NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1981 "20th anniversary" sn ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1981 "20th anniversary" sn ?
    Posted: December-05-2017 at 1:49am
Know that '81 marked 20th of SN.
Are all '81's '20th Ann. or is there a special edition?
Looking at an '81 with lots of features and a very cool fiberglass 'shrouded' trailer.
Thx
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 9:29am
There was a special edition, deluxe interior with higher backrests, silver windshield frame, some other things also, can't remember. VIN should tell you which is which.
Shrouded trailer was just an option through late 70's early 80's, not an anniversary thing. Look in the Diaries for Alens old 81', that is a true Anniversary Edition
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 10:47am
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 11:14am
Thanks for bringing up this thread. Alan's 81 is the ultimate in cool for me. Looks hot enough to burn water!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 12:14pm
Thanks all.....
Wow! The true anniversary edition looks awesome!!!
Turns out mine is just a 'regular' one......
What could I expect for $750.00.......
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Thanks all.....
Wow! The true anniversary edition looks awesome!!!
Turns out mine is just a 'regular' one......
What could I expect for $750.00.......

the trailer can be more valuable than the boat! They are pretty sweet
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 12:26pm
Beautiful Boat!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 12:30pm
Looks like several of the special features found their way into next years' 2001...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 3:16pm
I haven't missed that boat for a long time but looking back on pictures now reminds me of how awesome it was and with that power plant, a 430 prop and straight pipes it was really a monster. Still laugh about the day I was being backed down the ramp and there was a bass boat coming down the lane next to me, when I fired it up it startled the guy so much he almost fell out of his boat.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 3:30pm
So many boats, so little time. That is a great picture of it running too. Who ended up with it? And just where is that engine 😉
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 3:41pm
The boat ended up with Gene Monihan who owned an anniversary edition boat from new himself and lost it in a garage fire.   Him and his son Scott keep it very clean and its currently got a warmed up, detailed, 351 commander, which sounds great and doesn’t lose many races.   They bring it to a fair amount of ccfan events. The original engine is apparently no more than garage art these days.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The boat ended up with Gene Monihan who owned an anniversary edition boat from new himself and lost it in a garage fire.   Him and his son Scott keep it very clean and its currently got a warmed up, detailed, 351 commander, which sounds great and doesn’t lose many races.   They bring it to a fair amount of ccfan events. .

Towards the end of my reign with it it was needing a little bit of love again and Gene and Scott have done a nice job with it. I always love seeing it at the reunions.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 5:12pm
I guess I should have known that but in my defense the last two times I saw them were at red boat only events.....😐
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2017 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The original engine is apparently no more than garage art these days.

LOL, you funny guy Joe!! Plan is to move that artwork from a dolly to a boat this winter, time will tell that tale!!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I guess I should have known that but in my defense the last two times I saw them were at red boat only events.....😐

That Team Red boat of the Teen Idols is a sweet looking boat and truly is in showroom condition. The last time I saw the Genes 81 was a couple years ago and it was still a good looking boat but I spent more time working on the trailer than I did playing in/behind the boat. Scotty needs to throw us a bone and drag it out instead of the Cherry BFN.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic