Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 lower dash panel without cutout

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
outerbanked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 lower dash panel without cutout
    Posted: September-14-2017 at 2:14pm
I'm looking for the dash panel that the ignition, breakers, and in some cases the radio mounts to.
I can get this:
https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/lower-section-of-pod-with-radio-cutout-1987/

Which I should be really excited about.
I would like one without the radio cutout, as someone has already cut my lower dash to install a radio on the lower starboard side. Where the warning stickers were.
Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 1:45pm
Is there a way to delete posts?
Nautiqueparts is making another batch of these panels. Although I could not find it on thier site, they do sell the same plate without the radio precut.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 2:03pm
I would like to see it... many of the reproduction dash plates don't look much like the originals. The one you posted with the radio cut outs looks to be NOS. The reproduction they show without cutouts looks very different.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/lower-dash-panel-1988-1989-nautiques-s9403-custom/

I would be interested in a non-cutout panel that looks exactly as the original did. Let us know what you find.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I would like to see it... many of the reproduction dash plates don't look much like the originals. The one you posted with the radio cut outs looks to be NOS. The reproduction they show without cutouts looks very different.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/lower-dash-panel-1988-1989-nautiques-s9403-custom/

I would be interested in a non-cutout panel that looks exactly as the original did. Let us know what you find.

Direct link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 8:29pm
Any update on this? Would love to see what the 87 reproduction panels look like.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2017 at 9:24pm
I forgot I ordered it. I'll email.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2019 at 12:59am
Just checking in again on this. Did you ever get a lower panel?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2019 at 1:16am
I did. Ended up getting the prototype. It looks nice.

I am on travel this week. Have not installed. The letters are printed -not engraved or pressed. Still looking for an original. This is such a low priority winter task for me now that I am focusing on a new engine.

Assembling a treasure of engine parts little by little....
I’ll post pics next week
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2019 at 12:52pm
Cool thanks
erbrown101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erbrown101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 12:05am
Here is another option.

https://newwiremarine.com/

I can send you the file for them to cut without the radio hole.

$220

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 12:22am
Thanks but that’s an ‘88 panel, not an ‘87.
erbrown101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erbrown101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2019 at 11:22pm
couldn't remember when they made the chage.

i was inspired by a post here caled - Reproduction 1986 Dash Plates

are the '86 and '87 the same?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2019 at 11:58pm
No, 87 is standalone (though it was used into ‘88 on the bfn).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 8:58pm

Sorry about the arrangement. I have stitches in one of my hands right now. I had to take these without the assistance of my five year old.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 9:01pm

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 9:21pm
Thanks for sharing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic