NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl flooring from 60's and early 70's

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl flooring from 60's and early 70's
    Posted: May-01-2017 at 2:40pm
What's it called, Nautolex? Is it durable? My wife is always on my a$$ because I won't allow our dogs in the Correct Crafts. Well if she had to clean that yellow fur out of the blue carpet she might understand. So I almost been contemplating the vinyl material in my '76 since it's close to being period correct. I don't know if I can bend that far from originality though.
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 10:26pm
When I owned my '70 Barracuda, I got rid of the blue carpeting and put in Nautilex vinyl flooring. I used the color called 'Shark.' It was a lite grayish color and looked the balls! Much better upkeep too. I personally hate that blue color that is so prominent in boats, especially the carpeting! lol.....My boat was the dark blue CC color and the seats/side panels were a lighter shade of blue....but, still blue! Not a fan of blue seats on a sunny boating day. Ouch!! Blue was way too hot.

My Wildcat is also....blue. But the light shade of blue. I believe it is 'Meridian Blue.' I do like this shade of blue for a classic CC boat. Fortunately, the previous owners reupholstered the seats in mostly white with striping of a light blue shade. Good enough. So when I got the new floor installed last year, the company doing the work had to add new carpeting/vinyl flooring. I told him I wanted vinyl for sure. Via phone, I called after a while and told him to put in Nautilex in the 'Shark' color. He goes....oh, since the boat is blue, I figured you would want the Nautilex in dark BLUE. So that's what I put in! My feet sizzle!

Lesson learned! I should've been more proactive in informing him of my decisions in advance. One day, I will be ripping that color out!

PS. Let your dogs in the boat anyways!!   
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 10:49pm
Todd,
My 1964 X55 has the original Nautolex in it. In the 3&1/2 years Dunphy made the X55, that's all they used. Considering the boat is over 50 years old, I don't think I need to tell you how tough it is!! Very easy to clean and, dog hair will not get stuck in it!! When I reupholstered the boat, I didn't even consider replacing the Nautolex!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 10:01am
Todd,
Note that the Nautolex has a textured surface to look like carpet but, the surface is closed and not an open loop like carpet.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 10:54am
Shamrock used it also to finish the insides of the boat front to back. To replace it all is the next project,it has been sun damaged,painted and patched where holes were drilled. The same pattern pressed into it is what was used as the non skid pattern on the deck too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2017 at 11:29pm
You might also look at a Canadian product called duradek, if I recall. Good stuff, I used it on a couple of outdoor decks on a house years ago....was VERY happy with it, and it's designed for outdoor use...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic