NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1991 Ski Nautique Windshield Screw Cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bpurnell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpurnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1991 Ski Nautique Windshield Screw Cover
    Posted: November-30-2016 at 4:00pm
Does anyone know if you can get replacement screw cover strips for 1991 Ski Nautique? The strips are hard plastic, not the soft type sold by Christine's Marine. They go on the outside of the windshield, where the windshield frame attached to the boat.

Thanks

Brian
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 11:05am
Good luck! There is a guy here in Florida that was once a sponser on this site. I had him do a windsheild several months ago and I got the last piece he had. He pretty much had the World stock of it, so I'm pretty sure the only way you'll get it is by a donor windsheild or if someone has a piece.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2016 at 12:30pm
I ordered a replacement for my 93 Sport through NautiqueParts.com
Not the exact same as the, flat, original, but it does fit and work.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2016 at 12:19pm
Brian, not sure my 93 Sport has the same windshield as yous. But, I was not able to find the original "flat" screw cover.
NautiqueParts told me this rounded one would work. It did.

bpurnell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpurnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 12:01am
Thanks very much guys. Looks like I will be reprinting the old ones although the ones from NautiqueParts.com look great!
bpurnell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpurnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 12:16am
Re-painting (not re-printing like spell check wanted)
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 12:31am
Take a mr clean magic eraser and polish them with that. Removes all the oxidation and dullness. Then apply black magic and let it soak in. Will look like new. Thought yours were missing.
bpurnell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpurnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 2:17am
Thanks! I will try the Magic Eraser, but I am not familiar with "Black Magic". What is it?
- Brian
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 2:25am
It's a better quality of an armorall (sp?) Walmart and most car stores have it. I just had my windsheild powder coated- and cleaned my trim pieces up like new.
bpurnell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpurnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 2:34am
Thanks. I am doing the same thing: powder coating the windshield frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic