Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Sport nautique for sale or parts...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 Sport nautique for sale or parts...
    Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:59am
i purchased this boat 5 years ago and now it's in need of stringer repair.. i don't really have the know how or time to do the job.. boat has been used every summer for last 5 seasons. i would be willing to sale the entire boat to someone who would like to do this project or piece it out to those in need.
EArnold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EArnold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:15pm
I would love to get some more info/see some pictures of the boat... have you removed the floor and assessed the damage yet? How is the interior otherwise? The hull? Trailer included?

~Evan
88' SN 2001 New to me in 2016
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:53pm
i will get pics up soon.. actually planned on replacing floor this offseason. that's how i found the stringer issues. i cut an 8inch by 12 inch hole in floor where passenger seat would sit to see damage and found stringer issues. all the seats and vynil in boat have been removed/replaced and are still in shop ready to be put back in the boat... again i planned on replacing floor and putting all new vinyl back in... wood backing for vinyl rails and seats (including bench seat in rear) have been replaced. really bummed about this but i don't think the stringer issues are a problem i can tackle. boat is on a trailer. what i would imagine is the original.
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 2:57pm
hull is in good shape.. some oxidation but no cracking/damage or issues of that nature.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 3:06pm
I'm interested, please email me pictures and info
midwestrebel@gmail.com
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2017 at 10:26pm

this is a pic of vinyl.. again every inch of vinyl in boat has been replaced.... as well as wood backing. i will get pics of the boat up next week... it's in storage.
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2017 at 10:29pm
to clarify... all vinyl is still out of the boat... as i said before i had planned on replacing floor and putting all new vinyls back in. i will not be putting it back in as the person who buys the boat would just have to take it back out... all of it will be sent with boat.

also... i have a boat cover as well that will go with the boat.
proc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 3:27pm
i am in same process right now with my 1991 sport. can i ask how much it was to replace the entire vinyl? where did you have it done? also if you have the plaque on passenger side dash that says sport nautique would you sell that? i cant find one anywhere. i think it screws into the dash. thanks

proc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2017 at 3:35pm
also looking for a ski locker door. mine is pretty spongy. and cant seem to find the floor trim that goes into the bow. its a wood transition piece that covers carpet from bow to main area between the passengers seat and drivers seat.
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 2:54pm
the full vinyl job was $1800.... that's with wood backing replacement. i have a few people looking to buy the whole boat as a project to replace floor and stringers so i'm not quite ready to part her out.
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:00pm
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:01pm
proc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2017 at 3:41pm
thats seems like a great price on interior! whats price for complete boat with trailer?thanks
JReisch09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JReisch09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 1:09pm
I am interested in tower, Is it in good shape? Brand etc. How much would you part it off for including shipping? I am located in Florida.
Jon R
1987 Fish Nautique
jwebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 1:15pm
decided to keep the boat and do the stringer work myself.. well with the help of a few people who know a little more about the process. i'll post pics in maintenance section as i do the work. hope to pull motor and start soon.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by jwebb jwebb wrote:

decided to keep the boat and do the stringer work myself..

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JReisch09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JReisch09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2017 at 1:48pm
Nice I am redoing my floor/stringers as well. Using Coosa board for decking. Full restoration of gauges and interior too, Since our boats look identical besides color let me know if you have any questions. I know Ill be on these forums asking a lot of advice from the old timers.
Jon R
1987 Fish Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic