Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2002 Ski Nautique overhaul

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 9:57pm
Everything is almost done, just a couple small items to go here is a picture of it at the lake.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
jsenicka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsenicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 11:57pm
Holy wow. Nice job!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 12:29am
Good looking boat but man I love that Lake setting! That would be nice to live next to.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by fgroce fgroce wrote:

... Perfect pass GPS upgrade worked great. The boat has the Farina upgrade on the gauges but the speedometer is 10-15 mph slow. The boat still has the paddle wheel installed,   I think this is the problem of the low speed reading any thoughts?

Great looking boat, awesome work 👍🏼

Did this boat already have the Faria upgrade when you got it?

I know Nautique parts sells two versions of the faria kit, one for boat's that have PP already and one version for boat's that don't. If I understand correctly, the non PP version includes a paddle wheel and the PP version assumes you already have a paddle wheel to tap into.

The piece I'm not sure of... I don't think the faria gauges just have the ability to tap into your PP Stargazer gps, I think they need the paddlewheel. So, disconnecting the paddle wheel would probably just stop your faria speedo from working altogether.

You might want to start a fresh post with a title related to the faria gauges. Hopefully someone will chime in who has more experience with them.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 6:20pm
WOW !!!!!!! Nice work. I love the 2002 model.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 7:27pm
Awesome looking job. Enjoy!
'92 Sport Nautique
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2017 at 9:37pm
I figured out what was wrong with the Farina speedometer upgrade. You know everyone says that the Perfect Pass is sensitive to low voltage. I had found bad connections on the speedometers from the install. Thought that was the problem. Ran boat for the first couple of times voltmeter was at 13.5 thought everything was okay. Speedometer still off sometimes. Went to go to the lake last weekend, engine would not crank over.   I found corrosion on the bottom of the battery cables between the cables and the saddle on the terminals. New terminals, shortened cables 1/2 inch fired right up. Then at the lake speedometer worked just fine. I was able to calibrate the speedometer to the GPS with the Perfect Pass. Thanks for all the help.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
NautiqueJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 2:29am
Nice work! Boat looks great.
Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 8:00am
Well done. Sweet looking boat.
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 5:56pm
Hello
I am going through your post as I just bought a 2002 that needs a bit of work. I am am guessing that the floor carpet is 24 or 28oz. Wanted to ask you.

I also wonder if you thought of covering the tan plastic speaker holders that have the cup holder and handle. Mine have scuffs etc and dont look as good as yours. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with that?
Thank you
I hope mine comes out as nice!
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2018 at 8:53pm
Gamma Ski the factory carpet is actually 44oz and I purchased it from Marine carpet.com. They had the exact color that I needed. They will send you free samples so you can compare. The molded parts are hard to find. I purchased one from Nautique Parts in closeout parts and do not know if they still have any more. They only had one of the three available. What part of the country are you in. Let me know if I can answer any more questions. Frank
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 12:26pm
Hello
Looks Great!
I am in the process of doing same thing. Your colors except charcoal grey instead of tan.

Would you tell me where you purchased your carpet. What oz for gunnels and floor?
I am thinking 16oz gunnels and 24oz floor?
Thanks!
GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 12:29pm
I guess I am getting old and the forum new to me. Just read your response to my previous post. Thank you!
GammaSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GammaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2018 at 12:44pm
I just saw you are in Georgia. I work in NC but boat and home in Blue Ridge Ga. Is that close to you?
Don
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic