Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 SN convert to mechanical speedo

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BillGalbraith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillGalbraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 SN convert to mechanical speedo
    Posted: November-12-2016 at 5:27pm
I have a 2001 Ski Nautique (with factory -installed Perfect Pass, so I have a paddle wheel) with the faulty Teleflex LCD gauges that I'm finally getting around to replacing. I like the Faria Euro White gauges, as they are easier for these old eyes to read. 5 of the 6 gauges are installed and working, with only the speedo not installed yet. The original Teleflex configuration is that the LCD speedo would pick up the signal from the paddle wheel, but apparently it also would pick up the speed from the pitot tubes. I have the two white pitot tube collectors (one is broken, which I'll fix). I assume that the individual tubes enter the hull, are teed together, and that is sent to a pressure transducer. The pressure transducer would then send an electrical signal to the speedo, which I think was available on an alternate menu. I just can't seem to find the two pitot tubes once they enter the hull. Do I have to remove the fuel tank to get to them?

Now for your education for today. The pitot (pronounced pee-toe) was named after the French hydraulic engineer and inventor Henri Pitot (1695-1771).

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillGalbraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2016 at 6:18pm
...or, does anyone have a Teleflex that they removed from their boat that they would like to get rid of? I got the tach working on the bench okay, but I shorted the speedo out, an dit's a sealed unit, and am not expecting to get it apart. If this is successful, I'll publish my results here, of course.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2016 at 10:49pm
Perhaps one of these:

GPS Speedometer
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillGalbraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2016 at 11:10pm
I paid $29 for the mechanical speedometer. It matches all the other instruments. Worst comes to worst, maybe I could use a GPS speedo. Thanks.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2016 at 7:41am
Originally posted by BillGalbraith BillGalbraith wrote:

Now for your education for today. The pitot (pronounced pee-toe) was named after the French hydraulic engineer and inventor Henri Pitot (1695-1771).

Cool. Didn't know that. You learn something every day...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2016 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Originally posted by BillGalbraith BillGalbraith wrote:

Cool. Didn't know that. You learn something every day...

For all you slide-rule heads:

In a pitot tube, the height of the fluid column is proportional to the square of the velocity of the fluid at the depth of the inlet to the pitot tube.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
LidoBayDBSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LidoBayDBSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2016 at 2:30am
Where is the speed transducer assembly for a 2000 Ski Nautique 19.6? It is where the 2 pitot tubes plug into to get converted to digital.
TAS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic