NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique Redesign - 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:18am
Isn't part of the boat carbon fiber?
Tim D
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Cannot tell if there are lifting rings, don't see anything on the bow?

Just might have to use the old school method lifting I/O's and O/B's. That's a strap through the bow eye on the stem to the hook.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Cannot tell if there are lifting rings, don't see anything on the bow? What are they going to connect their extended pylons to ??

They list the lift ring spacing as 18' 7" in the specifications so its got to be there somewhere...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

Isn't part of the boat carbon fiber?

They say the construction is a mixture of fiberglass and carbon fiber, I would suspect that means they use carbon fiber strategically in the hull to reduce the number of layers of glass/thickness of resin to keep the weight down for the same strength. Don't know if any parts are 100% carbon fiber.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2018 at 11:54am
Or it means they used it as trim on the dash or control
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2018 at 12:22am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

They list the lift ring spacing as 18' 7" in the specifications so its got to be there somewhere...

Nice youtube video that shows/ explains a lot but they don't mention the lifting rings. At first viewing I thought I saw two of them, one on either side of the windshield but watching it again I see those are the mounting points for the front bimini poles.   The boat is 20' LOA without the platform and you can see the stern rings in the transom so the bow lifting point has to be 17" short of the front. Perhaps Pete is right and they are using a bow sling of sorts??

Anyway, the video does showcase a lot of the new innovations and cool features:    video

JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

36 is too old for wakeboarding I agree with him - after 35 one should concentrate on barefooting, slalom, trick, and hydrofoil. Most are harder than wakeboarding but none have beaten me up like wakeboarding. Maybe once a year now I will wakeboard with ballast and if I survive the session without adding to my repetitive brain injury total then I end up with knees that are swollen and killing me for a week .

Absolutely, basically everyone I knew that was a pretty serious wakeboarder has had knee/shoulder/back/ankle surgeries. Not worth it. Barefooting hurts sometimes for a short amount of time but otherwise is pretty easy on the body with all of the thrills.

Just dive into the water at 25 mph with a 4x8 strapped to your feet. Yay, you're wakeboard crashing.

My nephew (39) must not have gotten the memo. (last fall)

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

[

My nephew (39) must not have gotten the memo. (last fall)

]

You should make sure to let him know before its too late
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 11:09am
Truth be told, he is pretty banged up and has really scaled back. Of course landing on his head one too many times snowboarding in a similar fashion didnt help either. In fact, I was surprised to see this video which just surfaced a day or so ago. He does seem to spend more of his time surfing now. (and in the winter kite boarding, or whatever you call it, out on the ice) Gotta give him credit tho. He is/was a pretty solid wakeboarder and could get more air off a unweighted ski boat wake than anyone I have ever seen.

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2018 at 4:20pm
Is Dougie rippin behind the new 2019 Ski Nautique?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic