Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Depth Sounder Placement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scorban2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorban2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depth Sounder Placement
    Posted: April-14-2018 at 7:58pm
All,

I know there's some other threads on here about where folks have mounted depth sounders, but I haven't come across any for the TSC1's. I'm using the airmar sounder that has a base siliconed to the hull, and then is filled with antifreeze, so it's a bit bigger than the small ones that are expoxied down. I also need a flat surface for the ~2.5" base to mount.

I was planning to mount it somewhere between the transmission and the stuffing box, but I cannot find many good areas back there. The only area I can find that's free and flat puts one of the screws under the trans. The other place I found was up on the front left side of the engine, roughly under the fuel pump (to the left and just ahead of the plug). Any issues with mounting it there that you can think of? Its ahead of the water intake, but should be in the water 99% of the time, as it's behind the tracking fins. Are there other good spots on the TSC1s?

Picture of the sounder in the 2 locations attached.

flyfishdelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyfishdelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2018 at 2:22pm
have you made a decision? I'm thinking I need to add one as well. haven't even looked for a good location yet.
Fly
1993 project -now-
1993 ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic