NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994 Ski nautique Pro Boss, Pro Tec

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sandro.zaal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 Ski nautique Pro Boss, Pro Tec
    Posted: April-17-2018 at 6:08am
Hi

Here is two links, which will enplane the problem much better then me:)))

Click Here:

Since, Ive changed injectors, my boat is making these strange things. The torque is moving up and down slightly, the sound of outcomig air is coming from the idle air control (which is new). Ive tried to move throttle Position sensor slightly, but it did not help.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 9:45am
Don't know much about the Pro Boss EFI, sure does not sound too good though.
Giving your thread a bump so maybe some of the smart guys can help a comrade out.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 5:51pm
Idle fluctuation is similar to what mine was doing with a bad IAC, though it never had the air leak that yours appears to have. Sort of makes sense if there is a gasket or hose leak associated with the IAC, it won't be getting the proper vacuum, probably intermittently, causing the problem. I'd check the vac hose and connections very thoroughly and double check the IAC gasket. If you didn't clean the mesh screen in the throttle body when the IAC was installed do that as well. Worth a shot anyway
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 12:30am
Where did you get the injectors? I have (had) a 1994 Pro Boss EFI throttle body engine. I had one injector fail and I spent several weeks looking for replacement injectors. I was told by several people (PCM, Skidim, Holley) that the injectors were no longer available (NLA). Eventually the Pro-Tech failed and I converted the engine to carburetor and HEI distributor ignition. The conversion was not too hard to do and the engine runs now like a scolded dog.

The sounds that your engine is making on the video is not something that my engine ever exhibited. Sorry, I'm no real help there...
JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 3:40am
Guys from support@nautiqueparts.com helped me to make purchase. Many thanks to them. You can text directly to them or to PCM and they will help, in case you need. Replacement was very very easy and engine works perfectly. Unfortunately, still having a problem with idle. I aslo was advised to go for carb. My boat is so fresh and goodlookng, with only 480hours, that Im really passionate to make it work like it was when I bought it.
Thanks for support.:)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 3:42am
Thanks.! I will go through these steps and let you know.
2001Sunsport View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001Sunsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2018 at 2:37pm
I believe my old ProTec equipped boat had a similar issue along with a high idle. For some reason the throttle blades were really chewed up and I had a bad IAC. Replaced both of those and it idled at a normal speed without any fluctuation.

Try spraying some carb cleaner around the base of the throttle body (outside, not into the bores) and see if you have another air leak somewhere. Could be the gasket between it and the intake manifold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic