NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2017 New Years Day Barefoot Tournment LKN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 2:36pm
It would appear that Greg is having trouble posting the picture. I'll help.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 3:20pm
Thx Larry - mobile device from the airport is a challenge
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 9:27pm
I know that wasn't me but I did ride on top for a barefoot pyramid back in the day, not sure how old I was? Mark Zeal and Mark Shick where the to base men, no videos back than but I think we had several attempts out of barefoot cove thought. It probably would n't be official unless Bill or John Berry witnessed anyway...    
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 10:44pm
Thanx Larry. You are the man. Bill and I had a long discussion about this on my drive home.

I did not witness this run but have heard about it for years. From the looks of the shoreline I am sure this is at Lake X. Tall guy closest to the camera is the one and only d*ck Walbauer. Probably the best all-around skier I have been around...well up to the point I met Eddie. d*ck could do it all...way before we had the benefit of good equipment. Notice the "skiers belt" and stripped shorts. The guy on top I believe is Mikey Caldwell. The shorter guy must be John Cornish if this picture came from him. This pyramid was also done with a young guy named Jim Patchett as the other base guy. Bill thought this might have been done at the Youch but this sure looks like Tennessee to me.
I have no knowledge of Scott and the 2 Marks but they sure would have been capable footers. And when he was young we could pretty much get Scott to do whatever we suggested.
This pyramid was duplicated by Bill and a very good footer by the name of Dale Good. Their climber was my son Dennis....who was 11 at the time I believe. I have a picture of that...but it is somewhere in a box in the guest room closet.
d*ck Walbauer is on the site...."Little Red Boat" maybe. He has posted questions about his motor in the past year or so.

Sure is fun looking at these pics and remembering. Lotsa good times for sure.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 10:58pm
John
The other base is JC, his FB post says it was at the Yough(?) / Youch
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 11:08pm
thats what Bill thought. JC at the Yough.....d*ck Walbauer and Jim Patchett at Norris. Now we are trying to figure out the climber.

john

just sent JC a FB friend request...hope he sez yes.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 12:28am
took me a few days....but I got pictures...

"pics or it didn't happen"

thanks to Larry Hineline for spending about an hour on the phone with me tonight. Thanks to d*ck Walbauer and my brother Bill for sending me the pictures. This sparked a great conversation with my brother and a series of email messages with Mr Walbauer. Was fun to dig up the memories.

so here we go;

d*ck Walbauer & Jim Patchette at Norris ...Bill will have to chime in with the climber & the year.

d*ck Walbauer & Jim Patchette again.

dismount.

jumping ahead to '82 I believe....now we have Bill Berry & Dale Good with Dennis Berry as the climber;

footin'

fun seeing these again.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 12:48am
Awesome pictures John! I'm really enjoying the story, very cool what you guys were getting done in those years.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:03am
3 more from Mr Walbauer while I am hot..

guess I am not as hot as I thought...can't make them go right side up...darn.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:08am
There just doesn't seem to be any way to have a happy landing for the kid on top. Must have been some brutal ends to a run.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:23am
back in the day we could get our kids to try most anything...just ask Scott Monahan.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:45am
Everytime I see pictures from there now John I can't get the story out of my head about the old guy and your ski naughty q's great pictures---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:50am
I think Scott M. will still try about anything even today.

I love that first photo with that what seems to be a green promo boat in the background.

Very Cool photo's John. Thanks for sharing.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 1:57am
     The Patchett/Waldbauer pyramid was our very first attepted...1972 and done on Lake X. The young man on top was Mike Caldwell. This was done two years prior to the Cornish/Walbauer pyramid with Jeff Nyomo riding up top. Dale Good/Myself and John's son Dennis was done in 1982.
     The dismount from the top was not really that bad as the boys would just bail out the back when told...actually thought it was pretty cool. Fortunately [or luckily] every pyramid we ever tried was a success on the first attempt as I would imagine any fall would have to be brutal on the boys up top. As John said...we could get our kids to try most anything back in the day! Plus anyone can plainly see that we outfitted our youth with nothing but the very best in flotation/protection equipment!!
      BIG thank-you to Larry Hineline for helping John with the technical stuff....you are AMAZING!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I love that first photo with that what seems to be a green promo boat in the background.

I was just going to note that Donald...you are right on the money...my 71' promo in that beautiful green with the fancy script lettering. Another club member [Ralph Shick] had one also but that is mine in the pic'. Sure wish I had more pictures of that boat.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 10:30am
Great old photos. Would have loved to have tried that back in the day.

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

guess I am not as hot as I thought...can't make them go right side up...darn.

One step at a time, Grasshopper.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

There just doesn't seem to be any way to have a happy landing for the kid on top. Must have been some brutal ends to a run.

Not barefooting but...

We were cruising along, I was getting exhausted. I felt I couldnt hold on any longer. I told her to bail out the back. She didnt, I had to let go. She held on to her rope and I saw her fly off my shoulders - still 5 feet up in the air, She was going so fast compared to me, it reminds me of the old Star Trek or Star Wars graphics of the ships going into hyperspace. She hit hard. Its been 40 years, and I'm still not sure she has forgiven me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 7:42pm
Nice old pics guys!!! someone needs to try that again, not me on top thought! I still probably would do anything but need to consider the consequences at my age now...   good job from the command center John. Bill I still have that brown Ski Warm barefoot suit that you had on for that shot, Dave blew it out several year ago. I'll have to bring it down to Lake X to finish it off.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 9:44pm
Another reason why every barefooter should be good at step offs, can't do a pyramid without.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 10:34pm
I second that advice from HW. I know that I'm out of practice for for stepping off, you just assume you got it. Kev you me on bottom Z on top,
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 1:15am
dang Larry...how did you straighten them out...I tried and tried.

must be in the next lesson....

Scott...if you and HW try this at Lake X...I wanna be in on it...like maybe the driver. Altho I'd guess we might have to let Gene drive it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 3:34am
I have a willing climber
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic