Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Ski Nautique Overheating

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Greektique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greektique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2017 at 12:00am
does the intake hose have to go under the tranny on its way to the strainer or can i take it over the tranny to the strainer and then to the transmission oil cooler.
'
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2017 at 6:50am
Thrace,
The hose route doesn't matter.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greektique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 12:19am
I have a PCM 351. I have a sherwood raw water pump. I looked at a previous post it said the cam screw on the side of the pump should face the engine. Then today I found a post the had a sketch that showed the cam screw on the outside for a RR351, and The screw on the inside for a LH(GT-40) How should I have the pump installed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greektique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 12:24am
It is a 1990 Ski Nautique I am not certain how to state the rotation
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2017 at 3:00am
Being a 1990 you probably have a LH rotation engine and a RH prop due to your transmission being a PCM 1:23 to 1

Looking at your transmission fluid thread, it doesn't say for sure what you have but the 1.23 to 1 is pretty likely.

If that's the case then you look at the picture at the LH drawing and the screw head will be facing in.

Keep in mind, If you have it installed backwards, it won't move any water

To verify your ENGINE rotation you could look and see which way the pulleys are turning.

Looking at the pulleys from the front of the engine they will turn CLOCKWISE for NORMAL rotation

If it's reverse rotation they'll turn COUNTERCLOCKWISE.

There are other ways too, but this works and is easy to look at with the engine running.

Based on what you've posted earlier in this thread, it sounds like you have it installed correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic