Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

95 SN Surfing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiNaughty95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNaughty95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 SN Surfing
    Posted: November-13-2016 at 5:21pm
Hey guys,

New to this and wanted some advice. Just bought a beautiful 95 ski nautique and wanted to know what a good beginner/intermediate surf board would be. Not looking to spend a crazy amount but something to have fun with. I'm 6'2 190lbs. I read that i would probably need a bigger board like 5'4-5'8. Currently have 700lb total ballast with fly high pole, and working on a surf gate :) I know its not the biggest wake but it works! But looking for something that will work with smaller wake. Anything helps!

Cheers,

Kyle
Paczesny
2tall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2tall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2016 at 5:20pm
Hey Kyle,
I have a 96 SN closed bow basically the same boat as yours. I have 2-350lb ballast bags which doesn't seem like enough. I think I need a 540 in addition to what I have to make the wave rideable on a smaller board. I am 6'6" 215lb and I use an actual surfing longboard (9'0") which allows everyone I bring along as well as myself to ride an endless wave. I have had 5'6" slingshot space pickle and the wave didn't have enough push for me to drop the rope. I also have a 4'8" hyperlite broadcast that I use for slashing and carving without letting go of the rope. It doesn't even come close to allowing me to let go of the rope. I read good things about the Slingshot board, but I am just too big I think. I am adding a couple of pics of my wake with 700lbs and 1 person in the boat and a diy surf gate. The wave gets bigger with a couple more people, but as I mentioned I want to add a 540 sac as well for next summer.
2Tall - 1996 Ski Nautique GT-40
rolleronariver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolleronariver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2016 at 10:07pm
I have a 92 sport that we surf behind when the water is too rough to wake board or ski. I'm 6'3" and 210 ibs and I'm using a hyperlite surf butch customs 4'8" with 3 800 ibs fat sacks. It a waste high wake but it's a lot of weight in the boat too. The boat handles it well though.
92 Sport nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic