NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is it worth????

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it worth????
    Posted: June-17-2018 at 10:19am
A friend of a friend has a 2009 SN he needs to sell. The owner can't ski anymore and the boat has been sitting outdoors partially covered. The engine has been severely overheated, as in run dry for long enough to have melted the plastic cover. The trailer is in good shape. I need to have an idea what it's worth as-is. It's in the Fort Pierce, FL area. He would like to know what is a reasonable asking price.
Those who have my email address, send ideas there if you want.
"Art"
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 2:51pm
Try Jody Seal at Florida Inboards, sounds like his cup of tea since it likely already has ZO.
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

A friend of a friend has a 2009 SN he needs to sell. The owner can't ski anymore and the boat has been sitting outdoors partially covered. The engine has been severely overheated, as in run dry for long enough to have melted the plastic cover. The trailer is in good shape. I need to have an idea what it's worth as-is. It's in the Fort Pierce, FL area. He would like to know what is a reasonable asking price.
Those who have my email address, send ideas there if you want.

Hey Art - Can't help you with this but wanted to say HI!! I hope to contact you in the next 3-4 weeks with pictures of our '78 Ski Tique. Once we get it over to Reid to paint some engine parts, we'll be roll'in it out!! Couldn't have done this without the help and support from you and the CCF people!!
My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 6:07pm
Just taking a stab, but a cursory look for low hour 2009 SN 196's would seem to indicate around a 30-35k boat. If the motor is shot, easy enough to deduct that number, as well as what interior pieces it needs. Doesn't take long to trash an interior on an uncovered boat in Florida.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2018 at 6:44pm
Art, any pictures? Open bow? Closed bow. Color combination? And what was the circumstances for the over heating?
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 11:01am
Will post photos when I get them, probably today. Here's the story: A friend of mine is helping out a former skier who owns the boat and is now suffering from dementia. One day he decided to go for a "boat ride" and went to his boat and started it up, either on its lift or its trailer, and went for his "boat ride" . No cooling water, but I guess he enjoyed his ride until the smoke started. No fire, just a severely over heated engine.
Art
"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 11:09am
Hi, Susan, I"ve been wondering how the boat project is going. Glad to hear that it's still underway. Please send a photo of the maiden voyage! Did North Lake live up to their expectations?
"Art"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 1:34pm

Hi, Susan, I"ve been wondering how the boat project is going. Glad to hear that it's still underway. Please send a photo of the maiden voyage! Did North Lake live up to their expectations?

Walt at North Lake Fiberglass on Lake Norman has been AWESOME! He has been VERY patient with me as I have blindly coasted through this process. I will hold out on providing a final critique until we get it back in the water and it doesn't sink!

I have been taking notes along the way and have learned a lot. I plan to post a story and pictures to update everyone for sure!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 2:23pm

Please send a photo of the maiden voyage!    

Susan, Also, I fully expect to see it (and you) at Badinfest in October.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Please send a photo of the maiden voyage!    

Susan, Also, I fully expect to see it (and you) at Badinfest in October.

We would LOVE that. I saw some of the pictures from last year and it looked like a blast. We're only 90 mins drive!   
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Just taking a stab, but a cursory look for low hour 2009 SN 196's would seem to indicate around a 30-35k boat. If the motor is shot, easy enough to deduct that number, as well as what interior pieces it needs. Doesn't take long to trash an interior on an uncovered boat in Florida.

I asked the friend of the owner to take a hot battery over there and see whether the engine will even turn over. If it's not seized, there is a good chance that it can be saved. The rings are probably collapsed, but beyond that, it's just hoses, impeller, maybe wiring harness. Photos are supposed to be here today. I might end up putting everyone who is interested in touch with the friend who is helping the owner sell it.
Art
"Art"
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 8:04pm
It would be good to know if it turns over. Lack of cooling could be better than oil if the exhaust hoses did their job and melted to shut the thing off.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Bad motor, partially covered 10 year old boat is a lot like a salvage boat. If the drain plug is in and it’s full of water, it’s not such a simple decision.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

It would be good to know if it turns over. Lack of cooling could be better than oil if the exhaust hoses did their job and melted to shut the thing off.

Peter,
You must have missed this regarding exhaust hose collapsing. Unless the boat was build with 3 year old hose, the requirements changed in 06.

Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I went back and tried to look up the facts.   What I learned is the Law has Changed.
SAE Spec J2006R2 which I assume was an update done in 2006 changed the requirement for the Inner Wall of Marine Exhaust Hose.   It now states the hose must be designed to withstand 2 full minutes of direct exhaust without burn through.
There is a second standard for Commercial Boats with Standard SAE J1942 which I could not find the wording for.
Third there are the ABYC Safety Standards that must be met.
All seem to follow the 2006 Law for 2 minute direct dry exhaust no burn through standard.

Mark

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Peter,
You must have missed this regarding exhaust hose collapsing. Unless the boat was build with 3 year old hose, the requirements changed in 06.

Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I went back and tried to look up the facts.   What I learned is the Law has Changed.
SAE Spec J2006R2 which I assume was an update done in 2006 changed the requirement for the Inner Wall of Marine Exhaust Hose.   It now states the hose must be designed to withstand 2 full minutes of direct exhaust without burn through.
There is a second standard for Commercial Boats with Standard SAE J1942 which I could not find the wording for.
Third there are the ABYC Safety Standards that must be met.
All seem to follow the 2006 Law for 2 minute direct dry exhaust no burn through standard.

Mark

Did not see anything in this thread about the hoses not collapsing or new rules but sure seems like they might have saved the engine. One big question based on the location of the boat is “brackish or salt water use”. I’m not familiar with the waterway in Saint Lucie but it looks like fresh water.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 10:01pm

Did not see anything in this thread about the hoses not collapsing or new rules but sure seems like they might have saved the engine. .

You didn't see it in this thread because it's in this thread from 3 days ago Saving the engine from restricting exhaust flow is debatable in my opinion.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Did not see anything in this thread about the hoses not collapsing or new rules but sure seems like they might have saved the engine. .

You didn't see it in this thread because it's in this thread from 3 days ago Saving the engine from restricting exhaust flow is debatable in my opinion.

Ha! I snooze I lose! I gotta watch out for those threads!!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 12:11am
Just because it's not mandatory doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 11:06pm
I have an email with 18 photos of various close views of the boat. Please send me your email address via PM or post here. If you already have my email address or cell phone number, please send it there.
Art
"Art"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic