!
AZ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic