Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft FREEPORT

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Freeport-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeport-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft FREEPORT
    Posted: December-01-2017 at 7:17pm
Hello everyone -- I'm NEW to Correct Craft Fan DOT com.
Last spring we purchased a "trashed" Correct Craft Freeport. The Serial # is FP337, with a Chrysler 318ci inboard motor. Our goal was to "re-purpose" it -- by making it into a unique Boat-Bar - - to be in our Lake Home Rec Room. Recently we dismantled it -- to get 3 ft. of the stern section. Soon we will be working on the "transformation". I know "nothing" about the boat -- Serial # FP337.
The purpose of this post is to request any information that fellow CC Fans might have about Freeports in general AND possibly about Freeports with a serial "near" FP337.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
.1) Length
.2) Year manufactured
.3) The serial number ranges for each year Freeports were manufactured.
.4) Any other interesting information

Best regards from Akron, OH - - Freeport-Man
DAH
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 6:38pm
Hello DAH and welcome!
I'm fairly new to Correct Craft, and this site as well so I really can't help you much. However, if you go to the REFERENCE tab above and then the BROCHURES tab you can find at least some info on the model. It appears they began in or about 1965 and seem to have had a few variations over the years. Some of the older site members will likely chime in with a whole lot of more specific info later, but that should get you started.

Glad you stopped by!
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Freeport-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeport-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 10:56pm
Thanks for your prompt reply. I had found the brochures and found them to be helpful regarding proving some information. Given I met Ken Meloon MANY years ago (we are the same age), this past week I reached out to Ken. He kindly replied and shared with me that he will forward my request to a key "historian" resource within his Team. In his reply, Ken shared with me that he recalls (from his teenage years) personally delivering Freeports to CC dealers in the Midwest. He further shared that around 1970 the "Freeport" was renamed to be the "Southwind". DAH (Akron, OH).
DAH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic