Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1993 Nautique Dash on 1997 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marcelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1993 Nautique Dash on 1997 Nautique
    Posted: October-16-2017 at 8:17pm
Hi, I'm from Argentina and I own a 1997 Ski Nautique with a GT40 Engine. 4 years ago the whole dash was stolen and since then the boat has been unused. This year i was able to get a entire 1993 nautique dash. It has 3 connectors (2 black and 1 white) just like the original dash. I connect the connectors, when I press the ignition button, it turns on the red light and then I turn the key and the fuel pump works (i hear the noise) but the engine doesnt starts. I hear a click- click noise as if it were something related with the relays. My question is if it can be something related to the connectors. because the dash I installed is different from the original. I will thank any suggestions for solving the problem. (The boat actually have 300 hours and always worked well until i had the robbery)
Regards
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 9:16pm
Since you mentioned you do hear a click when you turn the key to start, I suggest starting with a basic Is your battery in good condition, a starting and not a deep cycle type and charged? How are the battery cables and their connections to the battery? Clean and tight?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
marcelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the reply. The battery is new. I will check the battery cables and their connections.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2017 at 9:14am
Hi I had a similar problem, remove the ends from the battery cables and make sure the wires are clean.   Mine were corroded on the bottom. Good luck.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic