Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parking at Lake Sandbar

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Aggieboater12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggieboater12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking at Lake Sandbar
    Posted: June-28-2017 at 8:57pm
I am a first time boat owner. I just recently purchased a '05 Super Air Nautique 210. I have experience with a family members 24ft Sea Ray. We often go to a sandbar to hang out, especially on the 4th coming up. Any suggestions on how I should go about anchoring. We usually beach the Sea Ray due to it being an IB/OB. Any and all help is appreciated for this first time IB owner. Thanks
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 9:19pm
I am sure there are several ways to accomplish this goal, the way I have seen it done is to drop an anchor off the front of the boat, and essentially point the bow towards the waves, and then back away from the anchor (transom towards the shore) get the anchor line set, then run a line off of the transom to a shore stake.   keeping the bow to the incoming wakes will help to keep the boat from swamping should you have a surfer run by a little too close etc.   Rafting together would work too, but I don't have any personal experience with that procedure.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 10:36pm
I dunno. there are so many variables involved. Not the least is wave action and most important is steepness of the beach or bar. Steep bar with little wave action and limited current Ill run that girl right on up, burry a bow hook and open a beer. Anything else is as-found.
Of course most here would cringe about beaching a CC. That's OK, I average >200 hours a year on the boat. It lives in a barn and the resident FRP guy re gels my stem when needed for a 12 pack, a pull and the all the referrals I give him. Its symbiotic.. Those that have been to Blind Pass get it. Its what I have to do, because of where I'm at.
You have to learn your spots and know what to do in each scenario.
I'm afraid we cant be of much more assistance than that.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2017 at 11:08pm
My only advice is to leave enough water below the running gear and skegs to prevent anything from hitting if waves are present. If tides are present, you may need to adjust your lines to accommodate.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 12:22pm
Since you cannot trim the running gear up like the I/O you will need to be in a minimum of 24"-28" depth, which is what the boat drafts, then as mentioned adjust for wave action etc. Probably going to want the prop to be in a minimum of 3' deep water.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 12:23pm
Yeah and mark your anchor so I don't step on it...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Aggieboater12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggieboater12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 12:28pm
Thanks to all, I know I did not give much info.

The sandbar is in a cove so not many waves other than passing boats. Would y'all recommend one bow and one stern anchor? I feel like that would help my boat from swaying in the wind as well, and what type of anchor to use?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 1:28pm
I park at a sandbar that has a lot of wake action. I bought these specifically for parking there.

Shore stake

Folding anchor

Both of these work great and the anchor stows under my backseat which has not been possible with other anchors.

The folding anchor actually comes in two sizes, large ($129.99) and small ($109.99). The website only shows the large one. I have the small one for both of my boats.   I bought the first one at the store and then had to call to order the second one.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 10:16pm
Anchor Buddy system.

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2017 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Anchor Buddy system.

As mentioned all situations can be different. I have found the AnchorBuddy works well. I attach a float to the AnchorBuddy so it will always have the rope end on top of the water and it is easy to find when you return to shore. I keep the bow line attached and tie a simple loop in the end so I can attach the AnchorBuddy. While SLOWLY approaching the shore I will drop the AnchorBuddy . As the line pulls tight the boat should start to swing the stern toward the beach if done right. It does take some practice. Put the boat in reverse and slowly stretch the AnchorBuddy. Then with the stern line that you needed to already have set up prior to approaching shore, I step off the back of the boat in about 3 ft. of water and walk the line to shore as the AnchorBuddy is pulling your boat back to deeper water.

I purchase a cheap dog lead anchor (large cork screw looking device) to screw into the beach side. This device is small light and easy to store. I leave the AnchorBuddy and float in a location for the day when using a beach. I leave the bow line attached with a simple loop tied in the end. As I slowly approach the shore I reach down and grab the float and attach the hook attached to the AnchorBuddy through the loop in the bow line and repeat the above listed routine.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2017 at 5:52pm
I have seen the anchor buddy work great at some CCFan functions. One is on my to buy list. Also, on my to buy list is a Sand Spike. You can use these with the anchor buddy. Several years ago, RJ, of CCFan was a dealer and several guys picked one up. Go to http://sandspike.com/ to check them out. They come in several colors to match your boat.

There has always been a big debate on this site as to beach or not to beach a boat. It is hard on the keel gel coat. Some have put a keel saver / guard on the keel for beaching.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I have seen the anchor buddy work great at some CCFan functions. One is on my to buy list. Also, on my to buy list is a Sand Spike. You can use these with the anchor buddy. Several years ago, RJ, of CCFan was a dealer and several guys picked one up. Go to http://sandspike.com/ to check them out. They come in several colors to match your boat.

There has always been a big debate on this site as to beach or not to beach a boat. It is hard on the keel gel coat. Some have put a keel saver / guard on the keel for beaching.

+1

I use a sand spike in combo with the Anchor Buddy. Normal fluke-anchor in deep water attached to Anchor Buddy. Sand spike on shore. I just pull the boat from deep water close to shore and jump in. The bungee action of the Anchor Buddy pulls me away from shore nicely.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2017 at 7:24pm
I agree on the Anchor Buddy system. Use it often. Works great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic