Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Mastercraft Tubing Boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ncdoubleup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdoubleup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Mastercraft Tubing Boat
    Posted: January-10-2017 at 9:57pm
A few minutes into the video of their new xt21 it's revealed that it is in fact a boat for tubing!!! Check it out, so disappointed!! You should never show that!

http://www.mastercraft.com/xt21
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 10:16pm
You have to admit that the "eyeball" beach-ball thing was cool...
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 11:11pm
I honestly believe they know who buys their boats. 8 out 10 inboards by me are either pulling one or has one strapped to the back no matter the brand. It's why very few pure ski boats are being built
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 12:56am
Don't hate the player, hate game. "Nautiques" makes the same garbage.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Don't hate the player, hate game. "Nautiques" makes the same garbage.

So true.

I think it's a pretty sweet setup. I really love what both nautique and MC are doing with the 21' range boats. The sheer amount of versatility that these new designs are allowing for is just awesome.
For those with a lake house or dock in their back yard, you may not understand but to build one boat that you can do exactly what is shown in that video is great. To be able to put such a diverse crew in one boat, fit all their gear and not have to compromise because there isnt room for the kneeboard this trip etc. When you are trailering a lot tou have to make those compromises because your doing day trips.

I am envious of the storage and capacities alone.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 9:52am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:21am
I'm with Tony, some of these new boats are pretty interesting setups. I would be the first to agree that at times versatility means being not-so-good at anything, but if you need one boat and want to do a bunch of stuff with a gaggle of people for hours on the water, I get why these designs are popular.

As for the video ...... I know it's 2017, I know at 55 I'm getting along in years , but I think that video sucks. I'm all for the go-pro chopped up stuff for a minute or so, but then they need to have some actual video to show you the boat, show you the interior. Just my 2 cents.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 3:13pm
Looks like fun boat to me, but how much $$$$ do they want for one.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 3:51pm
Looks like a cruise liner in the course.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 4:05pm
I'm coming around back towards wanting a good ski boat since the kids don't show up at the dock often enough. Tubing--hate it. Kids get bored or they get hurt. Wake boarding--seems like the Nautique 200 can handle boarding and surfing but still make a great ski wake. Is this true? I don't want to set my sights on something and be disappointed down the road.   
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Looks like a cruise liner in the course.

Going for the record?? How about 145 tubers??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

I'm coming around back towards wanting a good ski boat since the kids don't show up at the dock often enough. Tubing--hate it. Kids get bored or they get hurt. Wake boarding--seems like the Nautique 200 can handle boarding and surfing but still make a great ski wake. Is this true? I don't want to set my sights on something and be disappointed down the road.   

200 DD or Sport 200? I have no experience with either one, but seems like the Sport 200 is the cross-over boat of the 2 that can still slalom very well.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 4:34pm
So the Sport 200 is rhe V drive and it skis pretty well?
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 10:01pm

So the Sport 200 is rhe V drive and it skis pretty well?

Oh yes, true cross over.

Great boat. Last run was 2016, but it seems like I heard one can still be had on special order for 2017, but that does not make sense from a MFG standpoint. They just have not fallen off in price in the used boat market yet. Still pricey. Allen A. has one ( nautique81) very near you. Ask him for a pull this summer.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Allen A. has one ( nautique81)

Alan and it's 81nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:17pm
I thought Alan has a Hurricane and a Ski Nautique. Dana lets him use the 200
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 12:31am
Yeah I'll have to ask Alan to give me a pull so in 15 years when I can afford his boat I'll be first in line! He and Dana have a nice 200
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 9:24am

Yeah I'll have to ask Alan to give me a pull so in 15 years when I can afford his boat I'll be first in line! He and Dana have a nice 200

You can put a deposit down now and I'll hold it for you!   LOL.

We'll get you a pull anytime you want you just have to ask Dana. All joking aside the 200 Sport is ALMOST perfect for us but I do wish the ski wake was a little better at longer line lengths, if it has a weakness that would be it. Shortline it's fine.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 10:08am
I guess it's impossible to completely void all
Physical laws but seems almost like that's what the 200 does. Sooner or later I'll get one though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic